Thread: possible bug

Default possible bug

Hello, sorry Idont know where to post this so ill put it here.

So,my pc has no problems running rome total war (vanila/RSII) but there is this wierd "lagg" when im on the campaing map and i move the map like to different direcitons , or when i just click on minimap it takes so long to show the new place. It didnt happen before (like 1 year ago when i played RTW) so please, any tips?

Default Re: possible bug

Download fraps http://www.fraps.com/ and have a look at the yellow number in the top of the screen, that should tell you the FPS, from there hustle and bustle with Battlemap Resolution and graphical settings.

Other than that it sounds wierd, try also, once lag starts, to bring up the Joblist and check CPU usage, if it's an issue with that, then check which programs takes up most and shut them down.

Anyway, it sounds like something graphical, since you can run vanilla fine.

Try clearing some space on the drive and defragment it - It should also improve performance.

Default Re: possible bug

Vanilla RTW/BI/Alex is one thing....

But if it's RSII, that is a whole other issue - even the campaign map is so much more detailed that it stretches your graphics ability (which is totally down to the speed of your main processor as RTW, et al, just doesn't even care about your super-dooper graphics card).

This happened to me in all my trials to find a spec of (old) PC that would actually run RSII acceptably.

The best thing(s) you can do are to:

- Lower the resolution of your screen back to 'those of simpler times'
    - lower the colour to x16 instead of x32
    - generally lower all graphics settings where you can

I found exactly what you're finding on the campaign map - and now use 1280x1084x16 on a true 3GHz chip and it's okay. That's even on an older monitor, for it can't really cope with modern wide-screens either....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.