Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Faction - Stalfos

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Faction - Stalfos

What I would like more is to see a Graveyard system in place. Maybe some sort of Bone Pits, or Accursed Crypt type of thing which can recruit with rupees, but it can ONLY replenish units based off of enemy defeats in that region.

It would be like the intended Dishonor system for Darknuts: every time you lose a battle in that region, you unlock more and more troops of that type. Instead, its every time an enemy faction loses in your territory, you gain a 'charge' of that unit type. They will not refresh normally, and they could have a fairly large maximum poop to reflect the fact that those bones keep piling up. This way you can save up on some of your units that you couldn't get once a faction is defeated.

It is annoying that they don't represent at least every species, but what can they do with all these limits in the game?

Edit:
    Apparently Graveyards exist, but to a different extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cael118 View Post
    If they kill the wild animals what do you think they would get? there are so many varieties of them i would not be able to chose XD.
    I'd wager Stalhounds would be a good bet.
    Last edited by Drazule; July 12, 2014 at 09:38 PM.

Yeah, pretty much 90% of the relationships Ferna posted seem very fitting and appropriate. I can also see them gaining nothing from the Ikana, considering it'd be kind of hard to raise the already undead to your side. The only omissions that really bug me (no pun intended) are the lack of neutral factions, Gohma, and Gorons.

Tokay could probably share Stalfos Lizal, considering they're both lizardlike factions. Horons could be like their sister faction of Labrynnia and also gain Staltroops. I don't know exactly how accurate it would, but the robed desert Zuna could easily rise into similar versions of the Stalfos Gerudo. The Church of Majora, considering its hodgepodge nature, could just provide a random unit. The Subrosians could be exclusively Stalkin because they're already rather small maybe.

Also, Wizrobes say on the Wiki they're supposed to provide Scythe Lords, so they could probably be updated to provide that change. It'd be ore interesting than yet another Staltroop at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop The Time View Post
    The only omissions that really bug me (no pun intended) are the lack of neutral factions, Gohma, and Gorons.
    Unfortunately the Stalfos already have 13 units (while the standard roster size in this mod is 12), so there won't be any new Stalfos units.

Quote Originally Posted by HTD View Post
    Unfortunately the Stalfos already have 13 units (while the standard roster size in this mod is 12), so there won't be any new Stalfos units.
    Agreed there. While some kind of undead husk would solve the problems of missing Huskus and Ghoma recruits, it is probably a way better use of development time to distribute pre existing Stalfos units to the rest of the nonplayable factions. Hopefully the suggestions I made work well enough for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop The Time View Post
    The only omissions that really bug me (no pun intended) are the lack of neutral factions, Gohma, and Gorons.
    But the Stalfos don't have Artillery. So in their place, maybe we could have some more units.
    For the Gorons, there was talk of having a stalfos unit called Dead Rocks.
    I have a few ideas for what the Gohma Stalfos unit would be called.
    It would have some thing to do with animating the broken parts of a Gohma's exoskeleton.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1) Chitin Chimera
    2) Gohma Chimera
    3) Chitin Zombie
    4) Chitin Ghoul
    5) Chitin Homunculus

I'm having trouble pinpointing the right name for some undead that is pieced together by spare parts. Like a frankenstein.
    I tryed this wiki and other stuff I thought would be close. But I don't know.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undead

Does any one have some better names then the ones I gave?
    Last edited by Eldren; August 11, 2014 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    But the Stalfos don't have Artillery. So in their place, maybe we could have some more units.
    No, HTW factions are not homogenised and UN has no plans at all to give every faction every single type of unit.

No, HTW factions are not homogenised and UN has no plans at all to give every faction every single type of unit.
    I don't under stand your statement. Can you clarify?

I don't under stand your statement. Can you clarify?
    Not every faction has to have every unit type. Darknuts lack ranged, Labrynna lacks cavalry, Stalfos lack artillery.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Not every faction has to have every unit type. Darknuts lack ranged, Labrynna lacks cavalry, Stalfos lack artillery.
    I know this. I was saying that there is 13 units for each faction. Please 2 siege Artillery for each faction. (Correct me if i'm wrong on that.)
    So because the stolfose have 14 units and no artillery. Why not give them an other unit. To make it an even 15 units for all main factions.

I think my numbers are off.

I know this. I was saying that there is 13 units for each faction. Please 2 siege Artillery for each faction. (Correct me if i'm wrong on that.)
    So because the stolfose have 14 units and no artillery. Why not give them an other unit. To make it an even 15 units for all main factions.

I was just translating.
    Either way, ever faction has 13 units, the Stalfos have 14, and there is no practical room left for more units. If this were to ever happen, we would have to wait a very long time for memory editing to become a thing.

Artillery all count towards the 13 unit roster size as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    I was just translating.
    Thanks for translating.

Artillery all count towards the 13 unit roster size as well.
    Strange... I don't remember that. I guess I'll just have to go to the Custom Game Menu in HTW. And see for my self.
    Well thanks for the heads up HTD.

Stalfos lack any artillery, cavalry, long range units. Their entire army consists solely of Spear, Light Infantry, and Heavy Infantry, the Hounds don't count as cavalry in game.

Quote Originally Posted by link99918 View Post
    Stalfos lack any artillery, cavalry, long range units. Their entire army consists solely of Spear, Light Infantry, and Heavy Infantry, the Hounds don't count as cavalry in game.
    coughBubbles, Rotting Scrubs and Scythe Lordscough

coughBubbles, Rotting Scrubs and Scythe Lordscough
    Haven't got. Range is ridiculously small more like siege craft take AGES to fire one shot.

3 things:

1) So I finally came up with a name for the Gohma Undead.
    Fractured Carapace: Meaning Broken Exoskeleton.
    The unit would fight and look like Gohma Larva. But Would be made up of Shards of Exoskeletons.

2) Then again Gohma Undead could be impossible, do to them not being sentient alone/by them selves. Then again there are undead Dogs. But you could Chuck that up to, "All Dogs go to haven". In other words they have a soul, unlike other Animals that are not undead even though they could be useful. Like Horses, Battle Crabs, And other mounts.

3) People have said that Undead Gorons would be called Dead Rocks.
    But if we follow how Stolfos occur. They can only raise from the dead things with souls. And things that are Organic.
    Gorons with souls. Check. Organic Gorons.... Well their made of rocks, Cristals, and Minerals. So by this standard, I guess Stolfos can't raise undead Gorons.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
    UN has no plans for a Stalfos Goron, Gohma, Ikana or Twili unit.

I don't know if they were scrapped, but I'm pretty sure there -were- plans for DeadRocks.

Don't know if this has been answered already or somewhere else but:

When playing as the Stalfos, does executing prisoners help add to the total number of troops risen by the necromancer?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789