Thread: Chivalry 0.44 hotfix

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Chivalry 0.44 hotfix

Temporary* Hotfix 0.44a

(Thanks go to Zombimode for make me aware of this exe-setup bug, i wanted first not believe, as you can see above, but then he provided it oncce more in the bugpost, and then i investigated the issue, and found that an important file for overwriting the old 0.34 map stuff in campaign mode is missing in the setup folder).

Grab it here:

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=863

- Fixes the lack of local recruitment in the campaign.
    - Minor fix, the levy spearmen issue (wasn't planned as recruitable in highest gov "imperial palace").

*Will be also content in the next real patch or in an updated current exe-setup, we will see.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 12, 2006 at 08:28 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Chivalry 0.44 hotfix

Look also here to grab eventually more minor meantime-fixes on scc*

http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...howtopic=16496

*atm. the main chiv support is actually on the scc-chiv-forum, due to time constraints and to less manpower in the team. This might be changed somewhere if the team is build up again with a higher number of active members.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Here are 2 more Hotfixes that are already published over the Chiv SCC Forum ( which is atm. not available, IPS Driver Error /EDIT: scc is up again).

TWC Downloads:

1. Campaign Music Fix

2. Ports Fix

See the readme's for installation.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 31, 2006 at 03:03 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

sorry but i dont get their instructions of where to put the hotfix file, they say to extract it, but how do i do that?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by NONOPUST
    sorry but i dont get their instructions of where to put the hotfix file, they say to extract it, but how do i do that?
    ... you need to install winrar. Find it over a google search.

Extracting: One of the easiest ways is always to use the right-click menu, and then choose the command-line where it says ie. "extract here", but then make sure that you follow the install-readme of those zip and rar-files. If you are not familiar with extractor/compressor software, then either wait on the next exe-setup release, or try winrar out with neutral other files ie. extract them into neutral/empty/new folders, and not already with the fix-files, cos if you extract them to a wrong place it could happen that you would mess up your installation.

Hi

I have a problem which is probably due to my own stupidity and not any bug.

I installed Chiv 0.34 onto a clean RTW 1.5. Then I added Chiv0.44 patch. So far so good. Then added (or tried to add) 0.44a hotfix. I started a game as the Byzantines. Nowhere in the building browser am I able to recruit varangai, excubitores, kataphractoi, trebizond toxotai, latinikoi and some other units. Also mercenaries never appear in my cities. The English can't recruit longbowmen or saxon fyrdmen, the Castillians can't recruit any of their distinctive units. But isn't this what 0.44a was meant to fix?

So maybe I haven't installed 0.44a properly. I downloaded it from ogres net. At first I couldn't unzip it , because I never encountered an rar file before. But then I downloaded winrar. I extracted the files to my RTW folder (I have only one RTW folder). I right clicked, and chose extract here. I got a message about files being overwritten and I selected " Yes to all". But still the above gameplay problems continue.

Am I extracting it in the wrong folder? Should it be the Chivalry folder in RTW directory? Can anyone help? In replying please assume I am deeply stupid and give me an idiots guide. My day job is as a professional idiot who tests products to make them idiot proof

Is there any possibility of releasing this hotfix as a simple exe. file that automatically installs into the right directory like 0.44 patch for all us idiots out there?

Apart from the unfinished towns the mod is both beautifully rendered and plays beautifully. But there is no point in playing if half the army of my beloved Byzantines is missing. Can anyone out there help make an old Byzantine happy again?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Procopius
    Hi

I have a problem which is probably due to my own stupidity and not any bug.

I installed Chiv 0.34 onto a clean RTW 1.5. Then I added Chiv0.44 patch. So far so good. Then added (or tried to add) 0.44a hotfix. I started a game as the Byzantines. Nowhere in the building browser am I able to recruit varangai, excubitores, kataphractoi, trebizond toxotai, latinikoi and some other units. Also mercenaries never appear in my cities. The English can't recruit longbowmen or saxon fyrdmen, the Castillians can't recruit any of their distinctive units. But isn't this what 0.44a was meant to fix?

So maybe I haven't installed 0.44a properly. I downloaded it from ogres net. At first I couldn't unzip it , because I never encountered an rar file before. But then I downloaded winrar. I extracted the files to my RTW folder (I have only one RTW folder). I right clicked, and chose extract here. I got a message about files being overwritten and I selected " Yes to all". But still the above gameplay problems continue.

Am I extracting it in the wrong folder? Should it be the Chivalry folder in RTW directory? Can anyone help? In replying please assume I am deeply stupid and give me an idiots guide. My day job is as a professional idiot who tests products to make them idiot proof

Is there any possibility of releasing this hotfix as a simple exe. file that automatically installs into the right directory like 0.44 patch for all us idiots out there?

Apart from the unfinished towns the mod is both beautifully rendered and plays beautifully. But there is no point in playing if half the army of my beloved Byzantines is missing. Can anyone out there help make an old Byzantine happy again?
    This is finally a report that makes me laugh :tooth:

Sorry, not bad meant.

Don't know if i can help but i will try:

- If i remember right, the hotfix a and all other too, have 2 compressed files. One zip and one rar or 7zip. All of those compressed file-types can be extracted with winrar.

- After the download, simply extract the zip file with a right-click and choose from the menu "extract here".
    So you see the actual rar file named with the content title, that contains the following structure, as info: folder chivalry/folder data ... that contains the files. (i haven't packed those as Rome Total War/chivalry/data, cos many have not a default RTW installation).

- So all what's to do is to transport the chivalry folder (that is in the rar file) to the chivalry folder from your installation ...
    -> That means: go into your RTW folder with this rar file (copy and paste) and there right-click on the rar file and choose overwrite all ... that's all. If this doesn't work, then i don't know, something you have installed wrong before, maybe.

For others this works too, so why not for you?
    Once you have figured out how zip and rar files work then it is not a problem to handle with them. Always, you must consider only and take care about the target folder and make then the action with right-click and extracting.

And you are right, this hotfix a is meant to fix the not available recruitments in 0.44 patch.

Overall, did you considered to start with the Minor Campaign button? Perhaps, if you have actually installed all correct, this could solve your problem.

Hope you will get this thing soon to work or you would have to wait on the next patch build (perhaps in about 2-4 weeks, not firm what we can and will pack into this, but it will be worth a new try, but don't worry this will have an exe-setup).

Eurika! I've got it! ( as one particularly dimwitted Byzantine emperor said after spending all night trying to figure out how to get out of his ceremonial robes).

It actually works!!!!!!!

Chiv0.44a is now officially idiot proof. Normally I get paid for doing this sort of thing.

Now that I can recruit Varangians I can die happy (which will probably be very soon as the Turks are closing in....)

Thanks for the help. If you ever need anything idiot tested you know who to call.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Procopius
    Eurika! I've got it! ( as one particularly dimwitted Byzantine emperor said after spending all night trying to figure out how to get out of his ceremonial robes).

It actually works!!!!!!!

Chiv0.44a is now officially idiot proof. Normally I get paid for doing this sort of thing.

Now that I can recruit Varangians I can die happy (which will probably be very soon as the Turks are closing in....)

Thanks for the help. If you ever need anything idiot tested you know who to call.
    Good to hear, have fun

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    uploaded my new formations for ChivTW....happy summer!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58379
    Thanks a lot Darth, wish a happy and well deserved time on Corfu

--

EDIT: Just had a look into the file structure ... (chivalry folder is missed).

Installation for a current use in Chiv v0.44:
    If you have dl'ed the Darth ChivTW formations, unpack it and then you have to manually put the 2 files into the chivalry folder.

However, this Darth formation version will be content within the next Chiv patch release anyways.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 10, 2006 at 11:11 AM.

I am sorry did not know that.Can you post me the correct file structure to update it?
    Also post me some feedback till tonight if possible.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    I am sorry did not know that.Can you post me the correct file structure to update it?
    Also post me some feedback till tonight if possible.
    Sorry, have been away from the pc ... the file structure is:

Rome - Total War(for default installations)/chivalry/data/your 2 txt.files.

Will pm you, too.