Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Labrynna Regime

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Faction - Labrynna Regime

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    By deserving it.
    Apparently i deserve it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    By deserving it.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    how do i use the almighty Meltagun smiley?
    Just right-click and select "Copy Image"

I have plenty more
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; July 30, 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

My response:

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    My response:

yes, i am quite proud of that particular bit of storytelling. those three smileys tell a better story than Spirit Tracks.

yes, i am quite proud of that particular bit of storytelling. those three smileys tell a better story than Spirit Tracks.
    Well, considering even I, as someone who liked Spirit Tracks, thought the story was absolute rubbish, I and most of the rest of the Zelda fanbase agree 100%.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

VGF254's Avatar Civis

what about Yoll gravekeepers armed with ethier a sythe or spear

I think it'd be interesting to see the Labryannans get some Pikemen. It fits with their Renaissance feel, and gives them yet another spear unit.

Also I would love for them to get some cav at some point, especially Gunner cav if at all possible.

{Gunner cav} do you mean Gunner cavalry? if that's the case. I recommend dragoons a light cavalry with pistols and a saber. USA revolutionary war had them. after the gunners fired a few shots. the dragoons charged in to complete the rout and kill fleeing solders.
    can't go wrong with classics.

I think it'd be interesting to see the Labryannans get some Pikemen. It fits with their Renaissance feel, and gives them yet another spear unit.
    Being so Renaissance-y, I think Labrynna should build its armies on a Spanish Tercio style: gunners, long range pikemen (this unit should be new), short range infantry; aided by cavalry, both melee and gunners. But mostly infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by catnip513 View Post
    If there is one unit that I find in this faction to be somewhat overpowered, it's those gunner posts.
    They really need to be toned down. They bring a massive advantage on the strategy map as it seems they add up massively against auto-rolls. Plus annoyingly they stack their armies with the things, meaning the only way to kill them is with long range artillery/archers out of their range because it only takes seconds for them to destroy another unit. It is really, really dull. For this reason I absolutely hate fighting labrynna and kokiri.

I don't know how you could fix this, perhaps limiting the units max, if there is such a thing.

I like the idea of it as being a support that can help retreating troops but not when it basically is the army itself.

I actually find those things relatively easy to take out. Unless of course you only have melee left, at which point it is near impossible unless you swarm (Miniblins).

Vostroyan1st's Avatar Laetus

I actually find those things relatively easy to take out. Unless of course you only have melee left, at which point it is near impossible unless you swarm (Miniblins).
    I have to agree, those wondrous reload times (Or hellish if your using them to steamroll the world ) are your biggest advantage against them. Even if they fired staggeringly it cuts the effective damage and gives Cav/Melee the greatest rushing potential where 70% of Labrynna dies like fish in a barrel.

same one wanted to give the Labrynna Regime a Calvary unit. for that, I would recommend You guise looking up Medieval War wagon, and Medieval battle wagons.
    its more of there style. I think.
    the War wagon on this link should prove my point. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_wagon

They are easy with the right artillery/missile. What the problem is is that going out of range and attacking these static objects seems like cheating/exploiting and is really boring/long winded. As I said I think they do add an interesting dynamic for armies who are prone to run but when the NPCs start stacking their armies with them it makes fighting said factions just a chore.

I had this problem with the Kokiri in my Goron campaign.

Especially since my guys had such low numbers that they were really easily stunlocked.

Say anybody had a repetitive crash with this faction right after the negosiation of the Tokay when it arrive to the neutral turn?

@ BarrelDragons
    Yes it CTD evey time. i had to stop playing this faction. I hope the patch fixes this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 51 View Post
    I had this problem with the Kokiri in my Goron campaign.

Especially since my guys had such low numbers that they were really easily stunlocked.
    Powder keg launchers solve all problems.

Would it be possible to make them highly susceptible to fire arrows, as well as make them damage units that are close by when set alight?

On another note, have the cavalry units for the Labrynnians been decided yet? If not, might I suggest the use of dodongos as mounts? While they might work better as the mounts of the Tokay (hopefully they wouldn't be viewed by them as food), they could serve as much more stable 'platforms' for gunners to shoot from (or just a large gun instead), and could contrast with those of the gorons by being clad in (potentially inhibitive) ornate armor, and with possibly having been made more docile via a primitive form of lobotomization. Mounts like these could show off the power of the Labrynna Regime and its ability to conquer any natural challenge through their technological superiority.

These dodongos could be further differentiated from Death Mountain dodongos by using a slightly different model, one based around dodongos encountered in the Oracle games, featuring a spiny frill, larger spikes, red scales, and an amphibious natures. These Labrynna Dodongos could be descended from those of Death Mountain that migrated out ages ago.

Basically a mix between:

and

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast