Page 595 of 597 FirstFirst ... 95495545570585586587588589590591592593594595596597 LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,900 of 11936

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Default Re: General Discussion, Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    I just have one main question: where will the new development updates be posted for Hyrule Conquest? The Discord is not very suited to updates, as it is a single chat thread and some FAQs, but nothing like this in terms of accessing information. Where should we look for our UN fix?
    Most updates (new models and new rosters) are currently posted on Discord. The big ones are also posted on the main 0AD forum here: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/inde...yrule-conquest
    REMEMBER THE WAX-WIND
    IT WILL FIND YOU
    I AM A CANDLE
    WIND WAX-WIND WAX-WIND WAX

Demos, of course, have no balance.

Still. I've seen Mass Castle Guards, Mass Glaive Grunts, and once mass Sand Snipers. Archers are kinda worthless, as the damage is low(Not helped by everyone being armoured to the teeth) and reload times are large. Cavalry isn't useful, as the spears crush them through 3x damage. Thus the only option is pumping more good spears. Hyrule's Kingdom Infantry and Knights eventually become a better or at least different option thanks to +5 armour, but it requires a Tier 3 of 3 upgrade.

I also feel a little concerned about the Gerudo AI seemingly not using the swine farms well(Or at all). They seem slow to upgrade at times. Then again, I wonder at the raw effectiveness of the swine farm in general. Strictly, it's 25 food for 125-175(Depending on upgrades). The issue is time.

I'm getting more and more annoyed at how big some buildings are given how little space you get to work with(Then again I've been playing mostly bog-standard Medium maps). It'll probably be easier once Hyrule's 'Build in neutral territory' is actually in place(Currently it isn't).

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    The short answer is time. I am insanely low on time, I can barely manage to work on one project at a time. My day job has become really intrusive and if I don't pump out content fast enough my patrons leave, which means more time at a day job and less on making content.
    I've had to put all my other projects like Star Fox Event Horizon and my original IP's all on halt because my time is basically gone just trying to finish one thing.
    I've tried to get other individuals to help work on the aspects I don't want to do, but no on is interested or has the necessary skill.
    If you rig the Great Sea or final roster units for HTW i will implement them for you. But would be nice if they don't get alot of new animations.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    Demos, of course, have no balance.

Still. I've seen Mass Castle Guards, Mass Glaive Grunts, and once mass Sand Snipers. Archers are kinda worthless, as the damage is low(Not helped by everyone being armoured to the teeth) and reload times are large. Cavalry isn't useful, as the spears crush them through 3x damage. Thus the only option is pumping more good spears. Hyrule's Kingdom Infantry and Knights eventually become a better or at least different option thanks to +5 armour, but it requires a Tier 3 of 3 upgrade.

I also feel a little concerned about the Gerudo AI seemingly not using the swine farms well(Or at all). They seem slow to upgrade at times. Then again, I wonder at the raw effectiveness of the swine farm in general. Strictly, it's 25 food for 125-175(Depending on upgrades). The issue is time.

I'm getting more and more annoyed at how big some buildings are given how little space you get to work with(Then again I've been playing mostly bog-standard Medium maps). It'll probably be easier once Hyrule's 'Build in neutral territory' is actually in place(Currently it isn't).
    EDIT: My response was too harsh. Regardless, there's only three maps in the game, Hyrule field, Gerudo Desert, and Death mountain. I suspect you must have installed it wrong if you're getting stuck on small 0AD maps.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; October 10, 2017 at 09:46 PM.

I don't think Bloody meant to imply that it was a failure because of the balance flaws he was pointing out (given that he prefaced his post with "Demos, of course, have no balance"). Rather, I read that as having been reported just-in-case it was useful.

(unless this is a continuation of a conversation from Discord or some other forum of course)

I'm not sure where your big time-sinks are currently in terms of development. Would it be fair to say that you have a large supply of took-a-long-time-to-make art assets that are pre-existing thanks to your work on HTW, and that your current plan is to import all of them into HConquest and then try to find a balance solution that uses as many of them as possible?

Heyo everyone, long time lurker here, just saying that the poor dude is trying to follow his dream of making a good Zelda story and that what ever media or engine it takes form in is irrelevant. I know that the Total War engine is the one that all of use grew on, but sadly, it is woefully outdated and is unable to let Neph tell his story, and that is the point of all of this. The gameplay is good and I enjoy it, no matter the platform, but as is taught in this very mod over and over again, clinging to the past is not healthy. M2 can not realistically accommodate the mod that Neph wants to create.

If this hasn't swayed you, then at least let the man finish porting the major factions over and he can show off a more complete demo. Until then, stop nagging him, he has stated his desire to never return to M2, and that is final. Bugging him will not work in your favor and will only ruin your cause. Be patient and wait to reserve judgement

EDIT: My response was too harsh. Regardless, there's only three maps in the game, Hyrule field, Gerudo Desert, and Death mountain. I suspect you must have installed it wrong if you're getting stuck on small 0AD maps.

I played those maps. Then vaguely moved into 0 AD maps(Since they are all still selectable via Map Type-Random in the match setup, then picking from the Select Map list, while in Hyrule Conquest), to see how they played there, also. It was a case of vaguely looking through options, going "Oh, let's try that." and going from there when it actually worked. I've been using 4-player maps with me and an ally vs 2 unteamed(All Medium), so I can vaguely learn what I'm doing. I like RTS, but am not great at them. So it's nice to have a friend, AI or not.

The space issue is still a factor, given the tightness of Death Mountain as a Hyrule Conquest example(Good luck putting a Gerudo Tourney Fields down in there-the thing's huge. Even on Hyrule Field it's a concern.). That could perhaps be seen as 'a strategic concern to be aware of' and thus 'not a problem'. But you want those Tourney Fields if you decide to go with cavalry, so it 'possibly is a concern'.

This is the only place I can give any feedback at all. All I want is to give feedback, not be hostile. Perhaps I was a little too curt?

Two things now that I think of them:
    1. I'm not entirely sure the Desert Haven heal aura of the Gerudo Oasis and Gerudo Palace actually works. I've left wounded units next to them for ages and never seen them heal a single HP. I could, however, be missing something obvious.

2. While the Desert Haven aura range is fine for the Gerudo Oasis, stretching a decent distance from it, it is very poor for the Gerudo Palace, barely reaching outside of it.
    Last edited by Bloodly; October 11, 2017 at 07:25 AM.

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

Desert Haven only applies to units garrisoned within the palace/oasis (if you're talking about Riju's tech, which due to a text error says dodge chance instead of healing)
    Other than that, I do believe the Gerudo aren't supposed to have healing (one of the reasons Riju is the best Gerudo hero)

As for what was going on, California is burning. Shortness, while unfortunate, is at least understandable. Plus, most of the people who make suggestion comments like yours are being hostile, so he is unfortunately (but justifiably) suspicious of those kind of comments.

What I would like to see in terms of balancing is no balancing. All units have the stats that their description would demand (instead of the template stats they have now), and only at the end when everything is in are the stats modified to make it more fair
    Last edited by LordWahu; October 11, 2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordWahu View Post
    Desert Haven only applies to units garrisoned within the palace/oasis (if you're talking about Riju's tech, which due to a text error says dodge chance instead of healing)
    Other than that, I do believe the Gerudo aren't supposed to have healing (one of the reasons Riju is the best Gerudo hero)

As for what was going on, California is burning. Shortness, while unfortunate, is at least understandable. Plus, most of the people who make suggestion comments like yours are being hostile, so he is unfortunately (but justifiably) suspicious of those kind of comments.

What I would like to see in terms of balancing is no balancing. All units have the stats that their description would demand (instead of the template stats they have now), and only at the end when everything is in are the stats modified to make it more fair
    I think a certain level of Balancing is needed. Even before all the units are put in game. But just enough to fix any great problems. Like if a cheep Mage unit by it's self can solo an intire army of an other faction with eas. and commenly does it. then a quick balance pass maybe needed to Bring that unit down a peg just so the game is Playable with no Out right Problems. It doesn't have to be a Good balance pass. Just one to "Hammer down any nails Sticking up" in Balance that are Causing real Problems.
    I do agree the great Majority and work of balance would probably be best once all units are in game. Because then you can fine tune all the parts since they are all in.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    This is the only place I can give any feedback at all. All I want is to give feedback, not be hostile. Perhaps I was a little too curt?
    There is nothing wrong with feedback. I just get the impression based on your wording that these missing features or problems that need to be fixed should have already been in the demo in the first place. I get a "Why were these points I'm bringing up already not taken care of?" vibe from some of your feedback.

Patrician Artifex

For those interested the Gorons have been ported over,check out their units both old and new: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/inde...comment=340305

I'll probably post a bit less here and more so over on the 0AD forums, since this is technically not relevant to Medieval 2. I'll still check on the forums here though to answer people.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Also I think now would be a great time to make a Subreddit. I can't stress this enough; if this project is gonna get more publicity, you are going to need to use a legitimate social media website. Reddit is perfect for this sort of project, especially in this transition between M2 to 0AD.

Wait? What's this?

r/HyruleConquest
    ?????

Does anyone have the Dropbox link to the music? I remember one being posted on the Discord.

WoM's Avatar Laetus

Hey Neph, do you think you`ll be able to implement a total war like campaign map in hyrule conquest or does the engine prevent that?

LordWahu's Avatar Civis

As the engine is open source, there are no preventions anywhere. It would be difficult, but it looks like the 0AD developers are trying to make one for vanilla, so it is entirely possible.

just probably not soon

So I've been an occasional lurker around here for a while. Recently, I came across this: https://undyingnephalim.deviantart.c...ings-615663253. I thought you had admitted in your apology post a while back that it was immature to insist that anyone who likes a Zelda game that you don’t is a delusional fanboy, so what’s with this? Not to mention, Breath of the Wild is hardly the appropriate game to say this about, since even Egoraptor, who is known for his video criticizing several Zelda titles, likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by HD140283 View Post
    So I've been an occasional lurker around here for a while. Recently, I came across this: https://undyingnephalim.deviantart.c...ings-615663253. I thought you had admitted in your apology post a while back that it was immature to insist that anyone who likes a Zelda game that you don’t is a delusional fanboy, so what’s with this? Not to mention, Breath of the Wild is hardly the appropriate game to say this about, since even Egoraptor, who is known for his video criticizing several Zelda titles, likes it.
    Well....There are things People Like and Dislike. People are allowed to speak their Minds, And just because they do Shouldn't Mean The World to you. Also People have the Right for creative license In what ever they create and do.
    And on that People in general have Preferences and Pet Peeves for just about anything and every thing.

As to your question, I don't think I have enough info to give a Proper answer on this. But I wanted to Speak my Mind on your post. Lastly, just because some one apologised, Doesn't mean a Person changed his mind. Though at least For how they said it Or did it. Or perhaps for saying it at all. Though we are human. And if some one Brings up some thing you hate or dislike. I guess it's Hard to not share your opinion with them. :/ Perhaps that is all it is.

Sorry if my post was needless banter.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 17, 2017 at 05:49 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Not to mention, Breath of the Wild is hardly the appropriate game to say this about, since even Egoraptor, who is known for his video criticizing several Zelda titles, likes it.
    I don't think any person loving or hating a game is going to effect the opinion that forms when I sit down and play a game and have my own personal experience with it. My opinion is not based on what other people think, it's based on what I actually experience myself.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I don't think any person loving or hating a game is going to effect the opinion that forms when I sit down and play a game and have my own personal experience with it. My opinion is not based on what other people think, it's based on what I actually experience myself.
    Of course not. The point is that you continually accuse everyone who doesn't share your opinions of being mindless drones. It's incredibly narcissistic and arrogant, and you use it to scapegoat any criticism.

Patrician Artifex

Of course not. The point is that you continually accuse everyone who doesn't share your opinions of being mindless drones. It's incredibly narcissistic and arrogant, and you use it to scapegoat any criticism.
    I don't recall calling anyone who doesn't share my opinion a mindless drone, either directly or implying it.