Thread: enviroments

Default enviroments

Hi, is there any possibility to use vanilla enviroments for this mod?

Default Re: enviroments

I'm assuming you mean the trees, ya those new ones look great, but sure do suck up computer resources.

I have no idea, but some of the people who implemented the mod might have an idea or two.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to extract the RSII environments now that I've got them in there. It was a little confusing to implement, and I didn't take good notes.

For what it's worth, though, it ran fine on somewhat lowered settings on my old computer, which was middle-of-the-road in early 2006.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

I figured out a way to get vanilla vegetation into RS2, but couldn't get into work for EXRM.

This link is to mod that takes RS2 vegetation into EB. I just took note of all the files it replaced and did the reverse with the vanilla files to RS2. It took quite a bit of trial and error and couple different RS2 installs, but when it worked my FPS increased to a playable level even on large unit settings.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ctum-2-into-EB

I only tried it once and gave up out of frustration. I may try again. I've yet to play EXRM 4.0, despite previous versions being some of my favorite mods for RTW.

well, i think i'ļl give it a shot. Results will be posted later

* I just bought a new PC so problem solved
    thanks to everyone who helped me.
    Last edited by Specialized; August 08, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

LOL. I'm glad you got a new PC.

Part of the problem may be that I replaced some files in the .pak files. I had a tough time with those. Some stuff just did _not_ want to be packed.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.