Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Author's Road

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Default The Author's Road

Ok hello yes yes it is me the best of the best...Ahh forget that rubbish. So how you all doing? Great? Thats wonderfull now im here to tell you about something extrodinary something no one will ever be able too beat MY BLOG as the praetorians were masters of the blade i will be a master with words charming your hearts... yeha lets go with that.

Ok guys enough chit chat i am new to blogs ill admit i have never made one in my life i have followed only a few and have despised none. Though i will say one thing if i have ever been bad at something (Im kidding i suck at sports and basicly everything but speaking and writing) It has been getting attention i am not a attention seeker and hopefuly never will be I am meaning no offense to anyone as everyone is diffrent and i respect everyone as there individule selves some people are scared and shy some people are bousterouse loud and damn well brilliant

There are many people in the world respect them and they will respect you unless they just hate your guts and want you to die but we will overlook that.

Ok ill save you the rest of my mutterings and get on with what this Blog is about: Me becoming a writer. I love writing it is my passion so this blog will hopefuly show everyone what i do and how i will do it. I have come across numorus books and websites with ideas and tips. So in this blog i give you the Authors road...
    I also want to give a BIG Thanks to SHANKBOT12 Who has supported me when i was KingofRome and supports me now. And I urge you if you havent already to check out his threads and give him some rep he deserves it!!!!

Thanks

Tigellinus
    Last edited by Tigellinus; March 04, 2017 at 01:29 PM.

Default Re: The Authors road

Stuff i do:

When i wake up at the morning (five thirtyish) I right for at least ten minutes just to get my brain jogging just because i like writing. Normally i may do a chapter or two in a book (At the moment that would be The Praetorian)

I search it up on the internet: Sure laugh go ahead laugh that i am searching the internet to learn about writting I know it may not be the "best" way of helping yourself butit is a way to help yourself.

REad some books: Your learning to write so why not learn from writers? There are a few books that i would recomend that Help a heck of a lot for a writer they are you could say the "basics" But they teach you what you need.

For editing you will be surprised at what reading a loud can do. You notice your mistakes ten times easier then if you read it in your head.

That is a short and un detailed account on what i do to improve myself. I will add the links to the books soon. For now i must sleep.

My opinion on whats most important for writers? Actually before that i want to say these are strictly my opinions and what I do im not saying that it will make you better its just what i do. Ok well my opinion is:

ENJOY yea you wont feel like its the fave thing to do and yes there will be many times were you think screw it. Keep at it, keep working hard and DONT giveup no matter how pissed you are KEEP AT IT.

Do you want your work known? Make a blog on here and then also somehwere like google that has your work on it and stuff. Make a website i will be doing that soon enough.

Good Luck

Thanks

Tigellinus

Saying all the above stuff. Dont just write you shoudl get outside to

Ok In the Praetorian i have four chapters up and people seem to like it so i just want to say a VERY BIG Thanks to Everyone for your support and constructive criticsm it Helps!!!!

Announcment on my Blog: The Praetorian will (hopefuly) be one story of three within a book i will call 'Roman Tales' one is of Octavius who never shys from a battle and learns the meaning of 'oaths' as he comes across some critical decisions. The second will be about a Gladiator name still unknown but he will be a Thracian as Sparacus was and i MAY put a Gladiator rebellion in it but isnt that cliche? Anyway it depends on what you all want. he third will be about a merchant/traveler/plunderer who has his ship 'Victorian' he will go on many traveles and adventures within the book. The name of this character is unknown as well.

Come up with a name for the charcters you will of course been given much credit!!!!! And a very bigs thanks from me

Some tips that may help:

Have GOALS no i dont mean this book will be so and so pages long to the letter (Though it is good to practice that if you do articles for magizines and newspapers) have goals like i want to write on so and so day. Honestly though i write whenver the heck i feel like it and whenever i dont. Its good practice to have patience with yourself so that you will not stop a book that could have made you a millionare.

PLAN PLAN PLAN!!!! I DO not do this on most accounts but when i do i find that im more preapared and ready but i also find that i have a inspiration suddenly and i write it off the top of my head. My work isnt great and maybe thats why

I hope these brief tips help.

