Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Default Re: Announcements

lanayru need this since their faction is easy to beat, the early units can help with fighting other factions better, otherwise their an easy target for the player.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    lanayru need this since their faction is easy to beat, the early units can help with fighting other factions better, otherwise their an easy target for the player.
    That be true. However while under player direction, they can already get pretty nasty rather quick...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

go watch lortno's let's play of them, their horrible in a fight.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Nah, they are not bad, it´s just that their surronding factions like the Gohma, KoH or specially the mighty gorons can be quite tricky to fight early on if they go for you.

Senator

I agree, my failure was due to a number of factors, mostly the combined might of the Goron and Hyrule. My own inexperience with dealing with such aggresiveness was also a factor, but the Lanayru units are fairly good, especially their battlecrbas, which I should have spammed.

I was able o make lanayrua treat in my game, I just made to where they recruit faster, and their special building gives them a 400 rupee trade bonus. they and the zora wipe out the gorons.

Their coastal riders are surprisingly effective light cavalry as well, given their high unit number, low cost, and large charge bonus.

Senator

That's Lanayru's main strength, their cav has good charge and good staying power, as opposed to say, dodongos whose charge is aweosme but can't melee attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    That's Lanayru's main strength, their cav has good charge and good staying power, as opposed to say, dodongos whose charge is aweosme but can't melee attack.
    Coast Riders are a decent enough hammer, however they lack an easily available anvil to combine it with. They're alright at tier-2 with Aquamarines and Ocean Guards, but that's assuming you keep your heartland long enough to get high-end production of those two...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

That´s ok, you can easily spam conscrips and complement then with lancers to use then as fodder and stop the enemy until you can charge with the raiders.

Sometimes when I play as Lanaryu I have a full conscrip army following my main army, I let the Ai charge mindlessly while my main army does massive flanking using the distraction, all you need is to be quick so they don´t break and try to always outnumber the enemy.

Conscrips and any other Spammable unit can be quite good for that. I never played as the Gohma, but I can imagine the possibilities

All that Lanaryu really needs imo is to expand quickly in rebel territory to have a good economy and many troops while trying to avoid being rushed by their neighbors.

If you can manage to avoid war with 2 of your more dangerous foes (KoH, Gohma, Gorons) and rush the other after building up enough you have a pretty good set uo, it usually works for me if I can pull that off, but usually you will have to fight at least 2, which is fun and challeguing.

If you have to fight the Gorons and the KoH at the same time like Lortano you are in quite a tricky spot, they will send many stacks after you making you lose the advantage of numbers and without that you will have a hard time, specially with the powerful goron units.

Senator

Avoiding war with KoH is pretty much impossible, they are so aggresive to the player if you share a border with them.

Yeah, luckily they are so agressive that they tend to go at war with several factions at once, that hinders then quite a bit.

Yeah I always found the AI aggression annoying in normal total war game or mod is there a way to mod them into being more passive it's annoying a bit what with the lore telling me what factions seem most sympathetic (Kokiri Gorons Ordona) but there aggressive campaigning actions kill any sympathy they would get from me. I find myself feeling sorry for the likes of the Lizalfos bordering those nasty Kokiri and Ordona province.

lortno, I change my game allot but how long into the game before hyrule attacks you, because I bluff up all the temples by giving them a big rupee output( not the temple of time and shadow temple) and gave hyrule the ancient hylian loftwing and mages, and all the they do is expand west toward the gerudo and gohma.

Senator

Watch the first 2 episodes of the Lanaryu Campaign, they attacked me within 20 turns at least

just wondering, is it possible for custom settlements (lon lon ranch for example) to have working defenses, like arrow and ballista towers?

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by rusty887 View Post
    just wondering, is it possible for custom settlements (lon lon ranch for example) to have working defenses, like arrow and ballista towers?
    That is something I'm really hoping to work on if Zarathos' memory editing project adds in more than three turrets. I'd really like each faction to have a variety of different turrets or defenses they can build. It's possible at the moment, but limited to only 3 tower types.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleatorio View Post
    Yeah, luckily they are so agressive that they tend to go at war with several factions at once, that hinders then quite a bit.
    I've played a couple of campaigns where the KoH doesn't attack anyone around it, until I border it, at which point it sends about 3 stacks in in the next turn. I get that the AI is at a disadvantage against a human player, but they could at least pretend to be playing a normal campaign and not focusing entirely on the player.

I Agree, I played as the Zora and within 10 turns, Hyrule had 2 stacks at Domain Prime, I only had Ruto and a couple or Blade masters (I lost)

It has been a while since you made the last custom settlement. Are you planning to make new ones soon, or do you prefer to focus on Hyrule Historia missions?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.