Page 37 of 597 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546476287137537 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Senator

Default Re: Announcements

What a great solution. I must say that it's almost as good as the original idea.

Seems to be more of an addition. We'll be able to resurrect our fallen foes to serve us, the Necromancer just means that we'll have even more.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Uh, so how does this work? I take it the troops you get (both their kind and number) will still be tied to the enemies killed in the last battle, right? So the difference is... that regardless of where the battle took place they spawn next to the necromancer (or even directly under his command)?
    And what if there's more than one? (You did say it's only rare... or were you doing flavor text and it's actually not possible?)

Anyway, sounds like a good fix. I just hope the next release won't immediately be followed by posts complaining that the necromancer turned rebel

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Uh, so how does this work? I take it the troops you get (both their kind and number) will still be tied to the enemies killed in the last battle, right?
    Yes
    So the difference is... that regardless of where the battle took place they spawn next to the necromancer (or even directly under his command)?
    Yup
    And what if there's more than one? (You did say it's only rare... or were you doing flavor text and it's actually not possible?)
    It is possible for there to be more then one. Corpses are shipped to the nearest.
    I just hope the next release won't immediately be followed by posts complaining that the necromancer turned rebel
    Oh don't worry something will manage to ruin it until I fix it again.

Very good, as said a quick and efficient fix.

...here's hoping nothing goes wrong then

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Great idea. I agree with the assassin issue though (although I my experience I've only caught a few spies, never seen AI controlled assassins or caught one). To add on to the assassin problem will generals spawn more quickly if some die or somehting in the next update? Although I by no means think we should have 30 generals running around, assassins can sadly tear down a faction (heroes aside you only get 3 or 4 generals in first 50 turns or so). Just my two-sense though . Again, great idea, I'll enjoy it.

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    I agree with the assassin issue though
    Yes, the Necromancers should definitely be assassination proof. A justification could be that since they are what they are, it takes something less than subtle to off them.

will generals spawn more quickly if some die or somehting in the next update? Although I by no means think we should have 30 generals running around, assassins can sadly tear down a faction (heroes aside you only get 3 or 4 generals in first 50 turns or so).
    Good thinking. One of my biggest issues with the mod as it currently is would be that a faction can be left with little to no generals, which feels extremely unrealistic since, in a real life situation, should a nation find itself with too few generals they'd just promoto a bunch of people (this may be a fantasy setting, but I would addume generals are still people with recognized skill, and not created through the imbution of, oh so rare, gold Force gems )

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

great!!

So thought occurred, if the necromancer for some reason feels unloyal and gets bribed to the the other side ( highly unlikely but. ) would't the said faction (if not morally opposed) be able to collect and raise undead armies? ( I am thinking those who worship majora would have no qualms raising battle dead).

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TatlTael View Post
    So thought occurred, if the necromancer for some reason feels unloyal and gets bribed to the the other side ( highly unlikely but. ) would't the said faction (if not morally opposed) be able to collect and raise undead armies? ( I am thinking those who worship majora would have no qualms raising battle dead).
    Actually based on the script I made this is exactly what would happen if a Necromancer was bribed and switched sides. Granted the Stalfos that were risen would have missing textures since they are not supposed to be switching sides.

Good idea with the necomancers now the armies of dead will swipe aside the current civilization and turn HYrule into the new undead kingdom MUUHHHHHHHH

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Just more and more building up for an amazing future update.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Neph will you add link in the next update? (yes I know you will add him at some point just wondering if it will be soon) and I have another question, in third age you can't upgrade settlements (if you can it takes for EVER) and I think this is because the mod maker doesn't want custom settlements to be ruined so my question is when you get custom settlements to work will we still be able to upgrade are settlements? at least the non-costumed ones? Also in third age there is books inside of settlements that tell you about the region and I think that would be awesome if you added them to. I would appreciate it very much if you reply and thanks for reading.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

I think npcs join you to easily, i'm playing as Hyrule and almost as soon as I allied with the zuna and Horon they joined me

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    I think npcs join you to easily, i'm playing as Hyrule and almost as soon as I allied with the zuna and Horon they joined me
    They get absorbed into your faction the turn after you've created an alliance with them.

They get absorbed into your faction the turn after you've created an alliance with them.
    I reckon they should be your allies for many turns before they join you, otherwise its too easy to gain territory
    I shall consume... consume everything

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    I reckon they should be your allies for many turns before they join you, otherwise its too easy to gain territory
    It it supposed to take quite some time for them to join you but it's currently bugged at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    Also in third age there is books inside of settlements that tell you about the region and I think that would be awesome if you added them to.
    That was easy to do for the Third Age because there is so much material on Middle Earth like many many books, that go into detail of the various regions, settlements, races, and history. For Zelda I can only think of one book, The Hyrule Historia, and the games which aren't very consistent, detailed, and change with each game. This would make the book idea difficult.

Well then... unless I'm mistaken, that leaves only one faction to still be officially unveiled.

Looking forward to that!