Thread: Any more DLC for S2TW/FotS ?

Default Any more DLC for S2TW/FotS ?

Will CA support S2TW/FotS with any more DLC untill release of RTW2? Has there been any official announcement about it?

I haven't seen anything to confirm or deny either way, but given Rome2 is minimum 12 months away, I really wouldnt be surprised if more appears.

Default Re: Any more DLC for S2TW/FotS ?

I sure hope they don't drop Shogun 2 like a potato as soon as Rome comes out

SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus

I think there's probably going to be at least one DLC for FOTS.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

I hope more Historical Battles like from Saigo Takamori in the Satsuma Rebellion, hell maybe go all out and list all samurai rebellions that happened on and off ever since the Mito Rebellion down to the Satsuma Rebellion. More historical naval/shore battles like Shimonoseki and Kagoshima. That will still utilize the FOTS.

BUT. I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT IMJIN WAR. I want Kato Kiyomasa rampaging around Joseon Dynasty Korea sure I already have him in the Sekigahara Campaign in full tall kabuto glory raising hell with Kuruda Nagamasa, another Imjin War vet, but its not enough. Awww man, seeing the Imjin War vets and CA already having them existing via Avatar MP armor sets, its just reminding me soo much of the Imjin War.

Or at least MORE Avatar armor sets from famous daimyos, like Ii Naomasa coz the mod version still lacks something.

(solely coz the moment those things arrive I'll pester Anton to update Sekigahara Mod again to show this things. )

Or maybe Fukushima Masanori.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Every single time someone mentions DLC .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

All games and standalone-addon's since Empire had a DLC-campaign.
    Hopefully there will also be new stuff for FOTS.
    But what could the campaign be about? This is also something I wonder ...

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    But what could the campaign be about? This is also something I wonder ...
    Good point. What more can really be done with Japan? It would be cool if they could make some DLC with some new campaign maps for the ACW, Zulu wars, Franco-Prussian War, etc. With FotS they have the infrastructure for that kind of warfare now. Seems a shame to leave it off at FotS when there is so many more 'hotspots' around the world in that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    All games and standalone-addon's since Empire Rome had a DLC-campaign.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    Good point. What more can really be done with Japan?
    Ahistorical Mongolian Invasion, Genko War, Onin War, early or late Sengoku Jidai, Nobunaga's campaigns, Hideyoshi's campaigns, Shimabara Rebellion. They could even depict something in or prior to the Heian Jidai.

Oh how I would like to see Nobunaga's campaigns, solely so I can have a unique head for Shibata Katsuie in all its hairiness.
    Last edited by Akaie; July 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

There is a lot of possibility for a Fots dlc; I'm at a loss to predict wher they will go with it.

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Ahistorical Mongolian Invasion, Genko War, Onin War, early or late Sengoku Jidai, Nobunaga's campaigns, Hideyoshi's campaigns, Shimabara Rebellion. They could even depict something in or prior to the Heian Jidai.

Oh how I would like to see Nobunaga's campaigns, solely so I can have a unique head for Shibata Katsuie in all its hairiness.
    Would like to see Nobunagas campaign as well

as it would mean special models i would hope for, Katsuie Shibata, Toshie Maeda, Hideyoshi Hashiba, and of course a Nobunaga that DOESNT look retarded. that would be extremely good news to me.
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeyesreaper View Post
    Would like to see Nobunagas campaign as well

as it would mean special models i would hope for, Katsuie Shibata, Toshie Maeda, Hideyoshi Hashiba, and of course a Nobunaga that DOESNT look retarded. that would be extremely good news to me.
    The_Nord is tackling that

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523540

I suggest he named it Tenka Fubu or something or The_Nord no Yabou.

As for Nobunaga...........well.........actually........CA did right on this one.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The only thing is the lack of facial hair.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crimson...57603863208130

We can always go Hyouge Mono on the depiction of Nobunaga....

Good point. What more can really be done with Japan?
    Sigh. There are plenty.

I hope more Historical Battles like from Saigo Takamori in the Satsuma Rebellion, hell maybe go all out and list all samurai rebellions that happened on and off ever since the Mito Rebellion down to the Satsuma Rebellion. More historical naval/shore battles like Shimonoseki and Kagoshima. That will still utilize the FOTS.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Why would the expansion be set in earlier times? It usually is somewhat linked to the main campaign.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

I really like the idea of another campaign set in medieval Japanese scenery . Sadly i doubt they will do it though cause it would be too "niche" market for the people who decide such things

I think at best we'll have a few more units in a dlc , sorry to sound so pessimistic but somehow the chronology dlc+ROTS+FOTS+dlc is sort of symmetrical , i think it was planned in advance and if they intended to do an epic Nobunaga or Hideyoshi campaign for instance , we would have known before through PR or it would have been released before FOTS , i hope i'm wrong though . I think most of CA are on Rome2 TW now and Shogun 's second life will rely on the modding scene