Page 9 of 597 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109509 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Announcements

Otherworldly

Last time we talked about pushing the engine and breaking that common skeleton that every faction has been bound to. The River Zoras will be breaking the mold with their unique raiding focus and recruiting units from rivers rather than cities. The Stalfos will be raising their new soldiers from the dead after a victorious battle rather then training them like everyone else. This leads us to the next faction that will break the mold: The Forces of Twilight.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Nice Palace of Twilight settlement ya got there. Too bad it's just a single Custom Battle Map.

The descendants of the infamous Interlopers are known as the Twili and have grown in an alien environment for generations. They have been for the most part completely separated from Hyrule in their own little alien world. That is why when you start a game as the Forces of Twilight, you'll begin the game in the Realm of Twilight and not in Hyrule.

"Did he just say the Realm of Twilight is in the campaign?"

"Oh he did..."

The Realm of Twilight is a rugged and hostile place. It's certainly full of wondrous creatures and plants, but in terms of natural resources it's a barren wasteland. That's why you'll need to expand into a world full of resources to harvest. So then, how will the denizens of this alien world get to Hyrule? First off, you'll need to construct a Mirror of Twilight.

Which will appear near the city it was constructed in, like so:

Two of these structures are required to operate: One in the Realm of Twilight and one in Hyrule. One already exists at the Arbiter Grounds, so when you have an army ready you'll need to build one on your end. When the gate is up and operational you'll need to move your armies into it.

Last call for a one way trip to Hyrule for a General and four battalions of soldiers!

At the end of the turn, they'll be instantly teleported to the other gate in Hyrule or vice versa. Unless you control both settlements that have the gates however, the trip is only one way. So you'll need to take control of the Arbiter Grounds as soon possible to create a highway between the two words for your armies.

What the hell were we thinking? The weather here sucks!

This gives the Twili a very nice defendable "home base" area which is really important since they cannot train or build anything in Hyrule other then resource generating structures like mines. You'll only be able to get new troops in your homeland. This also makes defending Mirror Gates very important as the inhabitants of Hyrule could decide to destroy all the gates and permanently seal you off from the world... or worse invade your homeland by storm and exterminate you.

With the possibility for the game to take place on multiple worlds we can also expect other locals outside of the mainland Hyrule to make an appearance such as the underworld of Subrosia, a cavernous expanse of resources to plunder:

Who knows what riches hide in the Mines of Mori... I mean Subrosia...

Stay tuned to find out what new features the Kingdom of Ikana and the Wizzrobe will be bringing to the table, and feel free to propose any creative and insane idea for their gameplay in the meantime. It just might be possible...
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; November 06, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@UndyingNephalim

Yes! Mirror teleportation! One question about the mirror gate. If it is a "general" does that mean it can be assassinated or turn rogue? Also, nice UI for the Twili. Can we expect to use that in-game?

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Innovative as usual Neph, props to you, can't wait to see what you have planned for the others.

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Yes! Mirror teleportation! One question about the mirror gate. If it is a "general" does that mean it can be assassinated or turn rogue?
    The Mirrors actually delete themselves just after being moved to the target destination during the Twili End of Turn process. That way the mirror is gone when the next faction begins their turn so they can't attack it. The Mirror is then respawned at the start of the next turn. The only real odd side effect is that you can't see any gates that are controlled by another player since they only appear on their turn. Considering how frustrating it was to get the whole system to work I think it's a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Can we expect to use that in-game?
    Yes the Twili UI will appear for them since they actually have a culture not shared by other factions. The Stalfos probably will too, but that will cost Ikana and the Sheikah a UI until Azog magically appears from the void he vanished into.

Could reconstructing Stone Tower as Ikana be a thing? If it were, I imagine it would take a mountain of resources, time and manpower (you have to assume that half the workforce dies to accidents), and at the end of it all, part of the mountains is converted into an absolutely gigantic structure that lets you look across the entire world.

It's so easy being an idea guy. All you have to do is come up with that's hard to make.

If the mirror is a unit, how are the hyrulean races are suppoused to invade the realm of twilight?
    Will the AI know how to use the mirror propperly?

But still really, really awesome, when will we see tham in the campaign?
    Last edited by Drachenfan; November 06, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

That is so awesome Neph. Props to you.

Magnificent! This is everything I could have hoped for concerning the Twili AND Subrosia... I don't even care about the invisible gate bug, it's perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing that kinda bothers me... the Palace of Twilight didn't really look anything like the Dark World Pyramid.

So, I assume there is a way to convert away from Majora Worship and over to Goddess Worship?

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Neph, yet again you amaze me. If it was possible to give you more rep from me I would.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

*bows in awe of Neph's greatness*

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    So, I assume there is a way to convert away from Majora Worship and over to Goddess Worship?
    I shall spread Majoras will all across Hyrule!

also yes i think something involving the ancient castle and stone tower would be amazing to have with Ikana, if Ikana are gonna be playable then they'll definitely be my faction of choice! I fell in love with ikana canyon when i set foot in it in majoras mask such an eerie dead place with a sense of grand history, a lost civilisation that is doomed to never lay in rest.

PS: will the AI use the mirrors effectively?
    Last edited by nintendo64isking; November 06, 2012 at 03:06 PM.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    I shall spread Majoras will all across Hyrule!
    I shall stop you!
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    I shall stop you!

You have my sword!

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    You have my sword!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

One does not simply threaten Majora......

oh and Neph is your avatar indicative of what the rito will look like?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    oh and Neph is your avatar indicative of what the rito will look like?
    My avatar is from Sigma: http://sigma.wikia.com/wiki/Malzazta

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Zectorman View Post
    And my bow.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Oi! I'm coming too! You'd have to tie me up in a sack to stop me! You need people of intelligence on this mission... Quest... Thing.