Page 35 of 597 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344456085135535 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Default Re: Announcements

I like this one, too. How long till we can play it on our own?
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

All looking awesome. With the spirit temple, are archers available to shoot from one inside bit to an adjacent one due to no ceiling?

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Amazing Neph!!!!!!! I'm blown away!!! all problems, barriers, and limitations must fall before the great nephilim! one thing that would be cool to see is a video showcase of the temple, to get a fuller sense of the design. It's just soooo epic!!! omg, must play there..........
    Droma: :Rosa

awesome design, on the final version do you intend texture those currently black areas between the rooms?
    I shall consume... consume everything

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut00 View Post
    All looking awesome. With the spirit temple, are archers available to shoot from one inside bit to an adjacent one due to no ceiling?
    There is collision between rooms so they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    awesome design, on the final version do you intend texture those currently black areas between the rooms?
    I'm contemplating adding a second floor. The black area was supposed to simulate the area above being cut out since it looked kind of silly with giant rock cliffs jutting out in between rooms. Not to mention they got in the way of the camera when zoomed out. It was mostly for the sake of the camera since for whatever reason the game's camera likes to completely break when there are a lot of vertical things going on.

getting from a hamlet to a city would take a fair amount of time however
    Dont' worry, I've got help!

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Spirit Temple.
    Always amazing to see you pull off indoor areas Neph!

I can't seem to get interior lighting to work.
    I see the problem... it does look way too bleak (have you considered making the walls inside the same orange as those outside? Or is that already the case and it's just so dark it's hard to tell?)

It would be great if you could get the torches that troops carry around at niughttime to show up on the walls regardless of the hour.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; March 10, 2013 at 07:26 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This looks great, Neph. You can ask about the lights in the iwte thread. I know it is possible to add torches.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Awesome! Does this mean we can hope to see more custom temples or at least having them on the side in custom settlements? Either way I'm suprised you can get it to work in the narrow passages without the camera messing up, amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    Awesome! Does this mean we can hope to see more custom temples or at least having them on the side in custom settlements? Either way I'm suprised you can get it to work in the narrow passages without the camera messing up, amazing work!
    I agree, well don Neph. Does this also mean that Ruins with Excavation Sites, will have a dungeon Map for Battle?

Libertus

wow, excellent work!, then will be "in-battle" castles 100% functional in non-custom cities?

sorry for my english

Magnificent. Best of luck with the interior lighting.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

The Tarm Ruins

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Likely created by the mysterious and ancient Wind Tribe, the already mystical monument has been inherited by the even more enigmatic Fairies of Tarm. Coming from a lineage of arguably the two most magical races in Hyrule, that feeling of extreme mysticism was what I was going for here. Otherworldly fog, fallen structures, and an array of toppled pillars and walls all went to together to build up a mystery. What could the Tarm Ruins have been? What have the Fairies done to the place since they arrived? Is it some monument housing ancient and unseen powers? Is is simply a long abandoned department store that the Wind Tribe built? Who knows.

In terms of layout the Tarm Ruins are essentially a maze of pillars and walls surrounding the ruined entrances to a long forgotten world. There is not much high ground, but the layout and ability to unleash arrows (or in the case of Fairies pink blasts of burning doom) through the pillars of walls allows ranged units to wreak havoc on melee troopers who often have to navigate around large stretches of walls. Because of the fog native to the level, this setup will hopefully lead to a bunch of "where are those ranged attacks coming from?" situations, adding to the Fairies' aura of superior magic.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Fairies might be the unit I have the least exposure to, and yet this makes me very curious - a fairy campaign may take place after the next update!
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

I love the openness and the arches a very intriguing design! Am i to assume that X on the ground is just one of four shapes on the ground based off of the ones in OOS? IF so that's cool
    Last edited by nintendo64isking; March 15, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool preview, Neph!

I really do love the immersive imagery you're creating for us.

There is not much high ground
    Uh, that's curious considering that you had to climb up to a considerable height in Seasons... but it doesn't matter, although I would have imagined to see some ore yellow here and there, the bottom line is:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Am i to assume that X on the ground is just one of four shapes on the ground based off of the ones in OOS?
    Nice eye catching that. I'm sure it is exactly the case.

A wonderful home for the fairies, I can't wait to play them when they're fixed

If i had paypal all I could do would message your dA or pm you here saying
    Shut up and take my rupe- I mean Shut up and take my money!