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ok i have done a little thinking and decided on a few things, One is that i will start the story of the Gladiator early the first chapter will be up in a few days. Two that I will be doing about three small stories on TWC before I unleah the novelist within me just as a build up and to get some skills before i decide to sit down and write like one hundred and fifty pages

Thanks

Tigellinus

Hi guys! Sorry I havent been alive on the forums for a week I have been busy. First off about the Stories Gladiator and The Praetorian I will be doing a little work on them before I get anymore chapters/updates out, Truth is on the Gladiator im working on chapter two as I just havent had a lot of time on my hands.

Now recently while doing some reaserch I came across a helpful sight that has "developed" my writing skills a bit (Im talking about the free stuff not the paying stuf)

http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/art/snowflake.php

http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/art/scene.php

Two great Articles that have really helped me!!!!

NOTE. Everyone is diffirent so they may or may not help you.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ok well yesterday I started up (again) A Bards Tale. I (If you didnt know alreday) am KingofRome but I had some issues so now im back as Tig. Anyway I have started it up again and will hopefuly be continuing the other two storys along with it though I cannot gaurantee constant updates on any of them I can guarantee that I will do my best to update you with Chapters as much as I can.

Thanks

Tigellinus

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Hello! Just wanted to do a quick update! a Bards Tale has chapter four up now and chapter five and Six!

A quick question that is off topic about me writing! Does anyone here play the Online MMO EVE? If so is it worth it? Cause on my Mac it is taking a day to dowload the client

Ok well It has been a while since I have updated this Blog so I think I owe everyone an apolagy I have been busy writing The last few chapters of A Bards Tale and as such I am here to announce It will soon be finished for then I will finish The Praetorian and Gladiator. After that then I do two things and Ill give you all a run down of what those two things would be for a story.

The first Idea is a is a little less 'creative' you could say. The idea is that I make the second Bards Tale or as it will be called War of the Lions. Featuring Santarius's two sons Alicanius and Murmidius. Alicanius is more of that 'brat' who as the oldest of the two brothers and crowned prince expects everything he wants. Being King of England is one of those things he wants.

Murmidius is the calm one an image of Santarius's younger self. He is calm, caring and extrodinarly bvrilliant. He is the King that England wants. Murmidius does not want to cause a war but it seems that the war of Lions has already begun.

The time perod is set nineteen years after the capture of London and official crowning of Santarius (Spolier to a Bards Tale IM sorry but it couldnt be held in) His long term friends Kale Bendante, Sirian Blackwood and Milic. But with the War of Lions it tears them apart.

My second idea is more craetive and elaborate it is as such fantasy (Yes magic is skuxx) anyhow It involves three main charcters for whom I have which to name. he basis of these charcter's is that each has some aspect of magic, one is a Elemental, who controls well the elements obviously fire, water, air and earth are at his control he is a apprentice in the arts of Elemental magic. The second is a weapons master, He can conjure any weapon any time and it would be weaightless in his grip, weather it is a bow to a mighty battleaxe. The third and most important character is a combination of both her two friends powers plus with a little necromancy from her ancestors.

The land is Zaranth these people are set on a magical floating island in the sky called Goldensworm, water flows from its cracks to Zaranth miles below it is peaceful. And when the time is right when the sun is setting the golden turn to the colour of flames. a beautiful sight to see.

The time period: in progress

Well I have given you a short run down of the stories that I may do later on.

NOTE. I may do both which means that this vote would be which book comes first Ill put a Poll in the comentary thread I guess.

Thanks

Tigellinus

hey guys! Yea I been away sorry if ya missed me well Im going on holiday for five days and for those of you that want me to get The crowning of the lions done your in for a treat Im going tio finish it and then I will get to finishing the other books! Guys remember that once I have the Crowning of the lions finished I will spend a LONG time editing and fixing it all up and making it look really well, correcting spelling mistakes etc.

well Seya!

Thanks Tigellinus

Well ill be damed but I have internet here so well Ill get to finishing it and updating it their is one or two chapters left!!!!!

Another update is up btw

Thanks

Tigellinus

Oh one thing that Im going to tell you all as I found this out last night. Those of you that want some cash for all your hard work and are aware of the publishing rules that you cant get published by a profeshinal cause its on the internet (heart sinking? well here is the good part) But YOu CAN publish on amazon for $75 and it doesnt matter weather its on the internet or not!!! Sure it might be a little sad that people here read it for free and you will be charging people to read it through amazon. But Its possible I did quite a bit of reaserch on this last night to see if its legit and as soon as Im done with Crowning of the Lions im publishing through amazon!!!!

Please dont hate me for publishing on amazon and not just getting people to look here. I know its evil. Anyway I hope this helps

well guys this is it either later tonight or early tommorow morning I will have the final chapter and Epilogue out.

Thanks

Tigellinus

welll the final chapter is up!!! (not including the Epilogue)

SANTARIUS!

ITS DONE ALL OF IT!!!!!!!! (APART FROM EDITING) Hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!!!! I have to say though Im sad I wont be able to wake up and say I need to write more of the crowning of The Lions. Oh well number two is coming soon (after The Praetorian and Gladiator) speaking of which leave in the comments which one you want me to finish first!!!!!!!

Thanks

Tigellinus

well I have to say with the completion of Crowning of the Lions I feel like I am one step closer to achieving my goal for my teen years (Im 13) and If I can get it edited within the next month I will thank god for it (No sarcastic remarks or anything Im serious I will truly be thankful)

And I feel like I am getting known on these forums a little bit more Although I am sure I will never reach the standard of writing done by some brilliant people (Rex with his Tale of Rome (One of the best book sI have ever read) And Shankbot with his awsome English AAR) Both I will leave at the end of this post as they are FANTASTIC.

Anyway I feel like I have actually achieved something by finishing Crowning of the Lions!!!!

Tale of Rome Rex Anglorvm (I hope I spelt your name right? )

(SS6.4) England AAR Shankbot de Bodemloze

Both are very good pieces of work and I would advise reading them

Thanks

Tigellinus

A while ago I raised a poll wheather to do War of the Lions or the Fantasy novel I said I would put the first chapter of each up and here is the first chapter of the Fantasy novel!!!

Fantasy Novel

Chapter One

No wind brushed her face that morning as she made her way to Goldsworn Palace where the High King sat on his throne and where her father sat in his study or with his Grace himself addressing pressing matters. She had gotten use to this life and to the fact that Necromancy was in her veins. She was a natural at Necromancy controlling and raising the dead was beyond her but controlling shadows was not. Some nights she would coil shadows on her feet a float gently upwards as the sun set, as the city of gold took the colour of flames.

Her friends Aerys and Sagoth came beside her. Aerys was a Elemental he controlled well the Elements air, fire, water and earth and he came in to be quite handy when you were cold or just couldn’t see. Sagoth on the other hand had a more unique ability he was a weapons master. What this meant was that at anytime anywhere he could summon a weapon and it would be weightless and extremely powerful. He also shot bolts of purple lightning that disintegrated anything in its path with much practice their skills were increasing. She Skara could already kill small enemies such as a rat. Her parents said the concept was the same for any animal it just took more focus and energy. They said that in time she could just think a word and she would be able to bring back the world... But with masses of amount of training they would always say after.

She couldn’t really believe it bringing back a whole world? Bringing back Goldsworn? That seemed a bit extreme to her even magic couldn’t be that powerful...could it?

The gates opened and as every day she peered into the face of the Guardians they were covered head to toe in Golden armor there visors always down their long golden scythes were sheathed on there back. The Guardians were the King’s and the cities guards. They kept the peace, order and made sure no one entered without permission from the King or his two advisors. She had never seen the Guardians fight. But looking into the face of a Guardian gave her the creeps. The wore no cloaks just there Golden armor. Everyone said they were graceful, agile and just plain deadly she was intrigued by them as much as she was scared of them which was to say a lot.

The Palace doors opened and she passed the alchemist Bealor who smiled at her and greeted her with a merry laugh and a piece of cake. He was a pleasant fellow but had been long ago blinded in the right eye when a experiment when drastically wrong.

When she reached the dining hall she saw her father chatting with the King on either side of her father were two Dark Guardians they were Guardians for hirer and once you paid for them they were yours for life not anyone even the King can override a command you gave them. Her father had a battalion of them at there villa. They had been a gift from the King but they were still under her fathers complete command ,she hoped

The Dark Guardians armor was as black as midnight and looked even more menacing then the Golden ones but she felt safe with them. A man who had tried to mug her outside her fathers home (a incredibly foolish thing to do) soon found three dark Guardians pounce on him before he even grabbed her.

One of them noticed her and started walking towards her and she couldn’t help but look at his scythe which was as black as his armor and she wondered whether the energy that came out of them was as black as the shadows she could cast or whether it was Golden like the Kings Guardians.

She looked at the King as he chatted with her father. She hated him not because he was rich or spoilt or even a bad King but because of how he treated her when he saw her his face would light up and he would smile and make small talk but in his eyes she saw distaste. He would stand her for her father and that was all. If her father was not his prime advisor and friend he would probably have her to mysteriously ‘disappear’

She recoiled at that thought and her father waved her over.

He looked at her and said merrily “Skara how are you?”

She curtsied to the King then replied to her father “I am well father and you?”

“I’m good munchkin thank you for asking” There was a small crazed look in his eye.

He hasn’t taken his pills today this is not good. Not at all “father are you ok? Have you taken your medications?”

Her fathers face dropped “ah... uh no actually not today” he whirled to the King and got a nod in return.

“If you need your medication Sam then go I aint going to stop you”

Her father beamed then pointed at the Dark Guardian behind her “Stay here with my daughter”

The Dark Guardian said nothing he couldn’t so she didn’t expect her father to be answered. Sometimes she wondered whether they even here the commands as they give no inclination that they did apart from that they follow the commands given to them.

The doors opened and her two best friends strode in Aerys in his velvet doublet with his blonde wavy hair flowed down to his shoulders on days it looked quite ridiculous and laughable on others it looked graceful and stunning today was one of those days.

Beside him was Sagoth his dark cloak hang around his shoulders his cowl was up hiding his rugged warm face from view.

Neither came from rich or powerful families so there style of clothing was not as you may presume to the Kings taste.

The King stood up “And who are you?” she could hear the annoyance in his voice.

They bowed they may not be of the rich and powerful but they were well mannered and tempered much like a well trained pet.

Aerys strode forward and spoke “Sire my name is Aerys and my friend here name is Sagoth we are deeply honoured to be in your presence”

The Kings smile was not kind ”yes and I am deeply annoyed to have you in mine” he turned to her “friends of yours Skara? I would have thought you hang with better company a better crowd”

Skara bit back a retort and instead went with a neutral answer “Just because they do not come from a noble family does not make them unnoble people or bad friends”

A man rushed in with a parchment he was flustered and obviously petrified ‘Sire, Sire there has been a attack” he looked at Skara “Shadow Dragons Sire. Shadow Dragons have raisin again”

The Shadow Dragons had been necromancer pets they summoned them and they controlled them as you would a dog. They were deadly and had no other purpose then to kill and obliterate.

The King looked at her as she was the only necromancer in Goldsworn “Skara if I found out this has been your doing I wi-“

He was cut of by her Shadow Guardian putting its hand to his scythe threats to the principals were not tolerated. Aerys and Sagoth stepped forward as well ready to leap to their friends defence.

The King leaped up “Gather the Guardians and get the citizens to safety I want the energy cannons fired up and I want these things out of the sky” He swirled around to Skara “get out of here this is noplace for a kid”

Her Guardian had had enough and stepped forward his gaze fixed on the King, he would not attack unless she, mother or father commanded it but it would let them know that insulting their principal was not tolerated.

She stormed out of the palace and looked around in horror the sky... the sky was burning the clouds appeared to be blood red and she looked and saw what she had been dreading very large very deadly shapes moving through the sky. Dark flames rose from buildings and the falling water of the island would have been red with blood.

She imagined the carnage the Guardians rushing in firing there energy from the scythes while others leaped in to swipe at the dragon when it came in low. All around her she saw flames firing at the dragons and bolts of energy and some energy arrows fly at the dragons. That filled her with glee The People were fighting back....
    There you go guys 1st chapter of War of the Lions coming soon!!!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Default Re: The Authors road commentary

Ok well in this update I have a question for you all!!!!

Does anyone know of any puncuation games or anything that helps you improve puncuation and editing? Cause honestly my teachers never bothered with teaching our class puncuation or maybe I just wasnt listening?

Thanks

Tigellinus

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast