Page 8 of 256 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tempest War: Part 2- New Arc= New Members- Need Gorons!

Default Re: I Dream in Twilight ( No longer accepting)

Nar

She had to smile at his attitude. His persistence was a bit annoying, but in a amusing way.

“Okay, you get points for persistence, but I’ll have to take some away because of your oversized ego. Tell you what, I’ll put you on the list of potential candidates and we’ll sort this out later when we have found out if the sea can avoid evaporating on the hot desert dunes. It may just create a new oasis.” She added with a wink.

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Cerule

Cerule grinned at the wink. He was really starting to like this girl.

"Good enough for me, and now back to the point i was going to make in the beginning. My crew is down many men, so i think we both benefit by you joining in for at least until this whole war is over. BE for warned, i know you do not like river zora, but Zann is a good friend of mine, but i will do you the kindness of having him out of your sight. Besides, all these hylians probably make you as sick as they make me. I am not one for following their orders, i only do so because they are our best shot at surviving this hell and i promise on my large stash of rupees that i will help you in anyway i can after this mess."

Oh Cerule you always did have a soft spot for the ladies.

"You know, i have heard of Gerudo pirates, so i do not think the idea of you and water so obscure."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Ducenarius

Heriuno
    He emerged from his meditation, feeling like a new Goron. Heriuno had knocked down the door to a vacant house, and set up on their floor. It was dangerous perhaps, but it gave him privacy and that was truly important. He had thought long and hard about his actions in the last battle, how he had lost control, and was confident they would not be replicated. "I just didn't have the time to prepare myself." he thought assuredly. Heriuno long ago decided meditation was about the only worthwhile thing he had received from his time with the Tribal Monks. Refreshed, he began walking the streets, looking for some decent quality rocks to snack on. Gorons could go long periods without food, but even they had their limits. Perhaps he would check in with the Hylian commander soon. Perhaps not. His mind was detached once again from the poison of conflict, and he wanted to keep it that way as long as possible.

zacen299's Avatar Senator

Cairn

Cairn went looking for the man who had been wearing Ordonian Armor he had heard he was Hylian but he wanted to know how his long time separated home has been doing. He found him just finishing a conversation with Viir about something.

He ran up "Sir I would like to ask some questions about Ordon considering you were just there. Mainly I want to know how is the village holding up? Have the Twili attacked it, and finally does anyone named Alia still live there? I have no idea if you had time to get to know the locals but it would be nice to know."

Cairn chucked remembering the years before his parents died. "Also wanna go grab a bite to eat I really don't know if any of these other people actually would want to socialize with me but I'm hoping you will." Cairn grinned trying to actually make a friend in this horrible siege "Might as well make the best of it" He thought.

Nar

Accepting his offer sounded like a really, really good thing, but she also was really, really unsure if it would work. Her issues with Zora were rooted deeply than just their alien appearance. In the village she was born, there had been but one well, and it happened quite often that it dried out. Water had always been a scare thing, treasure, wasting it punishable by death.

When she had been conscripted to Fort Ayloch, on the way there she had seen a river for the first time. It had been love on first sight, having so much water at hand at all times.

And then the River Zora had come. Suddenly even something as beautiful as a river wasn’t safe anymore, now that she knew that Zora existed, even large bodies of water didn’t mean safety anymore. It was just another threat to one’s life, like so much else in the endless sands. And for taking the one safe, life-spending place rivers had been from her, she would always hate Zora, even if she knew they weren’t at fault.
    But damn, she really did like Cer, and he did have a good point with him being with him and his crew being preferable to being with Hylians (her escaped man-meat aside). Perhaps they could find a compromise.

“Surely, your tongue is a sweet as oasis water. I don’t think outright joining your crew is the best way to do this though, as I scout I am used to either work alone or with a partner I have known for years. Besides, as professional soldiers we both know letting me fight alongside people who don’t know me and have had an entirely training that me could get tricky in a fight. Still...” she leaned forward and whispered in low tongue so she wasn’t overheard “...I am open to a little alliance. I watch your back, you watch mine, if your gang plans something that won’t sit well with Hylian command, I will not only keep quiet, I will help you. And when the chips come down and the lack of a common enemy puts us at odds with the Hylians, you can count on my bow.”

Leaning back, she added in normal tone: “But tell you what, should you actually manage to get me a good horse, I’ll join your crew completely and even take orders. Well, reasonable ones.”
    Last edited by gaiachild; August 02, 2012 at 06:14 PM.

Cerule

Cerule caught that exotic scent as she moved in close, intoxicating. A mix of sweat, spice and something other. Nothing more appealing than her at the moment, until she leaned back. Cerule smiled wide and said

"I think I can get a hold of one of the Ordon Horsemen's mount when the time comes to jump ship. One of these days the Twilight Walls will come down, and we will ride and swim our way out with all the expensive things these Hylians do not really need. After this war I think I have done my fair share of community service for a while."

Nar
    Satisfied Nar grasped his hand.

“I can work with that. Call on me when you need help, and once we can leave this cramped place and you do get that horse we can ride into the sunset. For now I have some other business to attend to. Lets part ways for now…” she gave him a conspirator’s smile “…wouldn’t want the Hylians to catch on to us.”

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

Balorun

With a great two handed sweep he finished off the last few of the twili swordsmen. "that should be enough to grab their attention" he thought as he looked from the most recent group of twili to attack the embassy to the respectable mound of corpses "It's a wonder these fools were able to take the city at all, let alone the castle. Oh well." He dragged the newest corpses to the pile and grabbed a torch from a nearby wall and tossed it on to the pile which blazed and smoked rather nicely. "There that should make those shadow freaks and whats left of the locals know that someone is still out here. Figures that I'd get stuck near the castle anyways, at least the gates are the only way in." He was barely able to get these thoughts out before the all to familiar ringing of weapons being drawn told him the next group of twili had arrived. turning to look at this newest group he absentmindedly noticed this group was being led by some sort of horse beast. Regardless he waded into them with all the skill and fury only Darknut training can provide.

Cerule

Cerule smiled back at her and watched her leave. As beautiful in the back as in the front Cerule chuckled at the thought. He hoped that when the time came, she meant those words. Cerule then turned to the mess hall, after all this talk of rolling sands and a different kind of hunger, he really was hungry.

After a good thirty minutes of chowing down what the hylians called "Food" he decided to go back and check on his Sewer Lizard Gilliack. He hoped his new crew member had recovered some and might be able to at least sit up and talk.
    Last edited by Zectorman; July 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Gilliak

His eyes slowly opened, finding himself in a room of some kind. He looked around to find that it was some kind of medical room, the most obvious hint being the various blood stained tools and rags on a nearby table, the blood the same color as his own. He cast off the blankets he was covered with to find that they had indeed saved him from death. I suppose I will soon discover wheather this is some cruel joke their goddesses are playing on me before I find myself sent to Termina or cursed by the past Matriarchs he took a second look at the bandaged wounds, laying a clawed hand over them to find that they were fresh. Or that they did indeed save me from the jaws of death.

He found that his tail still had the spear tip on it, and that his sword and shield were a few feet away, so at least he didn't have to go looking for them. "Perhaps its best I stay in here" he thought aloud, laying back into the bed no idea how anyone else would react, aside from piercing me with blades.

Palarnus

The food had been simple, as expected of basic military rations. Bread, water, some cheese, and dried meat, it was certainly no luxury meal, but it fulfilled it's purpose. Stepping out of the mess hall, he noticed the young Hylian conversing with the Gerudo's bedmate he had seen earlier. It was hardly of concern to him, idle conversation was a common past-time among the soldiery, no matter the nationality.

Rather than join them, Palarnus made his way to the makeshift training ground set up by the rank-and-file. It was essentially a square dirt arena with a rudimentary fence of sorts set up, with the observers watching from the sidelines. Stepping in next to the other observers, he watched the two soldiers in the arena.

The two combatants were two of the recruits who had managed to survive the previous battle. Their armour was in serviceable condition, and they were using dull practice blades to prevent any life-threatening injuries. Their technique and skill were... average, by Hylian standards, as expected of fresh recruits. Each of the combatants had received equal training, but one of them, who stood slightly above the other, appeared to have a natural proficiency in the art of swordplay, or he was just lucky, when it came to recruits, it was difficult to tell the difference. He had the other man on the defensive, attacking repeatedly, leaving no opening for his opponent to strike back. It was a foolish tactic, he would merely tire faster, leaving himself vulnerable to his opponent. As the duel went on, the taller recruit began to slow down, at that moment, the other man's movement changed, rather than staying on defensive as he had done for the past minute, he struck back, meeting minimal resistance from his tired sparring partner, eventually knocking him to the ground. The duel ended there, with them both exiting the arena, to cheers and jeers alike.

If anything, these Hylians would need far more than sparring practice, if they expected to last in a straight fight with one of the more intelligent Twili. At first, he considered training them, but he remembered that the Cliff Lord training regimen he knew would be far more difficult for them, the effort alone would probably kill them. It would be best if he simply allowed them to learn the old-fashioned way, through true combat, rather than mock-fighting.
    Last edited by DiddlyDark; July 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Sarm

Sarm nodded to his Captain, trying to keep calm, but the promotion was a great honour. Hylians are conditioned to accept their lot in life, whatever it is, but Sarm appeared to be rising faster than an Ordona hawk on a hot plain. "I humbly accept your offer, Captain. I have other matters to discuss with you, sir, but for the moment I will go with recruit Cairn and check on the other recruits. And as for the other matter we discussed... I trust your judgement on this fully, sir. Recruit Cairn, I would happily eat and discuss Ordona with you, but for now, walk and talk with me. Tell me," as they stepped away from the captain "how do you think the war is going? Are we well supplied? What would your first action be if we were to be attacked now?". The questions were a test. The boy must have shown promise to be picked out by the Captain, so he would likely make a decent Lance-Corporal, if he can keep a cool head. He was obviously trying to make a friend, but unfotunately, friends are for peacetime and civilians.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Cairn

As they continued down the hallway Cairn thought of how to answer the questions. "Well sir I'd think right now the war is going badly for us mainly because we weren't prepared for a surprise attack like this with no warning but with careful planning and a little ingenuity I think we can push back the tides and take back our lands. As for supplies I'm not really sure considering we haven't been here long enough for me to check but from the food we are being served and the condition of the knights arms and armor I'd say we are doing good I really haven't seen anyone complaining about lack of food or other essentials so that seems to be a good sign. Finally to your last question what I would do would make sure everyone had fallen back to the safest and most defensible position we have and use our advantages for us like our crossbowmen and spear men would be useful for creating choke points in an Urban environment like this and defend as long as we can. Until we can organize a proper strike against them which would probably best be done in stealth because if they knew we were coming they could easily outnumber the troops we have to use against them right now. I'd say a small strike team first would work well followed by a larger assault once we used guerrilla tactics to weaken whatever command structure they have, if they even have one. But all of this is conjecture until we have more information about the enemy in which case I could give you a more proper idea but I haven't yet been told much about their capabilities." He looked at Sarm wondering if this is what he wanted to hear.

Sarm

Damn. Hemoth used to do that, ask quick fire questions, and watch as cocky young recruits, such as Sarm, choked. However, Cairn had answered all the questions correctly, and with his own interpretation of possible strategies. The only fault Sarm could find was that the recruit spoke fast and with very little pause to breathe. But Sarm couldn't fault him for being right, so nodded. "A good analysis. A touch optimistic, but pessimism never won a war. How far to the recruits billet?"

Cairn

"Ah it's about two blocks down this way, follow me and I'll show you" Cairn motioned for Sarm to follow him. "I think we might want to stop by the armory first we aren't exactly wearing normal clothing. I need to drop this off and both get some normal clothing and my scout gear, and I'm not sure if that's your normal armor or not but you probably need some normal clothing too. Although I have always hated the requisitioned clothing." Cairn smirked as he remembered a funny incident back when he signed up. "Also just curious but what were you and Viir talking about? Anything important? Or would it be something on a need to know basis. After being stuck in that basement for quite a while I'm curious to know what's been going on up here."

Sarm

Sarm was quiet for a second. "This armour was made by the best blacksmith in Hyrule, and the leather by the greatest tanner. They were made in Ordona style specifically for my placement in Ordona. The Blacksmith would routinely make armour for the Ironclad guard, and the tanner made leather for use in the Palace. And this equipment was the best they made, and will ever make." Sarm stopped walking and turned to look at Cairn. "Cairn, we are still in a warzone, and normal clothing is not very protective. I stink now, and I'll stink tomorrow. But I'll at least not smell of own blood." Sarm realised that he was being too harsh on Cairn. The origins of his armour were a close issue, but that wasn't the recruit's fault. He sighed "Cairn, you cannot tell anyone this, but my armour and leather was made by my parents, who worked in the Castle. And when the Twili occupied, many reports said that most of the staff were" he paused "eliminated." He continued walking forwards.

"Also, I arrived only shortly before you escaped, from what I understand, and most of that was spent in a sewer. I've also been asleep for a few hours, so you're more up to date than I am. Although I will accompany you to the armoury, maybe I can scrub some of this Twili blood and crap from my armour"

He sensed that the conversation had taken a turn for the worse. "So you're a scout? Explains the knives, but they're not exactly common in the Knights."

Nar

Alright, so she had made another ally (and a nice one at that). Things were starting to look up. Now she only had to get a scimitar, a horse, find Twenara and her man-meat and get out of here alive. But one thing at a time.

Speaking of her man-meat, apparently congratulations were in order. Rumors had a way of getting around quickly in army camps, and while most Hylian soldiers obviously didn’t fully trust her, most of them also didn’t suspect her to understand Hylian. Fortunately for her she did, since it had been mandatory for her and her sisters in arms to learn the language of the people they would fight against. So it was quite easy to listen in to conversing soldiers she passed. And the newest rumors that had many people flustered was that some soldier from outside the city with ordonian blood had been promoted. If her assumptions were right, her prize had become even more desirable.

And what do you know, just as the armory came in sight, so did her man-meat, currently speaking with the jester from yesterday. Finally! He still owed her an explanation for his impolite departure.

“Hey, beauty!” She called out for him while walking towards him with a determined stride. “I still got a bone to pick with you! And don’t think I’ll go easy on you just because you have pretty eyes.”
    Last edited by gaiachild; July 23, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

Cairn

"Well sorry for offending you and I'm sorry to hear that about your family hopefully some of the people in the castle escaped. Other than that yes I'm a scout I grew up on the streets I was born in Ordon but sadly my parents were killed by bandits when were out of the village and me and my sister were taken hostage and I was forced to learn to be a thief for them, at the time my release was knife fighting and to this day is still a good stress reliever for me. After I freed myself and my sister I decided I would join the Knights and the job of a scout matched me perfectly. I love the everything the job entails maybe not the danger but it always seems to find me, also if you want help cleaning the armor I would be more than happy to, it seems valuable and leaving it covered with sewer grunge and Twili blood seems like it might ruin it. Other than that the best thing I can say to you would be take a bath. I may need one considering I've been stuck in a basement for a couple of days now but I think sewer smell beats out anything I could do."

Cairn grinned at Sarn "Regardless I'm stopping by the armory for sure I lost a couple of my knives out there in that last battle and I need them replaced and as I said I need my scouts armor. You're more than welcome to come along as I said. I certainly wouldn't mind the company of someone new after all of this it would be nice to talk to someone not stressed out from being in danger all the time. Although I guess we aren't in a much better situation. Hylia I've been chatty today I guess it's because you're really the first person besides my instructors and sister I've talked to in days. Now I'm going to shut up now and you're going to regale me with stories of past exploits you've had."

Cairn shot a look at Sarm "And don't say you can't we may both be soldiers during war time but at those times is when it is important to have something to distract and wind you down. Maybe after we're done at the armory and visit the Barracks also we can have a small sparring session? Also to answer a question I know you want to ask, yes the knights do know about my past and they accepted me regardless."

Ducenarius

Heriuno

After spending a few hours wandering the rebel controlled district in peaceful solitude, Heriuno thought he had established a pretty good idea of its layout. He had located the hospital, the command center, and the various strongpoints of defense. Now he had become quite bored. He had hoped to stumble into another Goron that had made it to the resistance, but no such luck. Was every Goron in Castle Town besides himself still in the occupied zone, or dead? It wouldn't shock him. Gorons in the city were few and far between, and it was difficult for 10 foot tall men made of rocks to sneak to the liberated district.

So who did that leave? Hylians? Sure, the one Heriuno had talked to had seemed friendly enough, but people always had more respect for Gorons when they were staring one down. He had no reason to think that Hylian had been particularly sincere, or that any other would be for that matter. They were allies of convience, nothing more. He had seen a Dynalfos and a couple Fish, but he had even less interest in talking with them. Heriuno liked to think of himself as more liberal minded than many Gorons, but prejudices died hard. The Lizalfos had a reputation as animals, and the Fish he knew for a fact hated the Gorons. All that left that he was aware of was the Cliff Lord, and while he had some trouble admitting it even to himself, the Goron had been intimidated by the solemn warrior. Heriuno was alone.

Heriuno found that his wandering had led him to the sparring grounds of the rebels, where two warriors had just finished and were being cheered out of the arena by their comrades. Heriuno contemplated for a moment, then grinned. He had been rusty last night, and it had been a long time since he sparred. This would not be a challenge most liekly, but it could be practice. Sparring did not quite sate his thirst for battle like the real thing, but sparring also did not cause the same regret. With new determination, his shoved his way through the recruits toward the center arena, hoping some foolish rebel, or even better more than one, would try and test themselves against the Goron.

Sarm

Sarm was unsure how long he could ignore the Gerudo woman, but he was giving it a damn good try. "I'll go with you to the armoury, and then to the recruits billet. Then to the medical centre, if you know where it is? And feel to talk as much as you like, as long as it's not while you're scouting"

Sarm finally registered the girl when she slapped his behind as a drunk would do with a barmaid. "What is it you want, oh queen of the desert?" he said sarcastically.
    Last edited by Mattwensley; July 31, 2012 at 08:02 AM.