Page 5 of 597 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105505 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Announcements

@Duke Serkol

You have been ninja'd by an edit.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Neph I have noticed that only a select few factions will have access to diplomat agents- how will the absence of diplomats in the majority of factions be overcome, what do you intend to use to enter talks with other factions?
    I shall consume... consume everything

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    Neph I have noticed that only a select few factions will have access to diplomat agents- how will the absence of diplomats in the majority of factions be overcome, what do you intend to use to enter talks with other factions?
    Some factions will share agents.

For instance the Hylians, Zora, and Lanayru will get access to Ordonian Merchants, while the Kokiri can get Business Scrubs. The catch is that factions of different races have more prerequisites for those agents. As an example the Kingdom of Hyrule can train Hylian diplomats right away, where's the Ordonians need to build a Hylian Embassy to train them. Likewise you can't train Business Scrubs as the Kokiri until you have the valuable markets set up that would draw their attention in the first place.

In regards to Diplomats I've sort of made it so factions that are more likely to be diplomatic have access to them earlier, where's more war like factions such as the Lizalfos has a harder time obtaining them. It will hopefully encourage certain playstyles for different factions (It helps for the AI too). So far there are only three Diplomats in the game (Hylian, Zora, and Zuna) because I picture those factions being the most diplomatic (even if diplomatic to them means barely tolerating those that are different )

ah that seems like an interesting solution, so I take it that the gohma and moblins wont be able to set up alliances in the early stages of the game, I like the idea of keeping things different for different factions, I hope to compensate that the moblins or gohma will be able to muster up bigger/stronger armies earlier on in the campaign

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

The Rivers of Hyrule will swell with blood...

The next update is almost here, that much I can say. So what new things will be in it? A lot, to put it simply, but I'm certain something more specific would be nice. Enter a new faction: the River Zoras, or more mockingly known by the other races of Hyrule as the Zolas.

This faction will be playable in both the campaign and in custom battles, and will boast a gameplay style radically different from other races. Let's take a look at some of their most distinguishing traits.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What? No starting Settlements?! What's the Deal?

The River Zoras do not start out with any settlements: these feral beasts do not build cities. River Zoras pillage cities and steal their wealth. Starting a campaign as the River Zoras will give you a handful of units spread across the various waterways of Hyrule.
    Yeah, I'll just go take over a city here and then I can start pumping out some buildings!

With such a weak spread out force, you'll want to get your soldiers together and pillage your first city. Once you've captured a city, you'll notice that there's no buildings you can build, only units to train.

WHAT? I can't build any buildings?! This faction is lame!!!

This is because the River Zoras do not build. They pillage, steal, loot, and take what they need. When you capture a city, you feed off of its resources and send the extra back to the Zola leaders that dwell in Hyrule's rivers. This is reflected in how new units are recruited.

My units spawn way over at that river? I need to rethink this game... and my life...

You'll notice when you train new units as the River Zoras, they do not spawn in the settlement where they were purchased. They'll spawn along the nearest river or waterway instead.

Capturing larger cities will let you summon larger quantities of units with its resources, and accomplishing goals and missions will attract more types of River Zoras from across Hyrule to your cause (thus unlocking better units). The River Zoras will be the first example of a non traditional faction in the campaign. Others will be released further down the road in later releases, such as the Stalfos and their method of raising the dead to recruit new units.

For more details about the River Zora units, see their faction details thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=553255

Sweet!

New and innovative, impressive Neph. And awesome looking River Zora.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

O ma gerd! But seriously, this is quite an update. I can only imagine how much effort was put into creating such a different playing faction. It looks flippin sweet as well!

Sounds like a whole new playstyle, so glad you decided to put them into the capaign as a playable race!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Magnificent!

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Just when I thought you ran out of ways to impress me.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

I hope the next release isn't that far away almost finished my current campaign and am reluctant to start the next :p

superb thinking Neph, I love how much you've innovated the medieval 2 engine, so could this mean that the Stalfos will be playable in a future update as well, because they too wont use buildings (which you were running out of slots for) am I right?

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Amazing job neph. Have some Rep
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

GLORIOUS ALL HAIL NEPH AND THE ZOLAS!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Did anyone else spot the islands down on the minimap, and the land up north?

Edit: Also, the unit pics are up in the River Zora's thread.
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; September 14, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Epic new faction!!

wait........does this mean there's a new faction slot open for a new faction?
    Droma: :Rosa

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

There are still two left over, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    There are still two left over, yes.

I love you so much right now for saying that.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

isn't there only one left?

there are:

1) Hylians
    2) Gerudo
    3) Gorons
    4) Zora
    5) Kokiri
    6) Gohma
    7) Lanayru
    8) Ordona
    9) Deku
    10) Moblins
    11) Sheikah
    12) Stalfos
    13) Lizalfos
    14) Darknuts
    15) Labrynna
    16) Fairies
    17) Zola
    18) Wizzrobe
    19) Twili
    20) Ikana
    21) Oocca
    22) Majora
    23) Subrosia
    24) Huskus
    25) Tokay
    26) Horon
    27) Zuna

add two,

28) Rebels
    29) heros

and that leaves......two slots left? how did that happen? Well, I'm not complaining.
    Droma: :Rosa