Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Faction - Forces of Twilight

Default Re: Faction - Forces of Twilight

Thanks! I already beat the civil war(though, with a fair bit of cheating, but I didn't want to start over again after having most of my guys destroyed, so whateves)
    Also, after taking Uzu, I noticed Onox hasn't joined me. I was under the impression Onox joins Zant when he is in control of Uzu.

And yes, Shadow Insects and Bloats are very useful. When I attacked Valran, I had them on guard duty while the infantry went inside. Made quick work of any avatars that showed up.

Hopefully Onox joining, will be in the next community patch, in the recent version he doesn't spawn I'm afraid.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Not unless your files have anything to say about it.

Oh no why? Which ones do you mean, if you mean the files I've posted up already, they don't provide the full fixes, that is in the campaign script which I can't upload to the website, these files are needed to fix these bugs and glitches though
    Last edited by tedster1995; July 09, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

I hadn't gotten to Onox's event yet, but I copied your files and did the portrait thing. Does that still not make him appear?

No sorry, it requires some editing in the campaign script, which I've put in dropbox and will hopefully be used for the next patch, sorry if I didn't make that clear

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    Thanks! I already beat the civil war(though, with a fair bit of cheating, but I didn't want to start over again after having most of my guys destroyed, so whateves)
    Also, after taking Uzu, I noticed Onox hasn't joined me. I was under the impression Onox joins Zant when he is in control of Uzu.

And yes, Shadow Insects and Bloats are very useful. When I attacked Valran, I had them on guard duty while the infantry went inside. Made quick work of any avatars that showed up.
    Onox belongs to the Stalfos though. I believe he is one of the starting generals. But I maybe wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    Onox belongs to the Stalfos though. I believe he is one of the starting generals. But I maybe wrong.
    Onox is actually both. Dead Onox is Stalfos(and he actually is not a starting general. Akazoo and the Necromancer are), and living Onox is Zant.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Why not rename the faction to "Twilight Realm" now that it appears on the campaign map?

Zant doesn't seem to be able to build Lightworld adaptations even after accepting surrender. Any suggestions for a quick fix?

I downloaded the mod purely with the intent of playing as the Twilight because they are AWESOME. I read on the wiki that there was a really cool mechanic involving playing as Imp Midna when you lose to Zant in the civil war. I tried doing this, but when I lost, instead of becoming an imp, I... well... I lost and was booted to main menu. Did I do something wrong here?

A lot of information on the wiki is inaccurate. At a guess, I think some of it reflects plans for the game that haven't been implemented yet. A lot of structures supposedly allow events to take place but don't, several units can't be obtained, and the manor at Snowpeak is said to allow any faction to train any unit, but it doesn't.

I know it's at least partially implemented, because it gave me the choice to die or surrender, but then booted me out of the game regardless of which one I picked. You might be right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattsplosion View Post
    I know it's at least partially implemented, because it gave me the choice to die or surrender, but then booted me out of the game regardless of which one I picked. You might be right though.
    You should post that Bug here.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14720421
    And ask if it can be fixed for the next Community Patch.

I might do that.

Since there isn't a thread yet for the various Twili factions, I figured I might as well post here as this is the closest there is. As Eldren previously mentioned, the "twilight armos" could serve as a unit for. I, however, would like to add to that by suggesting another automaton join it - a larger, more brutish compatriot, perhaps better suited for combat and/or manual labor, known as the armos titan.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Given that the Twili are the descendants of Sheikah and Gerudo (amongst others), there may even be a way to fit them into the lore in a manner that combines the two cultures, as well as hinting at a darker nature for the construction of armos. In the original game, armos are stated to be "A soldier who has been turned into a stone statue." In later games, though, it becomes clear that armos are powered by glowing gems/crystals that must be destroyed in order to power down the automaton. Given that the Gerudo are capable of binding spirits to armor, such as the Iron Knuckle, which, somewhat coincidently, also appears to having a glowing gem/crystal on its body. The Sheikah have a similar method of containing, via Malmords, which could be viewed as being akin to the use of gems/crystals.

Combining these two aspects, perhaps the armos of the Twili could in fact be bound spirits/souls used as a power source, a means of giving their creations autonomous movement. Whether or not the spirits/souls are willing, or if the Twili that "donated" them has yet to have died, may be another question entirely.

- - -

Another suggestion is to use the beta Shadow Beasts for one of the Twili factions. Their appearance is distinct enough from the Twili Messengers that I doubt they'd be confused for them, and lore wise they could represent some bestial native of the Twili Realm (planet) or, quite possible, Twili/Shadow Lizalfos that have been heavily transformed by exposure to the environment. The latter idea comes from the fact that they clearly have tails and somewhat reptilian-looking jaws and limbs.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Nergali; January 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM.

The overhaul will probably make the Forces of Twiligh a bit of an amalgamation of "Shadows of Hyrule", with each faction being represented by two or three units.

What about the Wolf thing from Hyrule Wariors that Midna rides? I could imagine Shadow Bulblins riding these.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345