Thread: Fall of the Samurai, what's your MP army???

Icon3 Fall of the Samurai, what's your MP army???

So, after spending a night playing 20 plus multi-player battles and seeing a myriad of units, I'm curious to see how you guys create your multi-player army. Certain units are sometimes conducive to victory, even the worst line unit or melee unit can change the course of battle.

What units do you guys use and why?

My current army:
    Elite Infantry- Infanterie de Marine, they will hold the line at all cost
    Line- Red Bears, great balance between combat effectiveness and cost effectiveness; or shogunate infantry
    Melee- Katana, sometimes swordsmen can make the difference in battle
    Cavalry- Yari, these riders can hold their own

I don't have any big guns yet...
    Last edited by Durendalv2; July 15, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ- come and take them!

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Fall of the Samurai, what's your MP army???

I find tactics and strategy more important than the units themselves, alas I only usually use standard 5-6 Red Bear for 5k. On 10k I usually throw in some cavalry and a unit of spear levy. My main focus is to gain advantageous high ground while still securing the objectives. It would however help if I unlocked the other units.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    I find tactics and strategy more important than the units themselves, alas I only usually use standard 5-6 Red Bear for 5k. On 10k I usually throw in some cavalry and a unit of spear levy. My main focus is to gain advantageous high ground while still securing the objectives. It would however help if I unlocked the other units.
    A good strategy. When I get beat, it's usually because my opponent was on a ridge ad I ordered a mindless charge I always try to outflank my enemy, it can be with riflemen, cavalry, or swordsmen, but I've taken out a few guns and routed lines by simply outflanking the other guy.

However, I had one battle where someone was using imperial cavalry and they didn't break! It was the deciding factor in the game. Granted I didn't have spearmen, but they were attacked by my cavalry (outnumbered them 2-1) and general, plus an infantry unit. I've also had one battle that was a complete bloodbath, and my unit of French Marines where the only ones left standing in the line.

Phillyphries's Avatar Civis

I can field many different types of armies, one that I enjoy using right now for fun is my 3-4 bow ki, 4 yari ki, 3 yari kachi, 2 shogitai, 2 150 range turtles (or sometimes azures), and either a bow kachi or a yugekitai if I have enough cash. Funny enough, I've been undefeated with this army lol

I don't like imperial units (;
    "I wanna be warlord." - Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by Durendalv2 View Post
    So, after spending a night playing 20 plus multi-player battles and seeing a myriad of units, I'm curious to see how you guys create your multi-player army. Certain units are sometimes conducive to victory, even the worst line unit or melee unit can change the course of battle.

What units do you guys use and why?

My current army:
    Elite Infantry- Infanterie de Marine, they will hold the line at all cost
    Line- Red Bears, great balance between combat effectiveness and cost effectiveness
    Melee- Katana, sometimes swordsmen can make the difference in battle
    Cavalry- Yari, these riders can hold their own

I don't have any big guns yet...
    What's with the cheesy messages after the unit name?

I don't use Red Bears anyway. I don't intend to use them in melee. My thinking is bring guns for shooting. Even if people try to melee them, I simply run them away. I use white bears.

I also barely use katana kachi, I use shogitai, they are most cost effective than katana kachi, more morale, more melee, and they barely need any upgrades compared to the katana kachi.

Yari Ki I often take the max of. If I'm in a cavalry fight mood, I would bring thirty melee attack shogunate guard cavalry.

For lines with my bushido builds, I take mostly black tortoise force.
    This signature is clickable

Quote Originally Posted by Point_Man View Post
    What's with the cheesy messages after the unit name?
    What do you mean? The description after the unit name? That's been my experience thus far and justification for the unit... why not put it in???

I don't use Red Bears anyway. I don't intend to use them in melee. My thinking is bring guns for shooting. Even if people try to melee them, I simply run them away. I use white bears.
    Best infantry I had available when I wrote the op. I honestly don't want any bear units, now using shogunate infantry.