Thread: Zelda Lore: Canon/ Nephgen

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Zelda Lore: Canon/ Nephgen

Nephgen: A word coined by Attaxer in reference to lore created by UndyingNephalim as opposed to lore created by Nintendo.

Can we somehow separate this? So it's not confusing? I don't know what's legit and what isn't anymore.

Also... Calatia. I was reading up on Zelda Lore, so I could not be hilariously ignorant when talking on this forum about the history of places and such, while I came across this place. A whole kingdom west of Hyrule that seemed to be ignored....

Default Re: Zelda Lore: Canon/ Nephgen

So, while pouring over lore and stuff of that nature I'm simply confused.

It is said in Majora's mask that an ancient tribe seal the evil with the mask and used it in hexing rituals. Who would this tribe be? There's a theory that this ancient tribe was the opposing force to one of the early wars that the kingdom of Ikana fought. That they were the inhabitants of the stone tower and also kept Majora's mask locked up tight. So my question to you all is what role does the mask play in HTW? Majora is the dark brother of the three goddesses I believe, who was shunned by his sisters and wants his revenge.

Perhaps, Majora's mask is simply a way the god communicated with the nameless tribe, who may have been rebels to the Oocca, and enemies to Ikana. I dunno. I like speculating.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Nephs Lore doesn't really fit with Nintendos at all, so it can't really be merged. I believe this game will be based entirely on Nephs Lore in terms of events, faction relations, etc, but hopefully there will be some traditional battles in Historical Battles, or other nods to the basic stuff. The thing is, the original lore is directed at one hero in a world on the brink of falling/world that has already fallen, so was never really written for this kind of thing, probably due to harware restrictions making it difficult to show cinematics of large scale battles.

But if you haven't read the Lore, please do. It isn't mandatory, and definitely clears some things up and makes it a little more enjoyable:
    http://undyingnephalim.deviantart.co...84472#/d1a92vu
    Obviously it doesn't fit too well with HTW's campaign, in the same way that in TATW I had Boromir, Faramir, Imrahil (The Swan Knights ride!) and Aragorn besiege the Black Gate. Definitely not canon!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Attaxer View Post
    So my question to you all is what role does the mask play in HTW? Majora is the dark brother of the three goddesses I believe, who was shunned by his sisters and wants his revenge.

Perhaps, Majora's mask is simply a way the god communicated with the nameless tribe, who may have been rebels to the Oocca, and enemies to Ikana. I dunno. I like speculating.
    I''m afriad I can't answer much of this question, but I was hoping we would get a Skullkid hero group for a faction (not sure which), which is lead by one of their own - in a creepy mask...
    Last edited by Mattwensley; July 14, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Attaxer View Post
    So, while pouring over lore and stuff of that nature I'm simply confused.

It is said in Majora's mask that an ancient tribe seal the evil with the mask and used it in hexing rituals. Who would this tribe be? There's a theory that this ancient tribe was the opposing force to one of the early wars that the kingdom of Ikana fought. That they were the inhabitants of the stone tower and also kept Majora's mask locked up tight. So my question to you all is what role does the mask play in HTW? Majora is the dark brother of the three goddesses I believe, who was shunned by his sisters and wants his revenge.

Majora's origin is a bit different in HTW then the one described in the Majora's Mask manga. Majora was essentially an enemy of the Goddesses (probably a Goddess/God itself like them) and came to Hyrule to corrupt everything out of jealousy. The Goddesses ended up sealing it and those that followed Majora into Termina, where they would endlessly relive the worst three days of their lives for all eternity. The use of a Mask is just how Majora's worshipers displayed their support: they work a mask of their deity. Pretty much all the war in HTW are the result of Majora's influence reaching into Hyrule and turning everyone against each other.

Thank you again for your input on my everlasting ignorance haha. the way I think is that if I'm getting confused about it so is someone else somewhere so I might as well talk about it.