Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Forces of Twilight

Apani's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Faction - Forces of Twilight

However, in comparison to finished mods, like CoW and TATW, the speed of things is hypersonic. That said, I don't see why you should ever take effort to "bonify" (if that's even possible) Mobbotopia when there are fertile lands at your doorsteps; also, Moblins never even bothered rebuilding Demise in 5000 years, it'd feel out of place if they started now.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Isn't also the first time the Moblins have actually marched out of their territories in 5000 years? With the first organized leader in 5000 years? It's a time for change in the Moblin Kingdom, and Vive le Blinlution!

Apani's Avatar Senator

Revolutions mainly cause destruction, not rebuilding. Especially if Moblins are involved.

The Bourgeois Hylians have oppressed working class Moblin for too long! No longer will they exploit us for our resources and quell our populations, the means of production lies within the Moblintariat, and united we shall be in our glorious revolutioblin!

(but maybe I shouldn't be posting this rubbish in the Twilight thread)

Apani's Avatar Senator

You're totally right. Put it on a catapult and fling it into other threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Vive le Blinlution!
    Uh-oh, I think the -tion suffix actually indicates a feminine noun. Using 'Vive le' would be inappropriate.

Stop posting off topic . This entire page and part of the last one has nothing to do with the Forces of Twilight.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Well, we were discussing what people in Hyrule and Twilililandia eat.

No you're not. You're discussing your belief that the Moblins shouldn't be able to build farms as well and Spanish grammar.

Civis

While the twili may differ in the method of farming/getting food between twililandia() and the light world; saying that they conquer some settlements in the light world without massacring their population, because for more taxes, workforce, slave, etc.. , so they new settlement will need to be fed in order to survive and serve their new masters(from the view of the twili of course); My point is that they will eventually learn how to build things and tecnology of the hyrule world in order to prosper and to maybe trade with others faction (like, being able to build mines). I think it may be possible to implement this in the game (like having more than x settlement taken will trigger an event that will allow them to build farms, etc) but i feel it is too much scripting for only these little issues.

edit: Cameron Shutters, I think it´s french grammar.
    Last edited by fernavliz; January 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM.

Would it not be impossible to replace Twili's agriculture trees with something more thematic? So instead of having a tree of Farming->Communal Farming->Crop Rotation->Irrigation, why not make it so they have their 'buildings' be like terraforming ones?

Make it something like

Shadow Insect Infestation->Shadow Bloat Hive->Invasive Crop Plantation->Full Scale Twiliformation.

They'd have the same stats and abilities as the farms in their own tiers, but they'd just play more thematically for the Twili. If we can't add Twilight to the campaign map, at least this would allow us to think we're doing something of our own. The Twili then would not be able to build regular farming, so if they wanted to upgrade the farms past the point where they found them (ie if they want to get to the top tier) they'd have to raze the farming buildings first, and start from tier 1.

Hell, why not make them different? Maybe they'd provide like 10% less food, but more happiness due to agriculture because it makes the Twili more comfortable in their occupied cities as the world becomes darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Would it not be impossible to replace Twili's agriculture trees with something more thematic? So instead of having a tree of Farming->Communal Farming->Crop Rotation->Irrigation, why not make it so they have their 'buildings' be like terraforming ones?

Make it something like

Shadow Insect Infestation->Shadow Bloat Hive->Invasive Crop Plantation->Full Scale Twiliformation.

They'd have the same stats and abilities as the farms in their own tiers, but they'd just play more thematically for the Twili. If we can't add Twilight to the campaign map, at least this would allow us to think we're doing something of our own. The Twili then would not be able to build regular farming, so if they wanted to upgrade the farms past the point where they found them (ie if they want to get to the top tier) they'd have to raze the farming buildings first, and start from tier 1.

Hell, why not make them different? Maybe they'd provide like 10% less food, but more happiness due to agriculture because it makes the Twili more comfortable in their occupied cities as the world becomes darker.
    You know, this could work. It'd be an unfortunate loss of four building types from that ever-popular hard-coded limit, but it'd also greatly help improve the feel of the Twili campaign.

