Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Default Re: Battlefield 4

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    Indeed, Battlefield 3 is super realistic. I remember talking to some Iraq War Veterans who had taken 2 .50 Caliber shots to the head and only lost 75% health.
    I am an Iraq War veteran. I didn't say BF3 was super realistic, I said it was the most realistic. I would like to see the damage increased, but I understand why it is the way it is.

I much prefer the color grading in BF3 than in that alternative version tbh. Also, I can't say I understand the fuzz about the coloring in BF3. The only gripe I have is the sun which sometimes gets in the way, other than that, it's fine. And people screaming about "the blue tint" really needs to grow up, talk about blowing up a problem that's not even a problem...

Also, sound in BF3=Godlike. I love when there's like a BIG bang somewhere in the area, that just pushes all other sounds away, making it eerily quiet for a few seconds, before the guns start to come back with their racket.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I much prefer the color grading in BF3 than in that alternative version tbh. Also, I can't say I understand the fuzz about the coloring in BF3. The only gripe I have is the sun which sometimes gets in the way, other than that, it's fine. And people screaming about "the blue tint" really needs to grow up, talk about blowing up a problem that's not even a problem...
    the alternative version is done by fans, not professionals, it's not perfect and some things are over-saturated. they also aren't able to adjust the lighting already in the game to fit the color grading which is something DICE can do.

sorry but the color grading in this game is a problem for me especially since i have to strain my eyes in many areas because anything that's under a shadow turns nearly pitch black. way way too much contrast and lack of color.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by -=PHX=-Hades View Post
    I am an Iraq War veteran. I didn't say BF3 was super realistic, I said it was the most realistic. I would like to see the damage increased, but I understand why it is the way it is.
    Aye, but even then you'd be wrong, when talking about games like ArmA II or even Operation Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    Aye, but even then you'd be wrong, when talking about games like ArmA II or even Operation Flashpoint.
    Both good games. And both realistic, but not as much as BF3. IMO

Hm! Interesting. Pray tell how you think BF3 is more realistic. I don't mean to say that you are wrong (I have never been in war so I sure as hell won't be able to tell) but do you mean on a visual plane or through game mechanics? I imagine it's the visuals that you regard with more realism.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Arma II not as realistic as BF3? Are you freakin kidding me?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Comes Domesticorum

I think the only thing which BF3 might get more realistic would be the look and feel of things, rather than the actual way things work. I mean, I bought the G3A3 unlock simply because that's the rifle I used in the army and they got its actions, sound, and oomph spot on.

That seriously hurt my eyes.

Yeah, I bet you're an Iraq War veteran
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Hm! Interesting. Pray tell how you think BF3 is more realistic. I don't mean to say that you are wrong (I have never been in war so I sure as hell won't be able to tell) but do you mean on a visual plane or through game mechanics? I imagine it's the visuals that you regard with more realism.
    The visuals are part of it yes. A big part would be the sound. The sounds in BF3 are basically perfect. A firefight in BF3 would sound exactly like a real one (except a real one would be a lot louder obviously). The suppression feature is another part of that.

The only thing that's REALLY off is the damage of the weapons, but like I said, I understand why they have it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    That seriously hurt my eyes.

Yeah, I bet you're an Iraq War veteran
    Yeah, I am. I don't know why that's hard to believe, there's hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of us.

The visuals are part of it yes. A big part would be the sound. The sounds in BF3 are basically perfect. A firefight in BF3 would sound exactly like a real one (except a real one would be a lot louder obviously). The suppression feature is another part of that.

The only thing that's REALLY off is the damage of the weapons, but like I said, I understand why they have it like that

I understand your point now, but realism in my book = gameplay, not graphics and sounds.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Is it bad that I don't want to by this because it is from EA?
    Neither game has perma-death=not real.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

I had no idea that a real life soldier could take multiple shots and have 100% accuracy with no sway or anything else. BF3 is realistic? Lol.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    I had no idea that a real life soldier could take multiple shots and have 100% accuracy with no sway or anything else. BF3 is realistic? Lol.
    Where have you been?
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

That first link is clearly pretty old...the text is, at least.

I for one am looking forward to the singleplayer this time as well, I found the BF3 campaign fun. (particularly the Thunder Run with tanks)

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Comes Domesticorum

I thought it was quite terrible, lol.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

They can just scrap the singleplayer for all I care, saves resources that are better spend on nice multiplayer maps.

It's probably going to have BF4 Premium as well, so expect a lot of DLC content with good MP maps.