Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Default Re: Announcements

Fierce deity probably inspire the design of the hylians, either it was the first born of the goddess or maybe it created the hylians. or maybe the crown belongs to FD and was given to the hylians.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Hmmmm i have one theory
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    That the fierce deity is actually the triforce manifesting itself, like Fi and Ghirahim do for swords. So it could mean that Hylia was possessed by th FD except she was able to control it or something. So when Link dies hylia gives him her powers to save him, except he can't control the FD.

I admit i have drawn that out of thin air but it's just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    This is based on the assumption that the Ancient Hylians stole the design from the Fierce Deity and not the other way around.
    An assumption based on the fact that it'd be kind of strange for an ancient deity to fashion their armor on that of mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    We are also making the big assumption that this is indeed the Fierce Deity and not someone else.
    More accurately I chose to assume, out of respect, that you were not trolling us by giving the Fierce Deity's chest plate and face markings AND blank glowing eyes to a completely different character

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    He's carrying Hylia's crown....That means that this is some form of transformed Link who's pissed because someone/something killed Hylia. I saw that he was carrying something​ but I couldn't make sense of it.
    Uh, so it's a golden hat...

Eh, knowing how much Neph loved the introduction of Hylia, it wouldn't surprise me if the FD killed her himself.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; April 23, 2014 at 08:34 AM.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    More accurately I chose to assume, out of respect, that you were not trolling us by giving the Fierce Deity's chest plate and face markings AND blank glowing eyes to a completely different character
    It's not trolling when the only appearance the Fierce Deity has in MM is impersonated by Link.

Ah...! You're right, it very well COULD be someone donning ancient Hylian armor who is also wearing the Fierce Deity Mask.

Damn, I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

Imagine being Neph, you have all the answers, but you spoon feed people concepts (well, as they're made) and make them dance for you with their speculation. XD (But I do love speculating, I great bit actually, it's one of the things that makes this mod so unique)

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Eh, knowing how much Neph loved the introduction of Hylia, it wouldn't surprise me if the FD killed her himself.
    Given that this is the Hero's Shade and we are now aware of a connection to Hylia, I think perhaps a call back to a prior trailer is in order... I will invoke 1:20 - 1:29 of this vid.

I could be completely off, but it's fun to think that this scene and the image Neph provided are connected.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Well the Huskus thing is Valadeku so the wiki says wait how do you do the spoiler thing. Well not exactually a spoiler s/he interacts with Iemanis

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    Imagine being Neph, you have all the answers, but you spoon feed people concepts (well, as they're made) and make them dance for you with their speculation. XD (But I do love speculating, I great bit actually, it's one of the things that makes this mod so unique)

Essentially we are entertainment

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm too happy to even speculate. Avatar knows how much I've been wanting to see how the FD fits into Neph lore. My whole damn character in the RP is hung up on that plot point

Free Kekistan

mcloud's Avatar Civis

Contains some spoilers for the game. Read at you own risk. Also this is about the FD looking person, can't comment on the other two since I don't know enough about the huskus or the twili in Neph's lore.
    Since Link dies in a later mission that requires Hylia to become the FireBird to fight and kill Majora. I'll assume that she dies as well and that is Link who somehow got some power from the Fierce Deity (not the mask the actual god in Neph's lore) and is out for revenge. This may mean that Majora didn't really die and is still out there plotting the downfall of the Goddesses, or whatever is actual goal is. (Not quite sure what it is to be honest)
    "You had thought you won, but your mind failed to realize that everything that happened was my plan to begin with. I had let you win all those inconsequential battles since they never affected the outcome. The servants that fell to your blade were nothing but pawns, and now that you life is about to end by my blade you will realize how hopeless the cause you fought for was and how meaningless your life and your comrade's lives were." --mcloud

Quote Originally Posted by mcloud View Post
    Contains some spoilers for the game. Read at you own risk. Also this is about the FD looking person, can't comment on the other two since I don't know enough about the huskus or the twili in Neph's lore.
    Since Link dies in a later mission that requires Hylia to become the FireBird to fight and kill Majora. I'll assume that she dies as well and that is Link who somehow got some power from the Fierce Deity (not the mask the actual god in Neph's lore) and is out for revenge. This may mean that Majora didn't really die and is still out there plotting the downfall of the Goddesses, or whatever is actual goal is. (Not quite sure what it is to be honest)
    I hadn't thought of that. It would make sense if he was revived as a champion/avatar of the FD since Neph stated the armor design was based off Hyrulians instead of the FD itself. That is assuming the character he revealed is in any expansion after the main story.

mcloud's Avatar Civis

@Encablossa
    It would make sense but I think the only expansion announced that continues the main story is GSTW, so either there is a new one that Neph is hinting at that takes place after GSTW or that is FD's avatar/general in the Primordial mod that features the gods and druthuludi as playable factions. Though I don't see the second one as plausible as the first since, A) the person is holding Hylia's crown, B) Neph's comment about the armor being designed off Hyrulian armor, and C) the fact that FD probably doesn't need an army or a general for it if he does have an army. I'm sure the FD would lead an army(if he has one that is) into battle rather than watch it fought out, while he is stuck on the side lines.

On a side note is Link in GSTW? If he is, is he a descendant of the one that died in HTW? I remember seeing Link in the trailer or a pic on GSTW posted by Neph so I'm not sure how far into the future GSTW takes place.
    Last edited by mcloud; April 26, 2014 at 02:13 PM.
    "You had thought you won, but your mind failed to realize that everything that happened was my plan to begin with. I had let you win all those inconsequential battles since they never affected the outcome. The servants that fell to your blade were nothing but pawns, and now that you life is about to end by my blade you will realize how hopeless the cause you fought for was and how meaningless your life and your comrade's lives were." --mcloud

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by mcloud View Post
    On a side note is Link in GSTW? If he is, is he a descendant of the one that died in HTW? I remember seeing Link in the trailer or a pic on GSTW posted by Neph so I'm not sure how far into the future GSTW takes place.
    Link is in Great Sea total war, that is confirmed. Refer to the expansion pack discussion thread for info and the New Hyrule page (Link's sister). Also, GSTW happens shortly after Hyrule total war and features Zelda V, still a young women (Tetra). So no, Link in GSTW can't be a descendent of the one in Hyrule total war.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

mcloud's Avatar Civis

Then either some of HTW's final missions have changed or I'm missing some plot details (which is possible since I read the small description under each mission in the old thread for HTW, at least I think that's the location where I read about the missions)

hard to believe this game has only one link. most zelda stories bring the fact that there has been links before, and there always will be links. but this one link's just one normal dude.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    but this one link's just one normal dude.
    That could more or less be the point of his character.

hey you still doing the different links for each faction when majora get's add. or wili each faction just get normal link.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    hey you still doing the different links for each faction when majora get's add. or wili each faction just get normal link.
    That comment alone implies that Neph confirmed that Link would be different for each faction. Your implications are FALSE, good sir.

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    Link is in Great Sea total war, that is confirmed. Refer to the expansion pack discussion thread for info and the New Hyrule page (Link's sister). Also, GSTW happens shortly after Hyrule total war and features Zelda V, still a young women (Tetra). So no, Link in GSTW can't be a descendent of the one in Hyrule total war.
    Wait, wait, wait, I thought that the entire plot of GSTW is dependent on the ending of HTW? Isn't the ending of HTW what forces the migrations of GSTW to even be a thing?

Free Kekistan