Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Another NPC Faction

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Another NPC Faction

Well, I've added in all of the NPC factions today. During the process however, I was considering scrapping the Dodongo Warbands and just slipping their units into the Rebel Faction slot along with all the other wild animals. This frees up a slot for another NPC race and since I have no races that I'm dying to include I'm open to suggestions for this one. Some general ideas I had based on past suggestions and browsing through Zeldawiki:

Minish - No clue how in the world I could pull them off convincingly, but I'd not mind (I actually would welcome) the challenge.
    Cobble Kingdom - Lots of potential with their stone constructs, though no clue how I'd fit them convincingly into the storyline since they existed out in the ocean.
    Yooks - Has been a popular suggestion. Would like to find a way to make it so certain regions are always in winter first if anyone knows how to do that.
    Mogma - Meh. I don't like them, but I'm not above giving them a nice overhaul.
    Anouki - Again, don't really like them much at all, but I'm not above giving them a nice overhaul.

Any other ideas?

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Another NPC Faction

I would go with the minish. It seems the moat desirable, albeit harder to accomplish convincingly. But I'm sure you could manage it.

There is speculation in zelda lore that dark links come from the dark mirror in four swords. Perhaps you could run with a vaati lead Npc faction that deals with doppelgangers of other factions units and heroes? It'd fill your slot, it would be easy to accomplish since minimal modeling would have to be done and vaati would be in the game. and I apologize for the double post.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I think an obvious one is Holodrum. I'm guessing you rejected it because there was nothing you could really do to seperate it from the many other human based factions? You could always put it on the other end of the spectrum to Labrynna, and give it Aztec-esque technology - few archers, maybe only one cavalry unit, but large numbers of fast moving medium-strong melee, with emphasis on good skirmishers? I would like Holodrum put in somehow, people would be expecting it, what with Labrynna being present. EDIT: Oops, apparently it's already there!
    As for this list you've given, I'm not really a fan of any of them. Maybe the Minish, but you'd have to give them such high numbers that the average processor would give up, or it would appear inconsistent that such a small creature could kill, say, a Moblin, or even a Darknut. Thinking about it, isn't that already kind of the job of the Fairies?
    Last edited by Mattwensley; July 14, 2012 at 03:32 AM.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Quote Originally Posted by Attaxer View Post
    There is speculation in zelda lore that dark links come from the dark mirror in four swords. Perhaps you could run with a vaati lead Npc faction that deals with doppelgangers of other factions units and heroes? It'd fill your slot, it would be easy to accomplish since minimal modeling would have to be done and vaati would be in the game. and I apologize for the double post.
    In terms of doppelgangers, the Stalfos kind of have that down, having an undead class from a few different races, but I like where you're going. Maybe they have one of most recognisable (not necessarily the best) unit class from each race?
    So Ordona riders, Gerudo horse archers, Korkiri slingshots... Yeah, that would be intriguing... and they have no advantage or disadvantage from terrain, and only have average stamina, morale, etc? That way, it balances out their incredible versatility. And should they be slightly worse than the original, exactly the same, or slightly better? I'm getting flashbacks to the Pokémon movie...

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    I think an obvious one is Holodrum.
    Holodrum actually is already an NPC faction.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Holodrum actually is already an NPC faction.
    Really? Well don't I look a fool. I can't believe I haven't noticed it anywhere! Where does it turn up?

I am so glad to hear that the Dodongo's are going to be losing NPC faction status, as they always felt like a waste of a faction slot to me as there are far more worthy races and nations out there to make use of. Here are my comments on the five suggested replacements:

Minish
    - As cute as the Minish are, and as much of a challenge as they are, I just cannot see them working out, unless they make use of a lot of magic in their game (I've never played it sadly), in which case they could probably operate golems or avatars to use made from magic. To be honest though, I think the Minish should be in the game but as a merc unit for only a few factions or as part of the Kokiri (I know there is no lore connecting the Minish and Kokiri, but the Minish do only appear to children and they kinda would mesh nicely *shrugs*)

Cobble Kingdom - This is the best suggestion of the lot so far, and would bring in more from the more cartoony Zelda's which is a good thing for those of us who enjoy them. You mention them being on an island, well, if I remember correctly you have stretches of water in the north, west and south. The island could fit in any of those, and would present a worthwhile reason to get ships.

Yooks - These are one of the better suggestions, and as you said, more popular than most, although I view them as working better in a group faction rather than an NPC faction of their own. I've never been a big fan of them though, but I enjoy beating them up.

Mogma - Again, no, not a fan of those. I'm a fan of many aspects of newer Zelda's, but they aren't one of them. It'd be a waste I think, there are more worthy forces out there. I would say though, that an NPC unit would be good to see though, just not a faction.

Anouki
    - God no, just.. no. Never, please, never! Well, they should never be used for an NPC faction slot but they should get a single unit that can be used by rebels or as mercs, just to keep them in the lore of the game, but anymore than that is wasteful of a perfectly useful slot.

I would suggest some of my own though, ones which might work better than those already mentioned. Some are from my old "Final Collection of Races" post in the original HTW thread, whilst some are just ideas I've noticed as time has gone by. Due to us not knowing your two final factions, I am going to assume that none of those I will suggest are those two factions.

Confederacy of the Ocean King

Strengths: Cheap and effective naval forces, very diverse units to choose from
    Weaknesses: Small island populations cause units to take time to produce, early game has high risk of invasion
    Faction Bonuses/Penalties: None
    Rival Factions: Labrynna, Hyrulean Kingdom
    Cordial Factions: Tokay

Link's shifting of time has led to countless examples of the ruination of the timeline and the establishment of a more dangerous world, but there are few examples of where the corruption of time has led to the establishment of peace. As the timeline sundered, and the barriers between worlds and timestreams broke down, terrain from the future revealed itself in the present. The southern oceans of Hyrule became home to the scattered islands of the future Great Sea and of the World of the Ocean King. Long had these various islands held peace with one another, but as they emerged into this dangerous new world it became clear that peace would just not be enough, as the Labrynna Regime conquered the eastern islands. The Ocean King called upon the numerous inhabitants of the island archipelago, and managed to forge an alliance between them to protect one another against all comers.

Many know my utter love of the Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass games, and so it should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone that one of my factions would be to do with areas associated with those games. Regardless of story or art style, the lore of the islands and races was interesting and I feel it has a true place on the Total War map. The forces of the “Confederacy of the Ocean King” would be a mishmash of different races whom have all banded together and supply a number of units for the factions unit list. The groups who would are: Hylians of Outset Isle, Humans of Windfall Isle, Rito of Dragonroost Isle, the living people of Cobble Kingdom, Pirates turned Privateers, and Koroks from the Forest Haven. The area would have a place to conquer the Yooks and Anouki that lived in those areas, as well as a few other notable islands, with the capital being on Mercay Island.

We need a faction where the navy is their greatest asset alongside trade. I feel this would provide it, and also would provide a nice bit of religion regarding the Ocean King, the Wind Gods. Who knows, even Bellum could have an impact in that region. To add these to the game in a meaningful manner, you would need to expand your map so that there is ocean that we can traverse from the north all the way down to the Tokay. Another benefit of this faction is that you will be able to build a faction out of a number of mercenary units, which means that you can gradually add to them over time as you complete the mercenary units.

Lynnian Democracy

Strengths: Some access to advanced weaponry, Goron allies provide strong infantry
    Weaknesses: Advanced weaponry is expensive, as are cavalry
    Faction Bonuses/Penalties: Bonus on plains
    Rival Factions: Labrynna, Twili
    Cordial Factions: None

Despite the originally romantic nature behind the Black Tower, the construction of it had a terrible impact upon the northern regions of Labrynna. Whilst the rich south would happily watch the construction, the poor north were those building it throughout the Endless Day, without rest and with little pay to show for it. Upon it's completion, a bitter taste was left in the mouths of the north, even moreso when the Mirror of Twilight held within it activated and spewed out the Twili. As the Twili conquered the surrounding lands in search of shards of the Mirror, the north was cut off from the influence of the south. Realising their chance, the people there rose up against Queen Ambi and established a democracy opposed to her will, even forging an alliance with the Gorons of the Rolling Ridge in the process. Though they are a rebellious force, lacking training and having few of the advanced weapons Labrynna makes use of, these downtrodden people are beginning to find their legs and establish a cultural legacy to rival their southern cousins.

Let us be honest, Total War games cannot get enough civil wars in them, and for me this could be a very interesting one. My belief is that they would have a force similar to Labrynna but with less access to gunpowder and no access to the so-called Mechs. Instead they would use the allied Gorons as their shock troops, as well as limited uses of Cavalry. I do think they would have a strong mining basis, which is something the south would lack. Not sure what else to say really, other than it'd be very cool -and- easy for UndyingNephalim to introduce.

I understand that my story description may seem out of date now but it is merely copy and pasted from my original "Final Collection of Races" post because I feel it would be a necessary faction for the eastern side of the map which is lacking in action compared to the west.

Rito

Strengths: Fast moving units, many flyers, good trade links.
    Weaknesses: Poor armour, mostly skirmishing.
    Rival Factions: Zora, River Zora

As time was ruined and the scattered remnants of time smashed together into a new timestream, one of the new arrivals in this mishmashed landscape were the Rito; a group of "birdmen" who have tales claiming that they are descendants of Zora who were uplifted by the Goddesses into a more highly evolved and sophisticated form. These new arrivals in the southern ocean have caused a stir religiously, that has brought them into conflict with many types of Zora who refute the Rito claims.

The Rito are one of the more desired factions, and would work nicely as an NPC faction in the southern Ocean, that could easily get involved in the conflicts of the east. I imagine them as being a wholly skirmishing force, which does not make them good for long drawn out melee, but they would be swift and easy to move about the map, always keeping their foes at arms length.

Gorons of Rolling Ridge

Strengths: Fast, heavy units. Very durable.
    Weaknesses: High upkeep, high unit cost, slow.
    Faction Bonuses/Penalties: Bonus in Desert, Penalty for Snow
    Rival Factions: Labrynna Regime
    Cordial Factions: Fairies of Tarm, Holodron

To the north of Labrynna are the long suffering Goron Tribes, these Goron have long been used by Labrynna as underpaid work or as slaves, and the fumes of Labrynnan industry have begun to make a severe impact upon the Goron lands and upon them as well. In the face of this new danger to their lands, the various tribes of have banded together and collectively come to name their lands as The Rolling Ridge, who stand ready now to repel the ever expanding industry of Labrynna and forge their own future as rulers instead of as slaves.

I feel Labrynna needs more foes, and a Rolling Ridge NPC faction would provide this. If I was to add these Goron, I would make them of a different ethnicity to the Goron faction in game, probably by making them a slimmer and darker skinned version. They do not need many units, but I feel that any they do have should have a unique style to their armour and weapons, to make them differ more with their western cousins.

Pirates of the Great Bay

Strengths: Good navy, good archers, good movement
    Weaknesses: lacking in armour, lacking in allies
    Rival Factions: Labrynna Regime, Tokay

The Gerudo have long suffered in the merciless deserts to the west of Hyrule, and most have been too stubborn to move on from those lands to find a more plentiful home to settle, or merely incapable. Over the past few centuries, however, a number of Gerudo have taken to travelling towards the south-east, where they have established a town on the coast of the Southern Seas. Although the intentions of the original settlers were wholly good, they soon realised that they had no decent knowledge of how to grow crops in fertile lands or how to fish from the oceans, and soon the settlers took to piracy to gain coin and resources to survive. The Gerudo Pirates of the Great Bay are one of the great threats to the stability of the south, and year by year their influence is growing, enough so that their Pirate Queen is even beginning to threaten Labrynna.

A lot of followers of this mod are also big fans of Majora's Mask and Termina in general, this faction is a nod to them, by adding in the Gerudo Pirates but in a way which does not mash Hyrule and Termina together. Also, as a fan of the ocean-going Wind Waker game, I have been saddened at the lack of support for the oceans and the lack of Pirates in the game, thus this faction would cure that. Also, the units for this faction would be distinctive compared to other Human forces (due to piratey-ness) but also relatively easy compared to making a faction of some new species.
    Last edited by PaulH; July 14, 2012 at 06:47 AM.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

yeah i think we need a reason for Labrynna to have a large army

I'm putting my lot in for a WW faction. They would have a bunch of islands in the seas south near Labrynna and Ordona. My idea would be they are a bunch of small islands, that consist mainly of farmers and merchants, and are more focused on trade, and making a lot of Rupees, rather than conquest. It would have mostly millita level soldiers, since due to living on a bunch of islands, they have never really been threatened before, but would still have a small group of professionals, and mercenaries to defend the traders when they travel to other not so peaceful lands. I also imagine they would be pretty close to Ordona and Hyrule, being descended from them, while not really having anyone dislike them, after all, how else would they have access to all the riches of the south seas islands?

I we want a darker side to them, and this is you we are talking about Neph, so we know you do, while they present the face of peaceful and freindly merchants to the rest of the world, they are also the ruthless pirates that plague the worlds oceans, even beyond the south seas. They go to untold leangths to keep this a secret, after all if they were found out then they would not only lose their customers, but have to spend all those valuable rupees on soldiers and mercenaries.

That's my idea. I call it, umm......I don't know...... The Windfall League? Sure why not.

Also: they could have some Goron units, as a nod to the WW Goron merchants, or some Gerudo Pirates like Paul H said up above.
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; July 14, 2012 at 08:04 AM.

I'm completely in love with the pirates of the great bay idea.

Edit: Maybe we could think outside the box. Shinra's army and SOLDIER. Make it happen Neph!
    Last edited by Attaxer; July 14, 2012 at 08:15 AM.

I was considering scrapping the Dodongo Warbands and just slipping their units into the Rebel Faction slot along with all the other wild animals. This frees up a slot for another NPC race and since I have no races that I'm dying to include I'm open to suggestions for this one.
    Oooh, this should prove interesting

Minish - No clue how in the world I could pull them off convincingly, but I'd not mind (I actually would welcome) the challenge.
    Yes, that's not an easy one... plus I'm not even sure how fitting it would be for the Minish to get directly involved in a war.
    While I would very much like to see a mercenary unit of theirs (one that uses magic to grow to Kokiri height, like Ezlo did in the ending) I think for the most part they would be better off on the sidelines, helping out as they usually do (i.e. providing stuff for the nicest factions)

Cobble Kingdom - Lots of potential with their stone constructs, though no clue how I'd fit them convincingly into the storyline since they existed out in the ocean.
    Well, their architecture is not much different from the Zuna's (really they are like Gerudo not limited to females).
    Bear in mind though they're not just from the ocean, they're from the ocean of a parallel dimension (much like Termina... so I know it's not that big an obstacle for you, what with the Ikanians showing up, but it's something to be taken into account).
    Also they are nearly extinct in PH

Yooks - Has been a popular suggestion. Would like to find a way to make it so certain regions are always in winter first if anyone knows how to do that.
    Well, if it's just the Yooks, winter following them isn't strictly necessary, but if they were to include ice creations then yeah. Plus I'd still really like to see their faction spread freezing ice and snow all over Hyrule.

Mogma - Meh. I don't like them, but I'm not above giving them a nice overhaul.
    Surprisingly, they are the one race from SS that I would most like to see in the mod (though there's no denying that their faces need to be altered so they don't look like a bunch of crazy pervs)... if anything because just think of the kind of trenches these guys could dig! It would be awesome if they could burrow their way past walls too.
    But seeing as they were never seen again in games later than SS (well except in Ancient Stone Tablets ) they too would probably be better off as mercs (plus, that way several factions can benefit from their trench making abilities).

Anouki - Again, don't really like them much at all
    Yes, definitely not worthy of a faction all by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    I am so glad to hear that the Dodongo's are going to be losing NPC faction status, as they always felt like a waste of a faction slot to me
    Yeah, they are better off with the other wild animals.

Minish - As cute as the Minish are, and as much of a challenge as they are, I just cannot see them working out, unless they make use of a lot of magic in their game (I've never played it sadly), in which case they could probably operate golems or avatars to use made from magic.
    Eh, just the other day I was thinking "Wait, the Minish are the ones that invented the Armos... so maybe they could pilot them Gundam style? ...nah."
    Like I said above, in the ending we see a Minish grow to human (child) size, but I would wager only magicians can do that (hence why I'd have that as just a merc unit... or maybe a Kokiri Hero unit).

To be honest though, I think the Minish should be in the game but as a merc unit for only a few factions or as part of the Kokiri (I know there is no lore connecting the Minish and Kokiri, but the Minish do only appear to children and they kinda would mesh nicely *shrugs*)
    You may be surprised, but I always liked to believe the Minish to be the primary responsible for all the commodities that the Kokiri had in OoT. Their clothes especially since the hats are identical in all but color.

Anouki - God no, just.. no. Never, please, never! Well, they should never be used for an NPC faction slot but they should get a single unit that can be used by rebels or as mercs, just to keep them in the lore of the game, but anymore than that is wasteful of a perfectly useful slot.
    We both know Neph could pull it off if he wanted. But yeah, I agree that on their own they don't deserve a whole faction.

The forces of the “Confederacy of the Ocean King” would be a mishmash of different races whom have all banded together and supply a number of units for the factions unit list. The groups who would are: Hylians of Outset Isle, Humans of Windfall Isle, Rito of Dragonroost Isle, the living people of Cobble Kingdom, Pirates turned Privateers, and Koroks from the Forest Haven. The area would have a place to conquer the Yooks and Anouki that lived in those areas, as well as a few other notable islands, with the capital being on Mercay Island.
    Okay, Paul I like this idea but I pointed it out before: there are no pure blood Hylians in TWW. Both the people of Outset and Windfall have pointy ears, but (much like in ALttP) neither are pureblood Hylians.
    But if you want diversity among the humanoids in this faction, how about the bead eyed people of Phantom Hourglass? You know, humans with pointy ears (much like everybody else in the game) but Zora like eyes:

Anyway yeah, I really do like this, but the Koroks should probably be dropped (the ones in TWW followed the Deku Tree... just like the Koroks in the Kokiri faction. So it would be weird of these to be on a different side). Rather I would have the Aonuki as part of the team (this is really the only way I see them being part of a faction).

Who knows, even Bellum could have an impact in that region.

Stylistically Bellum has a lot in common with Majora...

And the Rito, well...

The Rito are one of the more desired factions

Yup, 'nuff said
    I like the background story you came up with for them.

Lynnian Democracy
    Gorons of Rolling Ridge

Pirates of the Great Bay
    These are by no means bad, but definitely not my favorites out of the possibilities we've got here.

In conclusion I would say... let's go with the “Confederacy of the Ocean King”, but with the (Nephed up) Aonuki instead of more Koroks.
    And a side serving of rebel Yooks

Glad to see there is some love for my ideas ^^

@Duke Serkol

I never realised that any of the Minish other than Vaati (think that was his name) grew themselves up to a noticeable height, which does give a possibility of the Minish as a rare merc unit, or a unit for the Kokiri. I kind of like the idea of them being part of the Kokiri lore during the campaign (hints towards them in building descriptions and the like) to show they are allied, but only having access to a rare unit or two of theirs.

About the Hylians on Outset Island, if you look at all of the NPCs on the island except for the snotty child, then they all have the typically characteristic ears of a Hylian, so it was easier for me to say "Hylian" instead of "Humans with a Hylian Heritage" :p. I do think it would be best if we saw a variety of Humans though. I think the Koroks -could- work, but if it is easier then replacing them with Anouki would work too. There are an awful lot of islands to draw ideas from, really.

I never realised that any of the Minish other than Vaati (think that was his name) grew themselves up to a noticeable height, which does give a possibility of the Minish as a rare merc unit, or a unit for the Kokiri.
    Yup, check out the ending.

About the Hylians on Outset Island, if you look at all of the NPCs on the island except for the snotty child, then they all have the typically characteristic ears of a Hylian
    Yeah but the same applies for all humans in the game.

There are an awful lot of islands to draw ideas from, really.
    I decided to make a small listing of who could be in the Ocean King faction with visual aid:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Humans

Tanned, Bead-Eyed Humans

Some of which may be Pirates

Survivors of the Cobble

The Ho-ho tribe

Aonukis

As for faction heroes:

The Link Wannabees

This guy

Wind God(s?)

Possibly this?

and of course...

It might be strange coming from me, but they should probably have a slightly more advanced technology than other factions.

Specifically in terms of cannons and steam engines.

And then, stirring up troubles in the region (much like the Dodongos do for the Gorons) we could have:

Yooks

Moblin Pirates

Phantoms

And Bellum with its Ghost Ship controlling them all on Majora's behalf

Ghostship that's manned by Reapling and/or Cubus Sisters
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; October 27, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Pirates of the Great Bay

Strengths: Good navy, good archers, good movement
    Weaknesses: lacking in armour, lacking in allies
    Rival Factions: Labrynna Regime, Tokay

The Gerudo have long suffered in the merciless deserts to the west of Hyrule, and most have been too stubborn to move on from those lands to find a more plentiful home to settle, or merely incapable. Over the past few centuries, however, a number of Gerudo have taken to travelling towards the south-east, where they have established a town on the coast of the Southern Seas. Although the intentions of the original settlers were wholly good, they soon realised that they had no decent knowledge of how to grow crops in fertile lands or how to fish from the oceans, and soon the settlers took to piracy to gain coin and resources to survive. The Gerudo Pirates of the Great Bay are one of the great threats to the stability of the south, and year by year their influence is growing, enough so that their Pirate Queen is even beginning to threaten Labrynna.

A lot of followers of this mod are also big fans of Majora's Mask and Termina in general, this faction is a nod to them, by adding in the Gerudo Pirates but in a way which does not mash Hyrule and Termina together. Also, as a fan of the ocean-going Wind Waker game, I have been saddened at the lack of support for the oceans and the lack of Pirates in the game, thus this faction would cure that. Also, the units for this faction would be distinctive compared to other Human forces (due to piratey-ness) but also relatively easy compared to making a faction of some new species.

I really like this one. And Was just about to suggest it actually. I always felt the Pirates Fortress would be one of the very first to mobilize an army in times of war.

My only concern with a sea-based faction is, IS there enough water on the map? That's up to you Neph.

Here are My suggestions:

Creatures of Hyrule.

An assortment of many Zelda enemies that simply do not fit into any other factions. Armos's, Giant Bees, Guay's,Gekko's,Snappers,Freezards, Electric Dragonflies, ect, With Hyrule at war, and they're numbers growing unchecked. They have banded together to strike back at those who have oppressed them, hunted them, used them for cattle, and otherwise abused them with little thought that they are in fact, sentient creatures.

These creatures could hail from all over, From the Sacred Forest Meadow, To Beneath The Well, To The Haunted Waste lands and the Ice Caverns!

Strengths: Good infantry, vast in number, and brave,plentiful rescources
    Weaknesses: Lacking in armour, , being wild creatures, they will often charge recklessly and pick fights with lopsided, even suicidal odds.
    Rival Factions: Hyrule

Pirate's of Cyclops Reef.

A Seafaring band of Brigands who have decided to capatalize on the War going on in Hyrule, and loot their belongings while they are at war. The Pirate's of Cyclops reef have a respectable navy with professional training, but small numbers. They Have acsess to the mighty ghost ship, which is said to be the fastest vessel on the seven seas.

Strengths: Hit and run tactics that include sacking ports, pillaging poorly defended towns, and otherwise generally good at harassing the other factions, and making a great deal of money.

weaknesses: With little manpower and only an average sized navy (for Zelda), this faction must rely entirley upon Mercenaries to fill in the roles of anything outside of light skirmishing infantry.

Cordial Factions: Rebels, if possible

Rival Factions: all except rebels.

Last edited by Scar86; July 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

i think the Ocean King faction should be the great sea and the Ocean king world together as one

Quote Originally Posted by VGF254 View Post
    i think the Ocean King faction should be the great sea and the Ocean king world together as one
    Thats what it is

BLah, I didn't play any of the other games set in TWW universe, so it doesn't have as much of an appeal to me as to you all, however it being Zelda makes it have significant appeal anyway. I still stand by my love for the Pirates....

Aipe's Avatar Civis

I say go with the gerudo pirates or the rito

The Brotherhood of the Dark Mirror

Strengths: Combining strengths from all other factions, creating a well balanced army.
    Weaknesses: Being created entirely from the dark mirror, their funding isn't the greatest.
    Rival Factions: Hyrulean Kingdom, Oocca
    Cordial Factions: The Church of Majora, Twili

With the origin of the dark mirror and the shadow links. The Dark Mirror fell into the hands of the Minish sorcerer Vaati who used the mirror to create for himself an army made entirely of cloned units from other factions. While they have no civilians themselves, their population and funding is dependent entirely upon tyrannical rule and fear, making the economical side of running a kingdom difficult for the sorcerer.

However, with all of his armies being able to be created with the dark mirror, it results in a low unit cost and upkeep and expedient training times.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast