Default Faction - Kingdom of Ikana

Kingdom of Ikana

Main Color: Tan
    Religion: Majora Worship
    Culture: Unnatural
    Rival Factions: None
    Cordial Factions: None

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:
    - Best of the Best: Soldiers trained by the Kingdom of Ikana have undergone years of battle in their civil war, and as such have much more experience in battle.
    - Starved to Death: Ikana's homeland is largely devoid of resources in the campaign.
    - Immune to the Elements: The curse of Ikana has unexpectedly granted them immunity to extreme heat and frost, and as such they suffer no penalties for where the are forced to fight.
    - Celibate Curse: The Curse of Ikana has left the population without the ability to have children. Ikanians cannot increase their population numbers in the campaign.

How to make them appear in the Campaign: The Kingdom of Ikana will spawn south of Ordona Province if Majora Worship has spread to more then 25% of Hyrule.

The ancient Kingdom of Ikana is a large mystery to all of Hyrule. At one point in history they controlled a vast empire of glory and prosperity. Then one day, a sudden civil war broke out among their people. Within a few short days, their entire Kingdom vanished. All their people and cities completely gone from the face of Hyrule with no explanation. Many centuries passed and their existence became a myth, though many claim to see their cities vanish in and out of existence over the years. Now in recent times their cities have begun to reappear at large in their barren homeland to the south. It is a mystery what had happened to them all these years, but now the Ikanians have returned, and to them all the inhabitants of Hyrule cannot be trusted. Neither living nor dead, the Ikanians are cursed with the appearance of skeletal warriors, though it is unknown if it is only a magical facade of if they truly have become such monstrosities. Regardless, their numbers grow and their army prepares to destroy all that may betray them. The army of Ikana is a fairly balanced one, armed with professional grade weaponry and armor. The undead appearance of the Ikanians also gives them a certain psychological edge in a fight. Despite their masterwork weapons, armor, and training, the resources in Ikana's homeland are nearly run dry, and they have a poor economy to field troops. As such, soldiers are rather expensive and costly to lose in a fight. Whatever high price their soldiers may desire, the money is well worth the effort of assembling a mighty army worthy of the name Ikana.

Kingdom of Ikana Unit Roster

Standard Units
    The Drafted
    Gatekeepers
    Footmen
    Boltmen
    Garo Ninjas
    Gibdos
    Noblemen
    Battle Chariots
    Hollow Knights

Defensive Emplacements

None

Siege Weaponry
    Trebuchet

Command Units
    Cursed Captain
    Cursed General

Agents
    None

Heroes/Bosses:
    King Igos du Ikana
    Captain Keeta
    Garo Master

Special/Other Units:
    None

The Drafted

Forced into service against their will at the start of the Ikanian civil war, the drafted civilians had little or no reason to partake in the conflict. Regardless they were forced to fight amongst themselves, and within no time they had picked their sides. After becoming cursed by the Goddesses and cast into Termina they were doomed to live as individuals full of doubt in everything for all time. They trust no one, and suspect even their fellow Ikanian soldiers may be their enemies even after being released into Hyrule.

Gatekeepers

Low ranking military soldiers tasked with nothing but guarding important locations of Ikana, Gatekeepers served that role during the Ikanian civil war. Cursed to believe that all are plotting to invade the places that they guard, Gatekeepers were doomed to remain attached to their post for all time. Now released into Hyrule, Gatekeepers continue their duty of guarding the Kingdom from enemy invasions.

Footmen

The primary soldiers of Ikana's Kingdom, Footmen were the front line troops that waged the bloody civil war. When Ikana was cast into Termina by the Goddesses they were cursed to hate and harbor a need to kill anyone for all time, even their loved ones. Now free of Termina, the Footmen once again assemble as Ikana's main fighting force as they spread out into Hyrule.

Boltmen

During the glory days of Ikana these soldiers were tasked with guarding their walled cities. They ruthlessly interrogated any and all individuals that passed through their posts to assure that the Kingdom remain free of possible assassins and heretics. Now cursed with the need to question every individual out of fear and suspicion, this usually ends with them coming to the conclusion that their victim is an enemy, and a bolt from their signature weapons is the only solution to rid of them.

Garo Ninjas

Perhaps one of most mysterious races on record, the Garos are one of the few people truly native to the twisted realm of Termina. Somehow they managed to escape into Hyrule and infiltrate the Kingdom of Ikana, and it is believed they instigated the start of the civil war that eventually ruined their civilization. Cursed by the Goddesses for planting the seeds of Ikana's demise, the Garo are now endlessly trapped in the middle of Ikana's civil war. That is until they found a way to escape into Hyrule once again.

Gibdos

When Ikana was banished from Hyrule into Termina, not even the long dead were spared punishment from the Goddesses. Risen from the dead, these mummified Ikanians wander forever craving material possessions they once had in life, and killing any that might have what they want.

Noblemen

High ranking soldiers loyal to only King Igos, Noblemen often served as his personal guards wherever he traversed. They were said to be so devoted to their King that they would go out of their way to kill anyone who was believed to be a traitor, even people in their own families. When Ikana was cast into Termina these individuals were cursed to be forever bound to Igos and perceive everyone else with distrust.

Battle Chariots

Manned by a pair of Boltmen and pulled by spectral horses, Battle Chariots rise from the pit of Termina and storm into Hyrule with unholy speed. When they are not picking off enemies at a distance, Battle Chariots are instead running down scores of enemy soldiers like a hot knife through butter.

Hollow Knights

Once the most famous of all of Ikana's warriors, these honorable soldiers lost all sign of humanity and were cursed to wander Termina invisible to all around them. Left with nothing but emptiness in their hearts, Hollow Knights march into Hyrule seeking to bring emptiness to all whom oppose them in battle.

Ikana Trebuchet

When the Kingdom of Ikana needs to level an enemy castle, these cursed machines are brought forth to complete the job. Armed with projectiles cursed in the name of Majora, the firepower unleashed by these deceptively simple contraptions explodes into a storm of yellow flames on impact. Any structure or unfortunate soldier near the blast can count on being destroyed by violent immolation.

King Igos Du Ikana

The last King of Ikana, Igos was in charge of the Kingdom when the great civil war broke out. After a lifelong service to the Goddesses and rejection of Majora, Igos was devastated to see his empire falling apart before his very eyes, and cursed the Goddesses for betraying him and his loyalty. For his boast the Goddesses descended upon Ikana and cast it into Termina where it would remain in a cycle of endless civil war. Now recently freed from Termina, Igos has managed to temporarily stabilize his Kingdom and now pledges loyalty to Majora, whom has promised a reward for his people should he bring forth destruction upon Hyrule.

Captain Keeta

Once King Igos's favorite captain, Keeta was a well renown leader figure in the Ikana army. When the civil war broke out however, Keeta was forced to betray Igos and ended up opposing him. This undesired betrayal became a willing hatred of Igos when Keeta was cast into Termina with the rest of the Kingdom. Now freed in Hyrule, Keeta has renounced the war against King Igos, though in Keeta's heart the throne is all that matters now in the end.

Garo Master

His name a secret to all in Ikana, the leader of the mysterious Garo came forth to Igos and spoke of traitors in his Kingdom. His intervention is often attributed to the start of the Ikanian civil war, though in truth he was only given the seeds to the Kingdom's undoing. Trapped within Termina when the Goddesses plunged Ikana from Hyrule, the Garo Master has been caught in between the Ikanian civil war for an untold number of centuries. Now freed of Termina, he continues the plot he had started ages past before they were interrupted.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; September 08, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Default Re: Faction - Kingdom of Ikana

Question coming up,
    while the Ikanians cannot increase their population, shouldn't they then also be immune to diseases etc??
    Or will their population be able to drop downwards??
    Last edited by Baerke Hinn Gauzki; July 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Extreme mode - playing Ikana and purging every settlement!
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Baerke Hinn Gauzki View Post
    Question coming up,
    while the Ikanians cannot increase their population, shouldn't they then also be immune to diseases etc??
    Or will their population be able to drop downwards??
    I imagine they probably are immune to diseases. As for their populations, I imagine it is possible for their numbers to increase as more individuals continue to enter Hyrule from Termina. That is to say when they train troops they are actually pulling them from purgatory rather then training them.

Wait a minute, ancient undead soldiers with centuries of combat experience, they're actually civilized, but they can't make more of their own kind..... They're the Tomb Kings from Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Except with a slightly more Incan style. Man, I enjoy comparing factions to Warhammer Fantasy/40k.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

is Termina Hell in this story?

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    Wait a minute, ancient undead soldiers with centuries of combat experience, they're actually civilized, but they can't make more of their own kind..... They're the Tomb Kings from Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Except with a slightly more Incan style. Man, I enjoy comparing factions to Warhammer Fantasy/40k.
    Everything is comparable to Warhammer, Especially fantasy since warhammer, Tolkien, and D&D pretty much made the genre.

Hmmm........now I want Vampire Counts leading the Stalfos.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by VGF254 View Post
    is Termina Hell in this story?
    I don't think I'd necessarily call it the hell of Zelda, but when I played Majora's Mask I definitely got a purgatory vibe from the place: Looping days endlessly, people confused and unable to solve unhealthy psychological problems, the fact that almost every character in the game looked like people Link knew, and all the anti Goddess imagery found everywhere (particularly in Ikana). To me that game was about Link overcoming his psychological issue of loneliness and realizing that there are many friends to be had in the world rather then the one he fixated on after she left him. Termina manifested as it did because it was Link's personal idea of purgatory and what he needed to face in order to overcome his psychological problem. I imagine Termina probably looks different for every individual that ends up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    Everything is comparable to Warhammer, Especially fantasy since warhammer, Tolkien, and D&D pretty much made the genre.

Hmmm........now I want Vampire Counts leading the Stalfos.
    In fact, running this off the top of my head.
    Stalfos: Vampire Counts.
    Lizalfos: Lizardmen.
    Darknuts: Depending on your interpretation, either the Warriors of Chaos or the Space Marines.
    Hyrule: Either Bretonnia or the Empire.
    Gerudo: Araby.
    Moblins: Greenskins.
    Ikana: Tomb Kings.
    Ordona: Border Princes could work. Or the Imperial Guard.
    Gohma: Tyranids.
    Kokiri: Wood Elves
    Gorons: Dwarves
    Zora: Dark Elves
    Wizrobe: Tzeentchian Cultists
    Labrynna: The Empire, most definitely the Empire.
    Shiekah: Officio Assassinorum
    Lanayru: Exodites or something, without the awesome dinosaurs though.
    Twili: Necrons, I guess.
    Deku: Grots.
    Fairies: Munchkinized Eldar. Mainly due to the pretty colours.
    Last edited by DiddlyDark; July 22, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    In fact, running this off the top of my head.
    Stalfos: Vampire Counts.
    Lizalfos: Lizardmen.
    Darknuts: Depending on your interpretation, either the Warriors of Chaos or the Space Marines.
    Hyrule: Either Britannia or the Empire.
    Gerudo: Araby.
    Moblins: Greenskins.
    Ikana: Tomb Kings.
    Ordona: Border Princes could work.
    Gohma: Tyranids.
    Kokiri: Wood Elves
    Gorons: Dwarves
    Zora: Dark Elves
    Wizrobe: Tzeentchian Cultists
    Labrynna: The Empire, most definitely the Empire.
    Shiekah: Officio Assassinorum
    Ordona: Imperial Guard?
    Lanayru: Exodites or something, without the awesome dinosaurs though.
    Twili: Necrons, I guess.
    Deku: Grots.
    Fairies: Munchkinized Eldar. Mainly due to the pretty colours.

Calling Bretonnia Britannia?

You said Ordona twice.

Patrician Artifex

Tolkien, and D&D pretty much made the genre.
    Compared to LOTR:

Gondor - Hylians
    Rohan - Ordona Province
    Isengard - Darknuts
    Mordor - Moblins
    Haradrim - Gerudo
    Elves - Zora
    Dwarves - Gorons
    Hobbits - Kokiri
    Ungoilants - Gohma
    Nazgul - Stalfos
    Númenóreans - Sheikah
    Goblins - Deku
    Rhun - Labrynna
    Men of Dale - Lanayru Province
    Army of the Dead - Ikana
    Ents - Deku Trees

Only race I could not find a comparison for was the Lizalfos.

Takashi Tezuka, the often uncredited creator of lore and races for the first few Zelda games often contributes a lot of his inspiration to LOTR. It's no surprise there are parallels between the races of Middle Earth and Hyrule in terms of their role and personality, even if visually they look radically different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Tezuka

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

If you want a real copy cat of Warhammer, take Elder Scrolls.

Bretons - Bretonnia
    Empire (Cyrodiil) - Empire
    Argonians - Lizardmen
    Khajiit - well... I can't think of any Catmen in Warhammer but there are Ratmen called Skaven. (compare that to Skyrim rats called Skeever)
    Orcs - Orks
    High Elves - High Elves
    Dark Elves - Dark Elves
    Wood Elves - Wood Elves
    Redguard - Excuse this heresy but I forgot the name of the Desert-dwelling Sultan-led kingdom in Warhammer.
    Nords - Nordland and Norsca Northmen
    Oblivion - Chaos (all of it)
    Compare Elder Scrolls source of power (ancient scrolls) with Warhammer Hgih Elf Loremaster lore.

I could probably expand this list a lot further if I was more into both Elder Scroll lore and Warhammer Fantasy lore. Honestly though, Elder Scrolls doesn't even attempt to conceal its allusions to Warhammer Fantasy.
    Last edited by Avatar of the Ice Wolf; July 22, 2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Spelling error

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    If you want a real copy cat of Warhammer, take Elder Scrolls.

Bretons - Bretonnia
    Empire (Cyrodiil) - Empire
    Argonians - Lizardmen
    Khajiit - well... I can't think of any Catmen in Warhammer but there are Ratmen called Skaven. (compare that to Skyrim rats called Skeever)
    Orcs - Orks
    High Elves - High Elves
    Dark Elves - Dark Elves
    Wood Elves - Wood Elves
    Redguard - Excuse this heresy but I forgot the name of the Desert-dwelling Sultan-led kingdom in Warhammer.
    Nords - Nordland and Norsca Northmen
    Oblivion - Chaos (all of it)
    Compare Elder Scrolls source of power (ancient scrolls) with Warhammer Hgih Elf Loremaster lore.

I could probably expand this list a lot further if I was more into both Elder Scroll lore and Warhammer Fantasy lore. Honestly though, Elder Scrolls doesn't even attempt to conceal its allusions to Warhammer Fantasy.
    Add in the Deadric Princes = Gods of Chaos.

Mehrunes Dagon = Khorne
    Sanguine = Slaanesh
    Periyte (sp?)/ Namria = Nurgle
    Ogmha infinium dude = Tzeentch

Calling Bretonnia Britannia?

I totally deserved that, after pulling a SHAMEFUR DISPRAY on you like 5 times.

I see this thread and I'm hoping that Pilgrim will include HTW in his TATW vs COW mod.

Thanks guys. Thanks for that.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Compared to LOTR:

Gondor - Hylians
    Rohan - Ordona Province
    Isengard - Darknuts
    Mordor - Moblins
    Haradrim - Gerudo
    Elves - Zora
    Dwarves - Gorons
    Hobbits - Kokiri
    Ungoilants - Gohma
    Nazgul - Stalfos
    Númenóreans - Sheikah
    Goblins - Deku
    Rhun - Labrynna
    Men of Dale - Lanayru Province
    Army of the Dead - Ikana
    Ents - Deku Trees

Only race I could not find a comparison for was the Lizalfos.
    Lizalfos - Orcs of Gundabad? Mostly wild, but there's still very much a control center there?

Also, while I agree about everything, I think you could also split elves into High Elves (Zora) and Sylvan Elves (Lanayru), and change Dale to Labrynna.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Add in the Deadric Princes = Gods of Chaos.

Mehrunes Dagon = Khorne
    Sanguine = Slaanesh
    Periyte (sp?)/ Namria = Nurgle
    Ogmha infinium dude = Tzeentch
    That was what I was trying to say with my Oblivion - Chaos reference. (compare planes of oblivion with the warp and compare daedric princes with Chaos gods.)

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I don't think I'd necessarily call it the hell of Zelda, but when I played Majora's Mask I definitely got a purgatory vibe from the place: Looping days endlessly, people confused and unable to solve unhealthy psychological problems, the fact that almost every character in the game looked like people Link knew, and all the anti Goddess imagery found everywhere (particularly in Ikana). To me that game was about Link overcoming his psychological issue of loneliness and realizing that there are many friends to be had in the world rather then the one he fixated on after she left him. Termina manifested as it did because it was Link's personal idea of purgatory and what he needed to face in order to overcome his psychological problem. I imagine Termina probably looks different for every individual that ends up there.
    wow i never thought of it like that fascinating insight Neph
    I shall consume... consume everything

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    wow i never thought of it like that fascinating insight Neph
    Termina always did seem to have a very metaphysical and "state of being" quality to it, especially the method of getting there. For all we know Link could have been in a coma when Epona tossed him off of her at the start of the game, and Termina was just his mind trying to get out of the coma. It's why I always find it odd when I see people make maps where Termina is physically plopped right next to Hyrule as if you could just take a casual walk there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast