Page 57 of 597 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107157557 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 11936

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Default Re: Announcements

That wouldn't be very useful when anyone who's not a Goron nor wearing Goron tunic would rapidly burst into fire upon entering it.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    what is that building in the middle of town? It has immediately attracted my attention and still monopolizes it... yet I cannot place it.

It's a barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    Epic kakariko! one thing though: where's the shadow temple?

Under the graveyard like it was in OoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    Not trying to drop a back breaking straw or nothing, but will you be creating custom settlements for things like Death Mountain Crater?

Every settlement in the game will be made eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Under the graveyard like it was in OoT.
    Will it actually be part of the gameplay? From what i've seen I can't see anything leading to it.

Patrician Artifex

Ashinon
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

History: Ashinon is one of the oldest surviving Gerudo cities in Hyrule. Several thousand years old, it has long served as the ruling grounds of Gerudo Warlords. As the male Gerudo died out the Palace remained mostly empty until Ganondorf was born and reinstated it as his capital. Like most Gerudo cities, Ashinon is relatively infertile with only a few small watering holes used for pig farming and water supply. Wells throughout the city are able to extract some water from deep under the ground but for the most part life in the Gerudo capital is a struggle to survive.

Gameplay: Ashinon is a fortress that can be attacked from all sides with ladders. Without that the only way to break into the city is the fortified gate to the east. This settlement is designed for archers to explot: many of the large rooftops can house a platoon of ranged units. This lets a defender keep their archers out of harm while they flood the more narrow street passages with infantry and cavalry.

Creator's Notes: This city was mostly inspired by the Gerudo Fortress in Ocarina a Time. There's not really much else to say about it other than that.

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

wow, your really steaming through those cities aren't ya o-o
    Very well done, looks great!
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

I'm thrilled to finally see Ashinon.

love it Neph, very Gerudo indeed!
    I shall consume... consume everything

Excellent improvements!

But wasn't it in the plans to hang some of these? (Sorry couldn't find a shot without the sword button being in the way)

And possibly set up some flagpoles?

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Looks really good! It looks a lot like gerudo fortress from Ocarina of Time and you pretty much nailed this one! the ONLY criticism I have is that the walls are a bit short but other then that its perfect

Well it looks like all the capitals are finished! That means we should get a release soon if you stick with what you said. You also said that you have lots of bug squashing to do before releasing anything so just release it when your ready, we can wait

I also think you should get help with the bug squashing, there are multiple people who hang out on this thread that have made a submod and I think that at least one of them would be happy to help you stop on em' bugs

Patrician Artifex

All the happy little settlements on the campaign map:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

With that said, I'll probably spend the next few weeks fixing bugs, so I'd not expect to see anything new in the announcement thread. What you can probably expect is a release sometime later in July. I'll probably add a few new things like a unit here or there which I'll post here when appropriate, but I'm not adding anything massive between now and whenever the next version is done.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; June 29, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

I'm going to assume since tomorrow is the last day of June you meant July but whatever. Yay! more fun times ahead

great job Neph, im glad you're focusing on getting rid of bugs now, it will add to the experience greatly not to mention lessen the chances of the CTDs

Sounds like a plan!

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

I can't wait! Undying nephilam I can make a suggestion on what to work on next after the release (and a much deserved break if you want) it would be faction campaign intros, I know that it would be time consuming but knowing you ability to make cinematics from the Hyrule Historia missions they would tern out epic and you could spend some time away from making custom settlements if your tired of that, perhaps they would tell you about the faction and the state it's in, while showing you battle scenes, much like the ones in vanilla medieval 2 total war only each out have different footage (and the narration would be by text rather then audio voice). What ever you choose to do after the release and a break though, we will be happy keep being awesome.

Faction introductions certainly makes things a ton more fun and immersive, even if they're short and simple. But of course the game itself is the most important thing of all, so if this is one of the things that comes last on Nephalim's busy list, it will be quite understandable.

Patrician Artifex

Just curious to know some of the things people want in the next release, specific changes, units, bug fixes, etc. Trying to prioritize what to do since there's an overwhelming list of things to do and picking at random as I have been doing is kind of inefficient.

well alongside the custom settlements, the anceint hylians faction and the hyrule historia missions, i would like the campaign to be as a bug free an experience as possible please Neph (particularly eliminating any CTDs that may occur and perhaps diplomats for all non Gohma factions) new units would be nice but i would say release those in a series of patches as you also continue designing more custom settlements (although you were planning on expanding the Stalfos roster to coincide with all races in the campaign werent you like Dead Rocks for Goron corpses? Those types of units I feel could be in the next version)

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

well, having the Twili be not as broken is an idea
    without changing things, the Twili are NEVER sen in the campaign, mostly because they are so broke they can't build the mirror.
    Also, some units that arent in game, like the Mounted hylian knights and some other units.
    But the big thing i think would be the best is the availability to play as majora, or at least have the, show up in the campaign.
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider37 View Post
    well, having the Twili be not as broken is an idea
    without changing things, the Twili are NEVER sen in the campaign, mostly because they are so broke they can't build the mirror.
    Also, some units that arent in game, like the Mounted hylian knights and some other units.
    But the big thing i think would be the best is the availability to play as majora, or at least have the, show up in the campaign.
    Since Majora's spawning will require its own big event trigger with the Oocca joining as welll once 50% Majora worship across Hyrule has been reached i imagine that will be added much later on, i would say fixing the bugs already present and things which have been made but unreleased must be the priority at this stage. But i do agree about the Twilli and generally getting the AI to use those more unique factions in a better way would be a good thing, but i imagine hard to implement

If it's possible to fix the boss-target-gate-crash issue (if you haven't already) that would be great. Otherwise, whatever is easiest and most stress-free for you as possible would be a great place to start.