Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Default Re: Battlefield 4

Yeah if customisation and UI are your two main selling points I'm not buying it

I would say that how you receive your information is extremely important in a fps game, so the UI is important and way way better if you can actually customize it to your sensibilities.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Anyone still playing BF4?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Probably not. I actually recently picked it up for a few bucks at Gamestop just to beat the singleplayer campaign.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Probably not. I actually recently picked it up for a few bucks at Gamestop just to beat the singleplayer campaign.
    Why would you throw away your money and time for that?

Blog Entries

Because I find single player games to be infinitely more enjoyable than the repetitive multiplayer that publishers like EA and Activision keep pumping out every year with only a new coat of paint and maybe a slightly different mechanic, especially for only the cost of five bucks.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I might pick it up for a couple bucks too for the SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Because I find single player games to be infinitely more enjoyable than the repetitive multiplayer that publishers like EA and Activision keep pumping out every year with only a new coat of paint and maybe a slightly different mechanic, especially for only the cost of five bucks.
    Battlefield multiplayer repetitive? And BF single player not repetitive ? Are you being serious?

CoD and Assassin's Creed's writing are Tolkien, Virginia Wolf and Dostojevsky compared to Battlefield, and the gameplay... dear god....

Blog Entries

Do you really care that much about how I spent my money? It was an enjoyable campaign where I can just turn my brain off and kill endless waves of NPCs.

At least I had the good sense to wait until it was five dollars and not preorder it and all its DLC for 90+

All right...

I finally had the chance to play Battlefield 4 properly. I made an update to my video drivers, cleaned out some useless software and somehow the laptop fan turned into overdrive, keeping my laptop nowadays cool at all times.

In essence, it runs relatively smoothly, on low-to-mid settings, but it's decent enough to make it playable and somewhat enjoyable. What I'm really liking so far is the fact that the customisation levels are absolutely massive and that's really really impressive. Some maps are a lot of fun, some remind you of BF3 battles, but that's not a bad thing. BF3 is one of my favourite games in fact. Multiplayer is a blast - and customisation is awesome - and so far yeah, big thumbs up.

I'm a bit late to the party but it took some 2016 drivers to make the game work for me at least decently.

That being said, I do prefer the BF3 campaign.

(It also helped that all BF4 DLC were free to add to your library this weekend!

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Battlefield 4 is a really great game, and I find it extremely enjoyable in short bursts. It runs really well too, not anything like release. They are moving on to BF1, though. I've heard a lot of servers are apparently shutting down. I still play it every couple months for a bit until I get burnt out. Recently started playing it a bit again since all the DLC are free.

PC is always full, so that's not a problem at least not for the moment. A lot of people are playing BF4 in anticipation of BF1.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I don't reckon its worth making a new thread just for this, so may as well revive this thread.

The "They Shall Not Pass" DLC for Battlefield 1 is free if you pick it up in the next two weeks.

And with the new Battlefield shaping up to be on air on the 23rd of May...

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Battlefield 4 can be bought with BF1 and hardline with all dlc for £15.99 until saturday

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...TTLEFIELDANNIV
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Also - you can earn BF V rewards by playing BF4 / BF1.

Blog Entries

Here if anyone wants to play BF4/1/V with me on PS4, my psn name’s on my profile.
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Battlefield 4 can be bought with BF1 and hardline with all dlc for £15.99 until saturday

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0006-CUSA02387_00-BATTLEFIELDANNIV
    Wow this is actually still up, PC users gotta pay a lot more now

Blog Entries

Actually it was up for ‘Days of play’ back in june, and then they beought it back in August for the summer sale