And while we're there, what if Insect Infestation was the recruitment building for Shadow Insects, and Shadow Bloat Hive the recruitment building for Bloats? So this:
    =>Tier 1: Insect Infestation (allows recruitment of Shadow Insects, +5% public health bonus)
    =>Tier 2: Invasive Crop Plantation (+1 farm production, +10% public health bonus, Shadow Insects)
    =>Tier 3: Shadow Bloat Nurseries (+1 farm production, +10% public health bonus, Shadow Insects, Shadow Bloats)
    =>Tier 4: Twilification (+2 farm production, +15% public health bonus, Shadow Insects, Shadow Bloats)

Currently unsure of whether to rename the first tier Veil of Twilight, to reference the twilification thingy Link reverses in TP...
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

I like your elaboration on what I wrote! At first I thought it should be a simple replacement of farms, but that would actually make the Twili even different in their recruiting mechanics and conquest. The reason why I wrote it in the order that it was is that I felt like the first step wouldn't be a complete blackout of the sun, but them sending out the Shadow Insects to start altering the soil, releasing pheromones, and and setting up the framework for Twili agriculture. Since the Shadow Insects seem to consume light, they'd start out with the process of reducing the light and making way for higher scale Twili settlement.

The shadow bloats section would be an extension of the same reasoning, but a larger effect because they are such more powerful creatures.

What I'm getting at is that Veil of Twilight should be the last tier (replacing my terrible pun of Twilification) because it's like the veil being dropped on Hyrule and finally covering it in the 'darkness' of twilight.

Civis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twili cultivotextoprueba1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	216.5 KB 
ID:	301084

It works!, i can not believe it can be done for each culture. It is possible to change the text of the same building but that is used by different cultures (in this mod the culture twili in the modding files is mesoamerican, and it is the only faction with this culture i think). And it is posible to have certain bonus to certain faction for the same building; the same as the ordonian being able to recruit some units with the farms.

Pro: in will not be necessary to use another building tree. The title can be anything and the text too. I have not tested with other bonus, but each faction can have certain bonus with the same building.

CON: I don´t know how if it will have to be the same image for the icon. Because it uses the same building tree as any other faction, it will not make sense for some faction to build an upgrade farm, then the twili conquer it and magically become a twili twilification.

damm, i was so exited at the begining and then i make the CON (against) list. Maybe there is a way to autodestroy farms when the twili conquers new settlement.

EDIT: other disadvantages: the building will cost the same and will have the same time for building.
    but it is possible (as always has been) to make them to train any units for any faction. I think it is a very good idea by both of you.
    Last edited by fernavliz; January 30, 2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: forgot to mention one thing

That'd be a very elegant solution to settle that point, yet not put too much work on Neph's end. I would be willing to let the lack of unique art slide if Neph didn't want to bother too much with the debate of Twili agriculture, but still settle the issue.

Like fernalis has shown you don´t need actually make up a new building just change the culture description
    you can futher change the bonus of a building for a faction, by tagging a requires factions (farming_level 3 requires factions { your faction, })
    so only the listed faction get the bonus if there owne the settlement.
    Or you tag(happiness_bonus bonus 1 requires building_factions { your faction, }) in this case all factions that get this settlement get the bonus as long it was build by the requiret faction.
    More Info here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...64#post6067564
    Hope that made any sense

Thanks for the info! Does anyone know if the Twili are playable in this version? Because the last time I tried to play them they were kinda broken. Because if they've been fixed, I might try my hand at playing them with these sort of changes.

There are, the only Problem is that the Mirro gate is still duplicating.
    Maby ah Mirrogate cleaning script could help.

With the most recent version(3.6 if anyone from the future sees this), I feel it is incredibly difficult to win the Civil war as Zant. Midna starts off with many powerful units, such as Sol Nurses, Sol Cannons, and Avatars of Majora, plus many regular troops while Zant only starts off with only about 4 units of infantry, 5 units of Shadow Insects, a unit of Shadow Bloats, himself, and a general. As well as Lady Middee, as Zant starts outside of Valran.

Can any successful Zant players give me some advice to beat Midna? Should I wait and build up troops? Should I attack periodically? Should I go after Uzu or Elmenzhia first?
    All I really can do really well is use Shadow Insects to decimate things like Avatars while my infantry takes Valran.

I beat the civil war (but couldn't build the mirror gates) as Zant on very hard very hard with little problem. What you have to do is be creative and resilient with your fighting. Capture Valan and keep a token unit inside of it, and then more around with one single large stack. As you capture settlements, more north first, and keep building watch towers before your economy crashes. Once you see Midna's forces, keep attacking them. Flank with the bugs, and let your shadow bloats bombard them with their crazy attack. You have mobility to your advantage so either make sure that your units are close to hers when the Sol Cannons start firing, or use the Bugs to tie the crews up so you can move your force in on your own terms. Every time you beat Midna's forces, they'll flee, and you need to keep executing her men. She starts off with a lot, but she can't build it fast enough to replenish once you start taking her settlements, and then just keep the Palace of Twilight under siege until you have a force you're comfortable enough with to assault the city.

Remember that Shadow Bloats can run, which gives them a huge advantage over regular artillery.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast