Page 1 of 597 12345678910112651101501 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default General Discussion, Announcements

Announcements and things of that nature will appear in this thread. Simply put, whenever I finish something new I'll post it here to get opinions and feedback.

Latest Announcement:

12) Hyrule Historia: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post12497535

Previous Announcements:

11) Into the Ruins: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12355861
    10) NPC's: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post12296718
    9) Propaganda and Conversion:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post12269734
    8) Wrath of Termina: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post12224818
    7) Otherworldly:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post12207048
    6) Let's play a little differently: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12167241
    5) The Rivers of Hyrule will swell with blood: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post12000452
    4) Redesigns: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post11888952
    3) Ghirahim and Fi: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/co...i-and-ghirahim
    2) Lord Ghirawho?: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/co...villain-reveal
    1) Realm of Twilight Custom Battle Map: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post11733938
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; January 23, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Announcements

While there's no way to accurately represent the location on the campaign map, the Realm of Twilight will be a Custom Battle location.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If anyone knows how to create precipitation effects for the weather_db file please let me know... I'd love to add in the signature black rectangle particles floating through the air.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Entirely Epic!!! if and when you figure out custom settlements, do you think you'll have a custom map for the palace of twilight, like thirds age did with minas tirith? cause that wouyld be epic. the twilight realm is one of my favorite regions.
    Droma: :Rosa

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    Entirely Epic!!! if and when you figure out custom settlements, do you think you'll have a custom map for the palace of twilight, like thirds age did with minas tirith? cause that wouyld be epic. the twilight realm is one of my favorite regions.
    This map probably will feature the Palace of Twilight if the siege options are set to on, and of course after I get IWTE to work.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

thank you, thank you, thank you!!! the Palace of Twilight is one of my favorite places in all of Zelda!

Oh good, so at least in custom-historical we can take the battle on their homefront. I felt sad that we wouldn't have any way to do so in the mod, glad to see otherwise.

And the place's looking great too!

Say Neph, have you figured out a way to make it so that any area conquered (or any battle waged with) the Twili forces is shown strictly at sunset only?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Oh good, so at least in custom-historical we can take the battle on their homefront. I felt sad that we wouldn't have any way to do so in the mod, glad to see otherwise.

And the place's looking great too!

Say Neph, have you figured out a way to make it so that any area conquered (or any battle waged with) the Twili forces is shown strictly at sunset only?
    That's an awesome idea, but I'm not sure if there's a way to change the climate of a specific region. I imagine it is possible though because of winter and volcanic climate changes.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Is there any way to make it seem like it's floating? cause that would be epic.

I was talking about the time of day really, but I guess battles in the game either happen in the middle of the day or at night, so climate would be the only way to work around this. You know this stuff better than me.

...of course one could object that while the Twilight Curtain would make it possible for Twili to exist in their natural state in Hyrule, it would turn Hylians into their spirit form... but seeing as they didn't even realize this and could still interact with their environment, it's not that big a deal (in fact, when you think about it, was there any point to that other than having an excuse to use wolf senses?).

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    Is there any way to make it seem like it's floating? cause that would be epic.
    It's possible two ways:

1. Make really deep canyons and then have a blank flat solid black model placed about halfway down to make the pits seem like an abyss (this would cause big camera problems though, just play through the Mines of Moria in TATW)

2. Make the Palace of Twili elevated really high on top of a model of floating rocks. This would also cause camera problems too but not as bad as the first option.

I was talking about the time of day really, but I guess battles in the game either happen in the middle of the day or at night, so climate would be the only way to work around this. You know this stuff better than me.

...of course one could object that while the Twilight Curtain would make it possible for Twili to exist in their natural state in Hyrule, it would turn Hylians into their spirit form... but seeing as they didn't even realize this and could still interact with their environment, it's not that big a deal (in fact, when you think about it, was there any point to that other than having an excuse to use wolf senses?).
    Oh I see what you mean now. Not possible to my knowledge, I'd have to limit every single climate to only sunset.

If the sunset thing isn't possible then surely the best alternative would be to have all battles against the Twili in the campaign being Night fights? It's not perfect, but makes more sense than fighting them in the bright light of day

Splendid !

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Actually, Hyrule Historia confirmed that the Twili CAN stand the sunlight, it's just light magic like Lanayru that screws with them.

The creation of the light spirits was to defend from the twilight, it is their light that prevents Hyrule from being plunged into Twilight, I think that is actually mentioned in game somewhere, the Spirit of Ordona tells you that when you save her IIRC.

It is the reason why Zant attacks and fragments the light spirits, hence the stupid tears of light quests. Though it makes no sense on how Zant is able to, I guess Ganons power lets him withstand the spirits light.
    Last edited by Xebenkeck; July 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotShazam View Post
    Actually, Hyrule Historia confirmed that the Twili CAN stand the sunlight, it's just light magic like Lanayru that screws with them.
    Can you quote the passage? Because I'm pretty sure this obviosuly conflicts with what we see in the game. Midna, prior to being healed by Zelda (after Zant forced her into an extreme close up with Lanayru), was only able to manifest herself as a shadow outside of the curtain of Twilight (literally just a black silohuette with eyes, no colors or details).

Can you quote the passage? Because I'm pretty sure this obviosuly conflicts with what we see in the game. Midna, prior to being healed by Zelda (after Zant forced her into an extreme close up with Lanayru), was only able to manifest herself as a shadow outside of the curtain of Twilight (literally just a black silohuette with eyes, no colors or details).
    Maybe its the shade or something, but i thought zant invaded hyrule castle during the day, im sure i saw sunlight outside. Im probably wrong tho

Zant and his troops are able to invade Hyrule and withstand the harsh light of day because of Ganondorf's power. That's why he can easily handle Lanayru whereas Midna was almost killed simply by getting too close to him.

Sure. From Midna's entry.

The princess of the Twilight Realm. Zant’s curse deprived her of her magic powers and transformed her into an imp. It also made her unable to exist in the Light World as anything more than a shadow.
    So the reason Midna could only be a shadow was because of Zant's curse. She's not cursed here and neither are the Twili, so I imagine sunlight isn't an issue.

Ah I see, so she was in a lessened state? I don't know, I guess it could be, but it definitely is not what I made out of her statement before going to Arbiter's Ground:

What do you think happened to
    the magic wielders who tried to
    rule the Sacred Realm?
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
    realm by the goddesses.
    I'd be inclined to think this is one of Historia's screw ups, but I guess it could be either way.

Ah I see, so she was in a lessened state? I don't know, I guess it could be, but it definitely is not what I made out of her statement before going to Arbiter's Ground:

I'd be inclined to think this is one of Historia's screw ups, but I guess it could be either way.
    it also says that nobody could return to hyrule, and they did.