Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Kingdom of Ikana

Default Re: Faction - Kingdom of Ikana

You give any thought to the idea of termina popping in as a fully developed empire across the seas like the Aztecs/new world and having them be the Navsl Invasion you like so much? That seems more fun than them just popping up like the Stalfos do.

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

I always thought it was a parallel universe sort of thing or just another shortcut in the lost forest along with the Zora/Goron ones.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

i thought Ikana was getting Two new unis I only see one

maybe keese could be added for ikana? i think they are a prominent enough enemy in zelda to be represented in this mod
    I shall consume... consume everything

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    maybe keese could be added for ikana? i think they are a prominent enough enemy in zelda to be represented in this mod
    I actually do not see these things as belonging in the Ikanian armies. Although I am a fan of the Keese, I have trouble actually finding a place for them. Aside from the Stalfos/Shiekah armies, I can't think of any factions off-hand that could actually use these things. I would see them more as wild creature rebel units.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    I actually do not see these things as belonging in the Ikanian armies. Although I am a fan of the Keese, I have trouble actually finding a place for them.
    Not even a little bit?

whats he from, and who is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Ok, they can fit... still in the Stalfos army though.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

That's Gomess, he's a miniboss fought in the Stone Tower. You know, that place in Ikana.

That's Gomess, he's a miniboss fought in the Stone Tower. You know, that place in Ikana.

i was an idiot child and never got un-Deku-fied.........

tis one of my deepest gaming related shames........

Zelda is one of the sufferers from my horrible habit of starting games and only finishing not even 1-% of them.

bad me......
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; August 01, 2012 at 08:09 PM.

I realize that. Redeads were also present throughout most of Ikana castle and they are in the stalfos army. Gomess just doesn't seem to fit in with Ikana's overall design. He is a friggin black ghost surrounded by bats. Ok, I'll admit his form looks vaguely like a Garo... vaguely. Half the stuff in Stone Tower does not appear to relate to Ikana really, especially in relation to overall tone and style. This guy looks more at home with the Stalfos unless Neph decides to put in poes and give them to Ikana. If he does that, I might consider Gomess as an Ikanian unit. Until then, Keese/Gomess seem more of a fit for Stalfos than Ikana.

I was telling Mjolnr actually, but anyway, seeing as Neph enlisted the Garo among the Ikana, I figured the stuff in Stoen Tower was fair game.

Personally though, I actually agree with you. Both the garo and the enemies in Stone Tower don't seem to belong to them.
    And in any case, I'd be fine with the Keese being with Ikana, the Stalfos or on their own as wild beast hunts... so whichever Neph goes for is cool with me.

the reason why id favour ikana is because i feel they need a speedy unit so the flying keese would work well in that role, and i would love to see gomess as a hero for ikana, one of the coolest minibosses ever

VGF254's Avatar Civis

How will the hollow knights work?

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Hm... there are various enemies native to Ikana, yes?

Now that I think about it, would gorons have been alive at the time of Ikana being thrust into Termina? The curse on Termina might have been broadly applied to any inhabitants in the area, which might explain the rather strange Nejirons and Real Bombchus that inhabit the area? I don't think Gorons would be happy with the goddesses if they were led to believe they had turned some of goron kind into those... things.

Of course, if they're creations of Majora itself*, then wouldn't they be used in his conquest of Hyrule?

(*Him? Her? I always thought Majora was a her... weird)

Eyegore seems to function as a vigilant sentinel in the Stone Temple. While Eyegore, sometimes called Rocklops, have been seen in other games as common mooks, the one in Majora's Mask has a unique design and miniboss status. It could, perhaps, fill another artillery rule as cannon elephants? Or perhaps throw boulders, whichever you prefer.

(Excuse me if I make some obvious mistakes or sound incoherent... it's rather late.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGohma View Post
    Eyegore seems to function as a vigilant sentinel in the Stone Temple. While Eyegore, sometimes called Rocklops, have been seen in other games as common mooks, the one in Majora's Mask has a unique design and miniboss status. It could, perhaps, fill another artillery rule as cannon elephants? Or perhaps throw boulders, whichever you prefer.
    I like the idea.

Najirons, by the way, have been repeatedly suggest for various factions.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

I like the idea.

Najirons, by the way, have been repeatedly suggest for various factions.
    Well, if they go to any faction, it will most likely be either The Kingdom or Majora. They could work as unusual wildlife which menace the area around Ikana, but beyond those three I really doubt any candidates... especially gorons.

Oh, excuse how off topic this last part is, but your signature is the first thing that comes to mind anytime I hear the letter Sigma.

Well, if they go to any faction, it will most likely be either The Kingdom or Majora. They could work as unusual wildlife which menace the area around Ikana, but beyond those three I really doubt any candidates...
    I think the Stalfos were suggested as well. And someone thought they could be used as kamikaze units.

Oh, excuse how off topic this last part is, but your signature is the first thing that comes to mind anytime I hear the letter Sigma.

I should probably change it before Undying Nephalim gets angrier at me...

EDIT:
    There we go. Now if there's any remaining cause for irritation I am not aware of it.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; August 28, 2012 at 09:59 PM.

hollow knights, bravo they may become my favourite unit and yay the ikana get chariots the warriors of the stone tower are looking awesome now

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking
    how about beamos as defensive unit for ikana
    I like this idea. Beamos as defensive unit for ikana. Would be good. It would be the same principle as the Twilightarmos, for the Twili. Maintained Lost Relics, or in this case Maintained War Machines.
    There quite a list of Styles to choose from.
    Take a look, and post your vote, if you like. :
    http://www.zeldawiki.org/Beamos

Poes would allso work for the ikana
    Poes could have "hide any where". And tunneling like Lanayru Province Arurodas. To simulate being fazed. And we on the Golden Land Mod, are working on getting Agahnim to faze in and out of battle. If we git that to work? And Neph gets flying units to go though Walls? Then we have !Poes! Ever One!
    Like always, I'm interested in any one's thoughts on the matter.
    Last edited by Eldren; November 23, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast