View Poll Results: Which team do you support?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona Cardinals

1 1.14%
  • Atlanta Falcons

2 2.27%
  • Baltimore Ravens

3 3.41%
  • Buffalo Bills

1 1.14%
  • Carolina Panthers

3 3.41%
  • Chicago Bears

6 6.82%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

1 1.14%
  • Cleveland Browns

0 0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

4 4.55%
  • Denver Broncos

3 3.41%
  • Detroit Lions

2 2.27%
  • Green Bay Packers

3 3.41%
  • Houston Texans

3 3.41%
  • Indianapolis Colts

6 6.82%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

0 0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

1 1.14%
  • Miami Dolphins

1 1.14%
  • Minnesota Vikings

4 4.55%
  • New England Patriots

11 12.50%
  • New Orleans Saints

2 2.27%
  • New York Jets

3 3.41%
  • New York Giants

5 5.68%
  • Oakland Raiders

1 1.14%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

0 0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

6 6.82%
  • San Diego Chargers

3 3.41%
  • San Francisco 49ers

2 2.27%
  • Seattle Seahawks

2 2.27%
  • St. Louis Rams

2 2.27%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4 4.55%
  • Tennessee Titans

0 0%
  • Washington Redskins

3 3.41%
Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 196994109110111112113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2437

Thread: 2012 NFL Season Thread

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: 2012 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    Where were you for the first half of last season when he was being raved about how he was going to be MVP? Obviously his injury nixed that, but if he played a full season like he was it wasn't out of the question.

I can't believe Greg Jennings signed here. He's gotta be Pondering just who in the hell is going to throw him the ball. At least there are no more excuses about Ponder not having a real WR. Hopefully he's gone by the end of the sixth week, the guy is a complete bust.
    I thought Peyton Manning had it locked up until AP almost broke the rushing record. Maybe I did hear Harvin talked about somewhat in that respect thinking back. But tbh I have heard more about how 90% Ponder is worthless than 10% Harvin is good.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Happy the Vikes got a #1 receiver, it had to happen. Contract is a bit too big, but he's only guaranteed 17 mil which isnt too bad and we were desperate. Glad to deprive the Pack of another player, this time a good one. Bet all the Pack fans saying, "How could he sign in Minnesota with Ponder throwing to him. Welcome Greg Jennings, hope his season ticket holder message is better than Mike Wallace's.

I dont know about know about Ponder being a bust, I think he has some upside. He's smart, has a quick release, and doesnt turn it over.

Let's rejoice Scipio!
    He's smart? In what sense? He stares down his receivers like no other. He should have had a crap ton of more INTs this year too. I couldn't believe some of them that the opp dropped. Christian Ponder has made some of the worst throws i have ever seen too. The guy will have an easy ass 5 yard dump, with no pressure, and he'll lob it five yards OVER the guy's head. His throws are so terrible that it is even difficult for the opposing team to set up for an INT!

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I believe that is an overreaction, you make it sound like he is Matt Cassell (jokes on me, he's on my team) bad. I say smart in the sense that for the most part he doesnt make bad decisions like gunning it into tight or double coverage like some quarterbacks (Philip Rivers). His turnovers were limited, which is very crucial, you cant turn the ball over. Ponder was better than a handful of quarterbacks last year, don't throw him away so soon.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    He's smart? In what sense? He stares down his receivers like no other. He should have had a crap ton of more INTs this year too. I couldn't believe some of them that the opp dropped. Christian Ponder has made some of the worst throws i have ever seen too. The guy will have an easy ass 5 yard dump, with no pressure, and he'll lob it five yards OVER the guy's head. His throws are so terrible that it is even difficult for the opposing team to set up for an INT!
    Eh. I've seen Mark Sanchez throw half his interceptions on checkdowns. But then again, half of his throws are checkdowns.

(Sorry Jets fans, but as a New York Giant fan, I finally don't have to listen to your annoying cries of how much better Sanchez is than Two-Time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning, simply because his team went to two Conference Championships with him throwing more Ints than TDs. Seriously, those conversations were really beginning to piss me off)
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sanchez got to much credit for the team when it was doing well and gets way to much blame when its talent is non existent. No RB, no WR, No TE. D is the best thing about that team and it lost its best player. O line has gotten worse each year. Not sure why everyone is saying Sanchez is holding them back or something, its not like the team was full of pro bowlers for years and the QB can't get it done year after year.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Lol for real. Any talent Sanchez might have had has been seriously diminished due to the fact that he has been surrounded by incompetence for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    I believe that is an overreaction, you make it sound like he is Matt Cassell (jokes on me, he's on my team) bad. I say smart in the sense that for the most part he doesnt make bad decisions like gunning it into tight or double coverage like some quarterbacks (Philip Rivers). His turnovers were limited, which is very crucial, you cant turn the ball over. Ponder was better than a handful of quarterbacks last year, don't throw him away so soon.

Too late, i threw him out the minute we drafted him with our first round pick AND took him over Dalton. The icing on the cake was when i heard some commentator say he was comparable to Chad Pennington, oof!

Quote Originally Posted by pspguy123 View Post
    Lol for real. Any talent Sanchez might have had has been seriously diminished due to the fact that he has been surrounded by incompetence for the most part.
    You mean when he had L.T., Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, the best O-line in the NFL, and the best Defense in the NFL?

He had talent around him, it eroded this season, but he never took that "step" that everybody wanted him to take and thought he would take and he is what he is. A bum.

It's fascinating watching my Bills continue to do nothing, while our team is filled with holes. We're going to build ANOTHER team with UDFA's, considering the Bills have a whopping 6 draft picks and an absurd need for starters, let alone DEPTH.

Same story different title really.
    Last edited by frozenprince; March 19, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Sanchez is an example of why you should never draft a USC quarterback.

Then whats Carson Palmer?

Used to be you didn't draft Cal QB's, then there was this one guy named "Aaron Rodgers".

Not drafting a guy because he played at a school is asinine. especially if he played under a completely different coaching staff and philosophy from Carroll to Kitten.

Now you shouldn't draft Barkley for any number of varied, valid reasons, but because he went to USC and USC QB's haven't all been successful is not one of them.

I'm not serious, just a lot of highly rated USC quarterbacks end up sucking.

Well, remember this day, becuase none of the analysts are.

This, this is the day football dies. They've just neutered Adrian Peterson, reigning league MVP, by taking away leading with the crown of the helmet outside of the tackle box. TAKING AWAY POWER RUNNING! It's been a part of the game since before they wore helmets for ****s sake. And now it's illegal and the NFL has taken it's biggest step to just being an over glorified arena league that never runs or plays defense.

I feel disgusted and nobody in the sports media world is even discussing it. All they care about is "yay dah tuck rool iz dead".

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    Well, remember this day, becuase none of the analysts are.

This, this is the day football dies. They've just neutered Adrian Peterson, reigning league MVP, by taking away leading with the crown of the helmet outside of the tackle box. TAKING AWAY POWER RUNNING! It's been a part of the game since before they wore helmets for ****s sake. And now it's illegal and the NFL has taken it's biggest step to just being an over glorified arena league that never runs or plays defense.

I feel disgusted and nobody in the sports media world is even discussing it. All they care about is "yay dah tuck rool iz dead".
    Yeah, I'm done. I've watched the new safety rules coming in the last few seasons. Some are ok, some are ridiculous. This is a step to far for me. It won't be football anymore with a decade assuming it still is at this point. To the regulars in this thread whom I've enjoyed talking to for the past four or five seasons, take care. I'm sure I'll see you around the site. Enjoy the games for those of you who plan to stick with the sport or have no problems with these rules.

Oh, and on a final note. Mike Brown, owner of the Bengals was the sole person to vote against this.
    Last edited by CDMan477; March 20, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Of course Mike Brown did. For all the crap he takes about being cheap (he is) and being a ****** owner (he is) he's also the last vanguard of "the old guard".

Who the **** is even getting hurt because of this? What an awful decision to take it away. What's a running back supposed to do, use their arms? The helmet to helmet rule is acceptable, but this completely takes away from the game. Taking player safety to the extreme.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Going to turn into the NFFL soon, National Flag Football League. This new rule against the RB lowering his head is idiotic.

I understand there is the wording "crown of the head".

But this is just too subjective. In real time the refs don't care about a specific part, so "the crown of the helmet" becomes the entire helmet, just like the "no touching the QB's helmet" rule. I believe it's just a rule to protect against forceful blows to the crown of the QB's head, not his entire head, but more often than not it's called because of glancing blows to the sides of the helmet.

The refs should have LESS they need to look at and watch for, not more. This is just a stupidly unnecessary rule and is only in place because the NFL is too damn proud or too damn stupid to make it mandatory for players to wear the safest helmets and the safest pads. Instead of mandating the best equipment, the mandate outdated equipment instead and just force idiotic rules down our throat because they fear lawsuits. Not paying attention to the fact that these rules are fundamentally changing the game. Causing the same blows to it that a lawsuit and decreased popularity amongst parents for their children to play would.

This is a 15 yard spot penalty now. SMFH. Tainting the game I love. None of the running backs in the NFL are happy right now, they've basically penalized "getting small" which is really the only way most RB's have to protect themselves against big hits. Forcing them to keep their eyes and heads up is just begging for more injuries, and honestly I think forcing the change in running styles is going to cause FAR more harm than it prevents.
    Last edited by frozenprince; March 21, 2013 at 01:08 AM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I think this rule only lasts a year or two, or is seldom enforced.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Elvis Dumervil to the Ravens. Sizzle, Doom, Ngata

Rest in Pieces quarterbacks ;_;7

That was a good ass signing. They straight up stole him from the Broncos.