Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 2

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 2

Here is the 2nd preview of the upcoming Gold version of my TE mod.

Whilst not as packed full of pctures as the first preview of Gold, i still hope you will find it interesting.

Update on Progress

Gold should be out next week or soon after, and it will be, repeat will be save game compatible.

Features List

The full features list for Gold is:

-reskins for nearly every unit for every faction
    -unified rome - now only one roman faction, so no annoying senate!
    -2 new factions - brutii and scipii have been converted into Epirus and Baktria
    -Mundus Magna v3 implemented as Imperial Campaign map
    -unique victory conditions for all factions
    -edited custom battle locations - every single one is different from the RTw one
    -Genetics, Ageing, Family and Health traits and ancilliaries added in, adds in new traits and ancillaries, and fixes some bugs with them.
    -new interfaces for all cultures including the Barbarian one from Barbarian Invasion
    -Barbarian factions can now build all city levels
    -new buildings for the Barbarian factions tranferred over from Barbarian Invasion - much greater depth to the Barbarian factions now
    -Egypt changed into a more accurate version Ptolemaios
    -SignifierOnes animation pack implemented - new animations for gladius, hoplites, and others
    -Senate offices still in game as traits despite the fact there is no senate!
    -new unit cards for all reskinned units done by me
    -sprites for all units so there will be a significant performance increase over previous versions
    -new faction victory, death and defeat images
    -First Cohorts only recruitable in Italy, but now use the Bi legion name feature
    -DarthsFormation Mod 13.0 included, but modified by me to work best with TE factions - seriously improves ai battle behaviour(will include 14.0 if they are out before Gold estimated release date)
    -longer lasting battles
    -recruitment and upkeep costs increased so less full stacks and battles more decisive
    -recruitable generals - but they are expensive
    -night battles added in to campaign, and torches added to night battles!
    -new icons for all factions done by Kaweh K
    -new campaign map generals and captains for some factions, and reskinned ones for all factions.
    -new battlemap banners for greece, thrace, romans, thrace, numidia, carthage, macedon, gaul, germania, dacia, britons
    -reskinned agents for all factions with a new faction colour
    -new settlement and port models for the campaign map
    -urban cohort, praetorian cavalry, war dogs, flaming pigs, screeching women and arcani removed
    -romans can only build onagers, after the marian reforms
    -new units added for all factions, a total of around 30 in all
    -greek units given greek names to give a more unique feel to them
    -no more machine gun arrow towers in sieges, rate of fire is much much slower
    -each factions campaign ai tweaked slightly to make them stronger
    -realistic horse mod by pinarius included
    -palm forests implemented into the game
    -new intro movie done by Hader - available as a seperate download
    -new loading screens done by me, pictures taken mostly by Hader
    -rebels are stronger so it is a challenge expanding
    -tougher ai generals
    -peasents no longer recruiable in campaign
    -more starting money for all factions - greatly increases the challenge
    -rebels no longer get peasents, now they are a challenge to fight!
    -skymod courtsey of Archer - greatly improves look of the skys and different daytipes.
    -new forts courtesy of lt1956
    -single player historical battles are still playable
    -Quick battles have been disabled as they no longer work with this mod, as well as the Prologue.

New Faction Banners

These are the new faction banners that we will be in Gold, replacing several of the ones that were in the last preivew. All of them are done by Kaweh K.

From left to right: Roman, Britannia, Ptolemaios, Parthia, Macedon, Pontus, Scythia, Seleucid, Spain.

Palm Forests

With the last preview i gave a small glimpse of the palm forests that i have mamanged to implement ingame thanks to the tutorial by Teleklos Archelaou. Now here is a bigger pic of how the new Indian Palm Forest custom battle map looks, and how other palm forests will look.

New skins

I have tone ddown the helmet colour on the pre marian roman units as many have said the colour was too gold like, now it is more bronze coloured. Thanks to PROMETHEUS ts for use of the bronze helmt texture from Res Gestae.

And i have also given the Spartans a make over, thanks to ATG for permission to use his skins and models, ive had to edit the model a bit to make it fit with the hoplite animation in my mod, and ive also done some parts of the skin

Loading Screens

Ive done new loading screens for Gold based on the ones Kaweh K did for his Custom Edition version of 5.1, but edited slightly.

I hope you've enjoyed tihs preview of the upcoming gold version of my TE mod.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Campidoctor

Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae Gold - Preview 2

Excellent, the new Roman skins are now perfect, well done in changing the helms. The Spartans look very nice too, along with everything else. Good work Lusted.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

love the new spartan skins....

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Yep, the spartans looks much better than the one on 5.0 and 5.1.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Spartans are cool, but the rest of the Hoplites still feel too Vanilla like.. U should replace them with something else for a better effect and feel about the Greek Cities.
    And the Roman Banner seems strange.. Like the colour and SPQR sign, but the rest ruins it, and is the Greek banner still the old Vanilla banner?

Greek hoplites are staying the same. The symbol on the banner is the fasces http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasces
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Kaweh.k's banners are excellent. Good to hear Gold is being released soon Lusted. can't wait with all the new features

Campidoctor

I believe I'll be using the current Roman banners though as I like them more than the new ones in the preview. Well I'm sure banners aren't a
    big deal as you can pick and choose from packs here and there to customize your game.

Greek skins (except the spartan skin) are horrible in my oppionion and i personally like larger maps (e.g. IceTorque´s WarMap). But everythng else in this Mod seems to be perfect!

Dorian's Avatar Libertus

Everything but the Bull Warriors of Iberia! I've been playing in Very Hard and I have already conquered 2/3 of the world with Greeks, but facing Bulls without catapults and archers is a guaranteed diasaster! Why are they so strong? Historically unjustifiable dearest Lusted. Please, give us a chance to battle man-to-man!!!

Because they're the only elite unit the Iberians get.
    Creator of:

Yeh, bull warriors are tuff mofos.

looken good my freind i love the new spartans

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

excellent features!!i just love the new banners!! well done Lusted!!
    also my compliments to ATG for the Spartan skin and to Kaweh for the magnificent banners!!
    bravo!!!!!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

are you planning on removing Roman archers and the Armenian cataphracts horse archers?

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    are you planning on removing Roman archers and the Armenian cataphracts horse archers?
    Since that would remove save-game compatiblity, I'm sure he won't remove them.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Looks good. Ill hopefully be able to continue my current SPQR campaign.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Woo! Can't wait for it!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Battles are so fast,you will fix this in gold version?? or do you tell me the archive where i can change battle speed plz?? sorry for my bad english and thanks!

descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.txt has the different movement speeds over different terrian, do not reduce the numbers too much or battles will become very slow.
    Creator of:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast