Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faction - Sheikah Cadre

Default Re: Faction - Sheikah Cadre

so i began a campaign as the cadre, entered death stance on turn one and quickly captured 3 settlements and built an army quickly and assaulted my biggest theat, the kokiri. no matter what i could not win against their might of numbers. Seeing this i began 1 on 1 battles in custom battles and kokiri militia beat every unit of sheikah cadre, even the soldiers of Agahnim

Quote Originally Posted by Saria's Vanguard View Post
    so i began a campaign as the cadre, entered death stance on turn one
    ur doin' it wrong.

But...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saria's Vanguard View Post
    Seeing this i began 1 on 1 battles in custom battles and kokiri militia beat every unit of sheikah cadre, even the soldiers of Agahnim
    this might be something that needs attention.

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Had an interesting conversation with Avatar today. I was looking over the description for the 'solders of Aghanim' unit, and it said they were brainwashed by the Lens of Truth. Got me wondering about a small change.

So long as Aghanim is in power, give him the Lens of Truth as a retinue item, like Zelda has her swords or Raru has the Staff of Light.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    brainwashed by the Lens of Truth.
    They were brainwashed by the Eye of Truth, an object that works quite opposite. Agahnim should have this in his retinue already.

I'd just like to point out that some of the animations, particularly during the killmoves, are a bit funky. The wrist seems to rotate in all sorts of odd ways, and the weapon doesn't seem to make contact with the enemy. One of the few exceptions to this, based on my observations, is the one where the killer stabs the victim and forces the victim to his knees, before following with that massive uppercut shot. (Observations thus far are based primarily on the Soldiers of Agahnim; I can't say whether or not this weirdness applies to the Sheikah monks. Since the majority of other troops the Sheikah field use an inverted grip, I've really not noticed or watched for strange animations.)

Two lesser notes: Does anyone else think the Soldiers of Agahnim aren't performing on par with their listed stats? They have decent stats and far more troops than any other Sheikah unit, but they seem to be largely combat-ineffective. Is it just me being dumb, or is there something else at work here?

And on another note: how common is it for Hyrule to turn on the Sheikah within the first 10 turns? I've attempted to run two Sheikah campaigns in the last couple days, and both times I got betrayed. If this happens, what's the appropriate response? I've switched over to Death Stance and am attempting to fight Hyrule to some sort of stalemate until they ask for peace, and then... I guess I switch back over to Shadow Stance and continue turning over anything I capture to them?

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    And on another note: how common is it for Hyrule to turn on the Sheikah within the first 10 turns? I've attempted to run two Sheikah campaigns in the last couple days, and both times I got betrayed. If this happens, what's the appropriate response? I've switched over to Death Stance and am attempting to fight Hyrule to some sort of stalemate until they ask for peace, and then... I guess I switch back over to Shadow Stance and continue turning over anything I capture to them?
    Erm. . . well, cities only switch over if you STAY in shadow stance during that turn, and you don't have to agree to switch over to death stance once the turn starts. I guess you could send some shiekah over to a rebel settlement far away from any major empires and, should you need to switch to death stance, you could at least capture it before you switched over to death stance? Would that make it your capital? Or does switching over to death stance force you into having Kakariko as your capital? Of course, then Kakariko would suffer damage to public order from being so far away from the capital, but still. . .

Arise, my army!

Don't know if I got everything you said right, but in this game you can simply elect a new city as your capital if your current one does not suit you. I actually did a Gerudo game where I sent everyone to Labrynna while on Shadow Stance, switched to Death Stance (that gave me Kakariko as a capital), conquered Labrynna, and then choose Labrynna city as my new capital.

Concerning the soldiers of Agahnim, I actually found them quite good, considering they are low-tier infantry. Of course, they pale in comparison to sheikah spies or assassins, but I found them to be efficient against other factions basic infantry. Certainly not your best damage dealers, but they do their part.

Just a question, am I an idiot, or are Archers of Agahnim not in the campaign yet?

I don't believe they are in yet

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

To my knowledge not even the Devoured and Truthbearers are.

Assuming I'm not missing something blindingly obvious, do the sheikah not have any access to diplomats? If so that seems counter-intuitive as their whole shtick is intrigue, and playing people off of eachother, it seems to me that is much harder to accomplish without being able to bribe, convince neighbors to war, and in general pull shenanigans with that particular agent.

Of course it's entirely possible I'm missing an obvious thing here, or that it's still WIP/whatever, (if so, I'd love to hear about it) but if they don't have it and there are no plans for them to have one... I'm curious as to the reason.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

They are a faction still in Alpha and are thus still WIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    They are a faction still in Alpha and are thus still WIP.
    Fair enough, it just jumped out at me and I guess that answers my concern, if that part isn't done, it isn't done. I was just wondering if it was in the plan or not.

cowsaresomething's Avatar Foederatus

Would it be possible to alter the win conditions for Sheikah (to better represent that they are a part/controller of Hyrule) to Hyrule and/or Sheikah must control 40 territories and Hyrule and Sheikah must be allies?

I Think there needs to be 4 changes for the Sheikah Cadre.

1) I believe all Sheikah Units/Generals/Heros should be able to do Night Raids.
    -Their Ninja after all. Why would the Sheikah attack an enemy that knows their attacking. And why would the sheikah fight head on.

2) At The Sheikah faction capital Kikoriko(I don't think I spelled that right. ). I Think the Sheikah should be able to hire Spy Mercenaries that are Sheikah spies.
    -The Reason for this is. The Sheikah should have a massive spy network and the ability to instantly invade a settlement by using a spy to open the gates. And they should be able to get spies(in large number if possible) in ether shadow or death stances alike.

3) The Sheikah AI should be Modified to be heavily Spy oriented as well as act largely special ops oriented. Unless Hyrule is Near Defeat. In that case the AI should go in to Death stance, to expand and help Hyrule. But after Hyrule is Saved from Defeat. The AI should go back in to Shadow stance.

4) Lastly, as it was stated before. Is it possible to have 2 Separate win conditions for the Sheikah. And they can win ether way.
    -First win condition: If Hyrule Win the game. So do the Sheikah Cadre.
    -Second win condition: If the Sheikah Cadre take and control some many Settlements. Irrelevant of Hyrule's condition, the Sheikah win.
    Last edited by Eldren; November 20, 2014 at 04:46 PM.

Senator

You'd need some serious AI modding to get the Sheikah to follow such instructions Eldren, or complicated scripting. Still, damn good points.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12