View Poll Results: Which team do you support?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona Cardinals

1 1.14%
  • Atlanta Falcons

2 2.27%
  • Baltimore Ravens

3 3.41%
  • Buffalo Bills

1 1.14%
  • Carolina Panthers

3 3.41%
  • Chicago Bears

6 6.82%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

1 1.14%
  • Cleveland Browns

0 0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

4 4.55%
  • Denver Broncos

3 3.41%
  • Detroit Lions

2 2.27%
  • Green Bay Packers

3 3.41%
  • Houston Texans

3 3.41%
  • Indianapolis Colts

6 6.82%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

0 0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

1 1.14%
  • Miami Dolphins

1 1.14%
  • Minnesota Vikings

4 4.55%
  • New England Patriots

11 12.50%
  • New Orleans Saints

2 2.27%
  • New York Jets

3 3.41%
  • New York Giants

5 5.68%
  • Oakland Raiders

1 1.14%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

0 0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

6 6.82%
  • San Diego Chargers

3 3.41%
  • San Francisco 49ers

2 2.27%
  • Seattle Seahawks

2 2.27%
  • St. Louis Rams

2 2.27%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4 4.55%
  • Tennessee Titans

0 0%
  • Washington Redskins

3 3.41%
Page 116 of 122 FirstFirst ... 166691106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2437

Thread: 2012 NFL Season Thread

Default Re: 2012 NFL Season Thread

When are the browns going to change their look. The nostalgia kinda wears off after the brown and orange burns your eyes.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I always say that the Browns have the worst logo in all of sports. It blinds me with it's creativity.

Is the NFL draft here yet?

Two months.

Free Agency in 28 days.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

The Bills just provided two upgrades that will probably come cheap. The Colts need to jump on the Safety and the Corner.

Would be nice to take another player away from Green Bay in Greg Jennings, hope the Vikings outbid Miami because I think he would go their if the offer was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    The Bills just provided two upgrades that will probably come cheap. The Colts need to jump on the Safety and the Corner.

You're corners must SUCK is Terrance McGee is considered an upgrade.

The man had 8 tackles last year. He's done, done. He's finished the season on IR the past 5 seasons and he's never been a great corner, his best skill was always returning kicks and he can't do that anymore.

Wilson is just shot, last year he was completely lost and dropped 2 interceptions that would have won the Bills those two games. Not to mention he really doesn't cover well, if he doesn't hit you with that big play, he gets burned a lot.

He's just done, pure and simple. Both of them are.

Not only do we need corners and safeties (getting Jairus Byrd would be a plus) but we need wide recievers too.50 passes were dropped by the colts. The most of any nfl team.

Anyone else irked that people are (again) raising a fuss over Washington's nickname?

It's understandable to question why the franchise still holds onto a derogatory mascot, then again, where was all the hoopla over the name while the team was losing? While they were in the dumps, it's easy to see the name as water under the bridge, a necessary evil; when they're winning however, the topic of 'name change' pops up on the radars of all those who are PC, even in passing. It's a profane, racially insensitive slur that insults a segment of the American population, let's not forget though, that when the team was moved from Boston to Washington in 1937, it was owned by a man with known racist tendencies, inferring a racist nickname on the team that's stuck ever since. While culturally insensitive, the nickname has been imbued with generations of football-loving fans around the D.C. metro area (myself included) who have and always will know them as the 'Redskins'. Unlike many purists, who shy off any hint of change, I'm still young enough to think a name change isn't entirely a terrible thing, because while a name like 'Warriors' or 'Braves' may not be as appealing, it might help the franchise distance themselves from any critical judgments in the future if they kept their current name. Let's not forget that the team was called the 'Braves' while in Boston, so they could say it was a return to their origins.

Keep it or change it, my feelings towards the matter aren't as deep as others, since they'll always be the Redskins to me regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    Not only do we need corners and safeties (getting Jairus Byrd would be a plus) but we need wide recievers too.50 passes were dropped by the colts. The most of any nfl team.
    Byrd isn't leaving Buffalo. He's not. We're cutting ties with all these old guy because we need cap room, they're old and can't play anymore, and because we're freeing up cap to resign Byrd and Levitre. Even if we can't work out a deal with Byrd he's going to be tagged. He's playing for Buffalo next season.

We will not let Byrd walk.

Leodis McKelvin is the only player we're most likely letting leave that's got anything left on his tires.

But Wilson and McGee are flat out done. Wilson you might be able to squeeze a bit from, but he's never been a good cover guy. McGee just can't stay healthy, he's a vastly inferior Bob Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    Byrd isn't leaving Buffalo. He's not. We're cutting ties with all these old guy because we need cap room, they're old and can't play anymore, and because we're freeing up cap to resign Byrd and Levitre. Even if we can't work out a deal with Byrd he's going to be tagged. He's playing for Buffalo next season.

We will not let Byrd walk.

Leodis McKelvin is the only player we're most likely letting leave that's got anything left on his tires.

But Wilson and McGee are flat out done. Wilson you might be able to squeeze a bit from, but he's never been a good cover guy. McGee just can't stay healthy, he's a vastly inferior Bob Sanders.
    I was reminiscing about Sanders the other day. What a great and ferocious player he was, it's sad to see players with heart like that unable to play because their body gives up on them.

Anything is an upgrade fo the Colts secondary outside of Vontae Davis. Cassius Vaughn was rated as the worst starting CB in the league. Darius Butler was okay, he could conceivably stay in the nickel but we absolutely need another starting press man cover corner, a big physical guy just like Vontae is. Then we need a SS too, Bethea should be fine for a few more years at FS. We need pass rushers also, Freeney is halfway out the door right now, so the Ravens winning the SB works out for us pretty well. Now Flacco gets Drew Brees money and the Ravens cant afford to resign anybody but Ellerbe. Paul Kruger here we come! Ed Reed you can come too, but only for a two year deal.

Well to be fair, Kruger was leaving no matter what they sign Flacco too, he wants big money and a starting role, and one T-suggs is back 100% he won't have that in B-more.

And yeah I feel that same way about McGee, the man was the best KR in the NFL from 04-07 and was a damn good starting CB and our best leader. But he could just never stay healthy, unlike Bob Sanders it wasn't because of how ferocious he played, but simply that one leg injury piled on top of another and he was never the same after. Really is a shame, always loved watching him and Bob Sanders play.

And well then I'd make a play for Wilson, he might surprise you and me and actually go back to his 2010 form, but be warned, if the Colts sign him he WILL get burned big over the middle when going for a big play. It's just how he plays and in 2010 he made up for it by making big plays. But in 2011 saying he was a liability is an understatement. He was directly the reason we lost 4 games, and could have won 2 of them by just catching an INT that hit him square in the hands.

In other news, Bills resigned veteran back-up QB Tavaris Jackson.

Dwight Freeney and Charles Woodson on the market. Who will sign them?

Freeney has some tread left on the tires as a PRS in a 4-3, Woodson should just call it quits and wait his 5 years before headed to Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    Freeney has some tread left on the tires as a PRS in a 4-3, Woodson should just call it quits and wait his 5 years before headed to Canton.
    Dont expect Freeney to be the monster he once was, but he effected alot of plays this year, more than his stats tell. He would probably excel as a rotational pass rusher for a 4-3 that plays in a dome on turf. Atlanta.

I don't expect him to be near what he used to be, but I do think that there is still SOME talent left. And no matter where he goes, he's going as more of a locker room leader and basically a player coach, more than anything.

But it has to be in the right situation.

I think the Vikings will either trade Harvin for a first round pick or let him walk, dont pay him the money he demands, probably cant afford it. Now I'm leaning towards the Vikes getting Keenan Allen instead of a DT like I wanted before. Keenan would help the Vikes as he is a do it all WR, seems like he has a ton of upside. Grabbing Jennings in the offseason would be awsome if it can be pulled off too.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    I think the Vikings will either trade Harvin for a first round pick or let him walk, dont pay him the money he demands, probably cant afford it. Now I'm leaning towards the Vikes getting Keenan Allen instead of a DT like I wanted before. Keenan would help the Vikes as he is a do it all WR, seems like he has a ton of upside. Grabbing Jennings in the offseason would be awsome if it can be pulled off too.
    Who in their right mind would trade a 1st rounder for Percy Harvin.. anytime I hear his name it's usually because he is on the injury list. Yeah he is an electric player but he is oft injured.

Vikings would also be retards if they traded him for anything less, think of what he could be on a team that could pass the ball and had an actual #1 reciever. He's not even on the top of his game. He's all worth a 1st round pick.
    Last edited by jukeness; February 21, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

For 7 weeks last year, he was the most dynamic player in the NFL. I don't care who you are, you CAN'T teach the sheer gifts this kids got.

He's easily worth a first round pick.