Page 82 of 597 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 11936

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Default Re: Announcements

Ulfgard and Emrys: Nice. I've been to a few events, though I was only the driver and just watched rather than directly take part. This discussion also brings to mind an old video I used to laugh at.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Neph: I'm already loving the look of that character.
    Last edited by Dragus; November 05, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

I feel like he needs a monocle for some reason. I don't know why, could be because this is the closest we've got to a classy moblin.

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    It's a Kidney Belt, they were used as a holster for multiple scabbards.

They were alternatives to sloppily wrapping 3-5 belts haphazardly around your waist to hold multiple scabbards up. Their thickness prevented the belts from rolling and flopping off from the weight of multiple swords and weapons while running and doing combat stuff.
    Ok, although I have noticed that it seems only the women you model ever where them which implies that they are some sort of corset thingy.

Also do you think we will start seeing more faction reveals and unit models later? Battle maps (terrain not siege) and the campaign map? I personally hope we will get a pirate faction for the great sea total war. Do you mind telling us what exactly these new campaigns will be called?

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

I feel like Neph is going to be giving us a slow reveal for these projects. We've been getting concept art so I think it's fair to say that any real announcements will either be left for some major event which I cannot think of, or just kept for the new year.

There's only so much he can reveal, he may as well make it worth more but slowing down the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    On a more positive note:

Mh... I think this might be the one time when I would have preferred if you'd strayed further away from the original concept for the character.

I mean, it looks great, a bajillion times more dignified and possible to take seriously than the mockery we got in Spirit Tracks, but he still looks a lot like Ganon (blue skin, hooves...)

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

But... But..... Beard......

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Perhaps the intention is to make him more Moblinlike?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    Ah hell yeah! I do think that the final form of Malladus was one of the most epic looking things I've seen in Zelda, next to Ganondorf's final form in OoT, but your reinterpretation of him is quite awesome looking, love the Maroon/blood red coat, and the, as i call them because I don't know the proper term, "shoulder brush pads,"
    The term you are searching for is epaulette. Though the form varies somewhat between time period and region, the term describes any number of ornamental shoulder adornments present on a uniform, particularly in a military context. It's a good word to have in your lexicon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    I was part of a group like that for a while... After two broken ribs, I decided to take a break
    I've been really lucky to not get jacked up that bad. I've had my fair share of concussions, but other than that my injuries have been related to shoddy footwork or abrupt meetings with the ground. I'm actually relatively small compared to a lot of the people I fight with, so in a way I'm rather surprised that I haven't had worse.

A friend of mine got a broken rib two years back while he was grappling. It was actually one of the less rough grapples I'd seen, but there were a couple very large folks who decided they just wanted to jump on the pile; the long and the short of it was that apparently ribs can't support two extra guys jumping on you when they each weigh half-again-as-much as you do. He actually re-broke it on the battlefield last fall, when he got caught on the wrong end of a very angry poleaxe. He then continued to fight all day AND won the tournament for unit champion that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragus View Post
    Ulfgard and Emrys: Nice. I've been to a few events, though I was only the driver and just watched rather than directly take part. This discussion also brings to mind an old video I used to laugh at.

You know, that looks really familiar. Like I said, I'm a bit on the small side, compared to a lot of the folks I end up on the field with, so I get bounced around a lot. The moral? Always have someone bigger behind you to make sure you continue moving in a general forward sort of direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Perhaps the intention is to make him more Moblinlike?
    It's possible. Perhaps Neph's idea is to make him the leader of the Moblins in this new setting (though given the very different symbol I wouldn't be so sure), especially since the original Malladus did not have hooves ...all this however makes him even closer to being just Ganon with another name (since in this mod Ganon is simply a very big Moblin that's taken the lead of his brethren), which is precisely what I hated about him in ST.

Personally, I would rather see his lion traits emphasized (perhaps more so for the body and limbs than the head, which I'd rather humanize more) and give him gray skin with a faint blue aura of magic surrounding him (as seems to be the case in the concept art I linked to. In the game, they just made him blue and forgot all about any burning auras. Damn Nintendo never stops being lazy).
    Edit: Uh... did I just accidentally end up describing the Lion King with the Silver Eyes from Claymore? Nah...
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; November 06, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    It's possible. Perhaps Neph's idea is to make him the leader of the Moblins in this new setting (though given the very different symbol I wouldn't be so sure), especially since the original Malladus did not have hooves ...all this however makes him even closer to being just Ganon with another name (since in this mod Ganon is simply a very big Moblin that's taken the lead of his brethren), which is precisely what I hated about him in ST.

Personally, I would rather see his lion traits emphasized (perhaps more so for the body and limbs than the head, which I'd rather humanize more) and give him gray skin with a faint blue aura of magic surrounding him (as seems to be the case in the concept art I linked to. In the game, they just made him blue and forgot all about any burning auras. Damn Nintendo never stops being lazy).
    Edit: Uh... did I just accidentally end up describing the Lion King with the Silver Eyes from Claymore? Nah...
    As far as not having the auras, is possible that Nintendo ran into limitations for what they could fit on such a tiny card, but it's also possible, and more than likely, they were just being lazy. As far as the hooves thing goes, if you look very closely on the bottom picture in your second link, you can actually see the nails of the toes, so it probably looked like hooves to you because the visual limitations on these games on how something can look seems to be worse than Ocarina of Time.

You've misread part of my post. I was saying that Neph's design has hooves, making him a little bit more like Ganon still.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    As far as not having the auras, is possible that Nintendo ran into limitations for what they could fit on such a tiny card, but it's also possible, and more than likely, they were just being lazy. As far as the hooves thing goes, if you look very closely on the bottom picture in your second link, you can actually see the nails of the toes, so it probably looked like hooves to you because the visual limitations on these games on how something can look seems to be worse than Ocarina of Time.
    Dude, While i think that Duke is simplifying it a bit, even I know what he mean's.

From the pic, Duke thinks The makeover resembles Ganon, its even more so when his Feet are Hooves. However i'd like to know who this guy is in Nephalim's Story and why he's a Moblin Pirate.
    And Plus he's old. He could start talking about the time when he almost got the Triforce if it wasn't for a Kid in Green clothes that looked to warm to wear, sailing on a Talking Red Boat, taking out his armada of deadly pirate's single handedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaridan View Post

And Plus he's old. He could start talking about the time when he almost got the Triforce if it wasn't for a Kid in Green clothes that looked to warm to wear, sailing on a Talking Red Boat, taking out his armada of deadly pirate's single handedly!
    Being chosen by the Heavens and haveing a Magical Boat can have that affect. LOL

I'll say if he was in fact a Moblin pirate, he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that kid and his mangy lion boat.

The things you do Undying Nephilim are really amazing. Exceptional modding, coding, modeling, texturing, and such aside the world you have created is incredible. The way you can take even the most ridiculous characters and make them both cool and loyal to the original designs, or your storytelling and the way you have made all the characters deeper and have real motivations for their actions; I mean this is stuff I've wanted from Zelda my whole life. I'm going to do everything I can do get the word out about this mod, I mean this stuff deserves far more attention than it's getting. I can't believe I didn't know about this mod sooner.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Shutters View Post
    I'm going to do everything I can do get the word out about this mod, I mean this stuff deserves far more attention than it's getting. I can't believe I didn't know about this mod sooner.
    Advertisement is good and appreciated.

Another excellent installment. I enjoy these just like I do my favorite television show episodes.

Senator

It appears even this badass Ganon fell victim to 'Incompetent henchmen syndrome'

Surprise Impa to the rescue! Also I never thought i would see a stealth/escape mission in a total war game

This one's just full of surprises. Never thought I'd see a stealth mission (if you can call it that) in this.

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *