Default Faction - Order of the Wizzrobe

Order of the Wizzrobe

Main Color: White
    Religion: Strict Goddess Worship
    Culture: Civilized
    Rival Factions: None
    Cordial Factions: None

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:
    - Master of the Elements: Wizzrobes have control over a large variety of ranged elemental spells, making them deadly from a distance.
    - Wizard's Last Rule: A Wizzrobe forced into or caught off guard in a melee has a significant disadvantage and is generally extremely frail.
    - Appealing Converters: Wizzrobes are masters at manipulating people into believing any faith that appeals to their desires. In the Campaign the Wizzrobes have a large bonus when spreading their religion to other empires.
    - Secret Society: The Wizzrobes maintain a small covert organization and rarely have the numbers that are significant enough to declare war on other empires in the campaign. As such they prefer to convert their potential enemies rather then fight them.

How to make them appear in the Campaign:
    The Order of the Wizzrobe will spawn in Vigjaro if happiness or law in the Kingdom of Hyrule falls below acceptable standards.

The Wizzrobes are as secretive a race as any. A true Wizzrobe is more or less an avian being notable for their dark feathers and protruding beaks. Despite the fact that their arms appear to be wings, Wizzrobes cannot fly by natural means. Other then this, the Wizzrobes as a society or political entity remain shrouded in secrets. The Wizzrobes in more ancient times have been known to side with powerful armies, the most notable case being an alliance with Ganon. Despite this, Wizzrobes have also been known to be very humble and charitable, wandering around in pairs and healing the sick. The duality of their actions masks their true intent, an intent which is likely to be forever unknown, even to non-Wizzrobe members of their order. In times of war the Wizzrobe have and can assemble their numbers into a standing army. The concept of magic remains a fanciful and mysterious thing to many people, but if anyone understands the nature of it then the Wizrrobes are the masters. They are able to manipulate the forces of nature through the use of wands and staffs. The degree of manipulation varies greatly, some can only fling a simple fireball from thin air while others can conjure an entire city of illusion. Wizzrobes are rightly feared for these abilities, and in battle they can tap into these powerful spells and unleash them on their enemies. Fireballs, lighting bolts, chuncks of flying earth, and blasts of water are but a few of the weapons they may unleash on an enemy army. Despite all these amazing advantages, a Wizrrobe caught at the tip of a sword is vulnerable. They may be quite the magicians, but in a melee their magic is useless against the swing of a hammer if they have no time to react. Bold warriors may spread their pride should they get close enough to kill a Wizzrobe, but they are more likely to meet the fate of a barrage of streaming flames from the staff of these legendary magicians.

Order of the Wizzrobe Unit Roster

Standard Units
    Acolytes
    Pyromancers
    Aquamancers
    Electromancers
    Geomancers
    Illusionists
    Aeromancers
    Conjurers

Defensive Emplacements
    None

Siege Weaponry
    Earth Reaper

Command Units
    Head Mage
    Supreme Mage

Agents
    Priestess of Hylia

Heroes/Bosses:
    Nostrum
    Carock
    Hylia, the False Goddess

Special/Other Units:
    The Thunderbird

Acolytes

Promises of power and being granted the mystical abilities of the Wizzrobe is tempting for any individual, but when being granted that chance is free for being a pure blooded Hylian then there is no question as to if you will join their Order. Ordinary citizens who for one reason or another have fallen into mediocrity or otherwise low standards of living in the Kingdom of Hyrule, these Hylians have devoted themselves to the Order of the Wizzrobe as disposable minions in the hopes that their devotion will grant them the right to be trained in the ways of magic.

Pyromancers

Wizzrobes trained in the art of manipulating heat, Pyromancers can command flames at will. Arguably the most iconic and common soldier employed by the Wizzrobes, Pyromancers unleash streams of flames from their staffs upon scores of enemies. Whether they are aiding a favored empire or assembled into a rare Order army, Pyromancers are universally feared and respected by many in Hyrule.

Aquamancers

Gifted in the art of manipulating water, Aquamancers often serve as guardians and enforcers of the Order. While not necessarily as intimidating as their more deadly contemporaries, a well placed blast of rushing water can knock an entire score of soldiers down on their backs.

Electromancers

Skilled in the art of manipulating electric forces, Electromancers can cast streams of lightning at will. While they are limited in the distance in which they can unleash such power, any unfortunate target to be caught in an Electromancer's gaze can expect to be instantly fried from the inside out.

Geomancers

While Wizzrobes pride themselves in being able to unleash various sources of energy against their foes, sometimes a giant rock is still the best method for eliminating your target. Geomancers are capable of ripping various sediments and rocks from the earth and use them at will.

Aeromancers

Masters of the air and wind, Aeromancers are well respected members of the Order's ranks. Capable of hovering and levitating their bodies off the ground, these impressive feats are nothing compared to the blasts of razor sharp winds that they unleash upon their foes.

Illusionist

Perhaps the most feared members of the Order, Illusionists are masters of misdirection and confusion. Able to teleport at will, they can force their target to strike at thin air while the Illusionist bashes their skulls in from behind with their staff.

Earth Reaper

A mysterious machine enchanted by Wizzrobes, Earth Reapers are automated bringers of destruction. Earth Reapers are able to tear apart the ground that surrounds it with violent earthquakes, making it an exceptional means of dismantling an enemy wall.

Nostrum

The leader of the Order of Wizzrobes, Nostrum has long dedicated his life to healing the maladies of Hyrule and reaching out to the poor and unfortunate. His unanswered prayers to the Goddesses of Hyrule lead him to create and begin worshiping the blasphemous deity Hylia. He now seeks to elevate the mistreated Hylians and races of Hyrule to the status of Wizzrobes, and to purify the land of social hierarchy.

Carock

The son of Nostrum, Carock has an obsession with reality, illusion, and prophecy. As a child he and his father would wander the land healing the sick they came across, though now he works to run the Order of the Wizzrobe with Nostrum. His fascination with the willing blindness of Hyrule's fanatics drives him to help show the masses that they have been fooled by their idols.

Hylia, the False Goddess

Her true origins unknown to the those outside the Order, Hylia was a deity manifested and created by the Order of the Wizzrobe. Hungry for word from the Goddesses of Hyrule, many Hylians are now turning to the Order of the Wizzrobe and woship of Hylia simply because she is material and offers them a means of ending their starvation of divinity from the Golden Goddesses. In truth the Order hopes to use Hylia to expose to the masses that they have willingly turned on their values, and unleash a beast of power to enact vengeance on those that turned their backs on the Goddesses. Those that pass this test will be admitted as a true member of the Wizzrobe.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; August 23, 2012 at 03:51 AM.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Faction - Order of the Wizzrobe

will thunderbird be a Wizzrobe or will it be just a giant bird?
    Last edited by VGF254; July 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Hopefully, it'll resemble this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's a being named Garuda, likely the inspiration for our Boruba
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; July 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Hopefully, it'll resemble this:

It's a being named Garuda, likely the inspiration for our Boruba

for a second i thought that was good old Karl Franz on his Gryphon..........

yeah, i'm an idiot.

Well Wishnu rode Garuda

also, Blue Garuda, hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by VGF254 View Post
    will thunderbird be the a Wizzrobe or will it be just a giant bird?
    I'm hoping for a very unique kind of thunderbird.

Quote Originally Posted by KaeporaGaebora View Post
    I'm hoping for a very unique kind of thunderbird.

Ah yes, the Ancient Lanayru Thunderbird, manned by little robots in the likeness of people.

Speaking of SWS...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Well Wishnu rode Garuda
    Mh, Hylia riding Boruba... interesting thought.

will Fi be an eventual hero for the wizzrobes as she is the messenger/weapon of hylia?
    I shall consume... consume everything

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    will Fi be an eventual hero for the wizzrobes as she is the messenger/weapon of hylia?

i think Neph hinted in his way that shes going to be a Hero.

What are Conjurers?
    Also, Nostrum is a communist.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

they can summon wild beast

Are these guys related in any way to the Fokka knights?
    Also, will the Thunderbirds be the equivalent of the Volvagians? Special mission rewards?

What are those acceptable standards?

3 things, of curiosity and thought.

1) dos any one know or have a guess what the Conjurers will actually do?

2) I'm guessing The Thunderbird will fight like Argorok from the Forces of Twilight. But Frying all who touch him.

3) Priestess of Hylia; any idea what these women will be up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    dos any one know or have a guess what the Conjurers will actually do?
    I think they will be based off the WW miniboss, and conjure other monsters to fight for them. I have no idea how this will be implemented however.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Actually, with the reveal of churches I assume they may cause additional recruitment options to appear in the church and settlement/city.

For a price, of course. (Maybe.)

Arise, my army!

Since the last update to this post in the Announcements this faction is shaping to the one I'm most anticipating!

A Few questions regarding wizzrobe conversion:
    1. Does the general have to be in the church at all times in order for the conversion to work?
    2. Do generals from assimilated factions work in the same way?
    3. Why does hylia not count as a general?
    4. If I was to build churches at Hyrule Prime and Vigjaro at turn 2, at what turn should I see results?

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by jimiboy666 View Post
    A Few questions regarding wizzrobe conversion:
    1. Does the general have to be in the church at all times in order for the conversion to work?
    2. Do generals from assimilated factions work in the same way?
    3. Why does hylia not count as a general?
    4. If I was to build churches at Hyrule Prime and Vigjaro at turn 2, at what turn should I see results?
    1. Yes they have to be in a church, though I noticed if they are outside of the Chruch on the turn of the conversion or building of the church it still seems to count their presence there.
    2. They do, I don't think there's any way around that without adding the text of five encyclopedias to the campaign script.
    3. Single Unit's cannot be generals otherwise they spawn copies of themselves. There currently seems to be no solution to this bug.
    4. The larger the city the longer it takes to convert. It would probably take somewhere between 20-30 turns to convert Hyrule Prime. Vigjaro would take somewhere just under 10 turns (it's usually 8 for me since that's the first city I try to go after).

I began converting on turn 2, It is now turn 17 and nothing has happened. Is there another step involved? Because I just built the church and started waiting.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast