Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Darknut Legion

Default Re: Faction - Darknut Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    @UndyingNephalim

Is it possible to use that script in conjunction with military ranking < 1 in what would equate to an "and" condition?
    Yes that would be best, if you could make a script that says if faction has < 1 settlements and < 1 military units. Cause I agree a faction shouldn't be destroyed if they have a army left, but when they dont, well...............

In my campaign the Zora Domain are utterly defeated, no units no settlements, yet at the end of my turn I have to wait for their 3 dam diplomats to try to talk to me, which they never do they just do that stupid motion at my city and never open diplomecy. So annoying, and Laybrnna doesnt have assassins to get rid of them.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Actually, now that I think about it I think I'll just join the game as the Zuna, piss off the gerudo and lose-it's about ten turns to recruit one unit of zuna-then disable fog of war and watch how the AI wages war. And watch the Darknuts curb stomp the Gerudo because they feel like it again.

Arise, my army!

Quote Originally Posted by Xebenkeck View Post
    Yes that would be best, if you could make a script that says if faction has < 1 settlements and < 1 military units. Cause I agree a faction shouldn't be destroyed if they have a army left, but when they dont, well...............

In my campaign the Zora Domain are utterly defeated, no units no settlements, yet at the end of my turn I have to wait for their 3 dam diplomats to try to talk to me, which they never do they just do that stupid motion at my city and never open diplomecy. So annoying, and Laybrnna doesnt have assassins to get rid of them.
    Well... yes? Then again, I would like to experiment with using a single remnant assassin after letting all my settlements get taken. But I can see how annoying the whole diplomat problem could be.

If you don't mind, would it be much trouble to include a .txt file that tells us where some scripts are as a sort of "options" menu? Would also help newcomers trying to set a faction as playable in campaign or custom, along with changing a few other scripts that won't totally break the game if changed.

Arise, my army!

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    It's possible for a faction to still be defeated with a nice settlements < 1 script, I've just not put it in yet and I'm not sure if I will. I like the idea of a few leftover units trying to rebuild from nothing.
    Would it be possible to use that settlements <1 script to end a faction's involvement in any wars? It kind of bothers me that after I completely conquered an opposing faction I'm still considered at war with them.

there are still problems with Darknut Legion loyalty. several in the past and present have stated that their armies and generals rebel against them. they have no deity worship. yes. but they have a strict honor-bound code{the samurai did. and in assassins creed. the assassins were anti-templar [a heavy religious faction]}. so give them a structure that counters Religion, by claiming the Darknut Legion creed or style of life and that style of life. does not agree with other beliefs/Religion.

I stand corrected of inexperience. I've playing the Darknuts now. I've not had an issue with loyalty. except once. if you play the Darknut you must put Public relation first. the how to be Darknut leader, pop up at the beginning helps well. I became the most powerful faction, with the most Territory first thing with mass mercenary recruitment. Hyrule only serpast me for 1 turn in the most powerful. and i think to increase loyalty of a unit/general you need to let them sit at one of your cities that have +25% law bust buildings for a bit. the new general i got went rogue when i sent him mercenary recruiting at the first chance i got. also if a town doesn't like you do all you can to apeas them. until you can brainwash them to perfect loyalty. lower the taxes, that's how I kept my secant town long enough to get troops there. the darknut work well with most of the units or at lest the beginning ones as mercenary. and i say again don't ignore the how to be Darknut leader, pop up at the start. sorry for the misunderstanding i had by taking people's word and not playing it to find out. "keep in mind. believe true non of what you heir. and believe true only half of what you see." Impa sage of shadows.
    i may have miss said that. I spoke it from memory.

Laetus

I have a question: considering the darknut soldier has big man that can cut like 3 people in a single slice could we make some of them like elephant? that may definitively resolve the problem of no counter attack when surrounded for the small unit (if I remember, the darknut have now bigger unit) and given then the faculty to hit multiple target. in a such case, they will be vunerable to spear unit which I think is normal when you move slow and you have only a sword. Also, did they will have some kind of personal mercenary du to they lord race trait of faction?

ps: if this have any fault, well I do my best to dont do it next time.

Just finished a long campaign with the Darknuts, and my feedback amounts to… well… I loved them. And I mean, really. At first, that whole “everybody moving at slug spead and no arrows for you” sounded like those guys would be absolutly impossible to play on a campaign map, but those avian knights running almost as fast as horses really save the day. With them to take care of those annoying archers and siege weaponry, it is perfectly possible to survive long enough to get to close combat in open battles… Well, so long as you are not playing against mounted archers (I learned the hard way that the sanest decision considering gerudos is to make them my allies and let someone else deal with them while I’m conquering Ghoma or the Mobgoblins.)

And in siege situations… Well, they are just perfect. Those guys are first grade fortress busters, and their special ram only makes things better. The only thing that actually killed a whole bunch of them more often than not was boiling oil, so I ended up not using the cool ram against stone walls, preferring siege towers.

The sole thing I found a bit strange is that ability to actually build ruins in cities and castles. It’s easy to exploit to get a nice and healthy relic revenue for the whole game. But I guess that was meant to enhance an otherwise quite poor economy.

Plus, their armors are cool.

(As for the loyalty issue, I had it a few times. The fun thing being that the one deserting was that god-like faction leader whoes name I forgot. If the leader deserts his own country, does that makes everyone in the country the rebel ones? )

Quote Originally Posted by Mahat View Post
    (As for the loyalty issue, I had it a few times. The fun thing being that the one deserting was that god-like faction leader whoes name I forgot. If the leader deserts his own country, does that makes everyone in the country the rebel ones? )
    Zalunbar. Good question though. . . might want to add a few more loyalty boosting traits onto him.

Wait, what? Now that I think about it, isn't he maxed out in loyalty already? Or am I confused?

Also, in regards to Fokka Knights, last I checked they even have enough mass to knock cavalry into the air with a good charge.

Arise, my army!

One problem that i have as the darknuts is that the fokka knights have a lot harder time killer routing units then they should. They keep charging them and knocking them down, but that doesn't actually kill them, It would be nice if they could more effectively kill routing units.

Wait, what? Now that I think about it, isn't he maxed out in loyalty already? Or am I confused?
    No, he starts with 5 in loyalty. What he does have are authority boosting traits: "Total Authoritarian", "Holier than Thou" and "Has no Fear"... So he would make a great leader, but there are none in this game. Also, I always wondered how the "Authority" stat of the faction leader worked in correlation with the "Loyalty" stat of his followers... As this mod does not have any leaders to begin with, is the game even able to use the loyalty stat of our generals without any authority stat to compare it to?

One problem that i have as the darknuts is that the fokka knights have a lot harder time killer routing units then they should. They keep charging them and knocking them down, but that doesn't actually kill them, It would be nice if they could more effectively kill routing units.
    True, I saw that happen quite a few times. They still manage to kill them in the long run I think. Either way, killing fleing ennemies might very well be frowned upon by the Darknuts. They seem already pretty far gone in that "honor before reason" mentality.

. . . In another vein of discussion, I'm still wondering if it's possible to give specific armies Mercenary pools that only they can recruit from.

Arise, my army!

I think it can only be done for specific cultures, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Well, luckily, The Darknuts ARE Their own culture! It's required to get their special ram to work.

I think the Zuna are also Darknut, as they use the Darknut UI when played as.

Arise, my army!

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

So this is my first post here so I'm gonna start off with how much I love this mod, which is a lot.

BUT...Is Zalunbar supposed to be able to betray me on turn six? Because that happend.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    So this is my first post here so I'm gonna start off with how much I love this mod, which is a lot.

BUT...Is Zalunbar supposed to be able to betray me on turn six? Because that happend.
    Hi Drazule and welcome to the mod and its forums!

Did Zalunbar become a rebel general and take whatever units you had with him? That happens with generals sometimes (and on account of how Nephalim set up the mod, all commanders count as generals instead of family members), they can abandon the national cause if banditry appeals to them at the time. Or if another faction's diplomat bribes them enough, which is also a thing. It's not something story-based (to my knowledge), at least.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by VictorAYorke View Post
    Hi Drazule and welcome to the mod and its forums!

Did Zalunbar become a rebel general and take whatever units you had with him? That happens with generals sometimes (and on account of how Nephalim set up the mod, all commanders count as generals instead of family members), they can abandon the national cause if banditry appeals to them at the time. Or if another faction's diplomat bribes them enough, which is also a thing. It's not something story-based (to my knowledge), at least.
    Thanks! That makes sense (as far as coding goes).
    He did become a rebel general and take all my forces with him. It was kind of funny seeing my faction leader and self proclaimed god to go ahead and rebel against his own kingdom.

Coffeemancer's Avatar Foederatus

How do you reckon these fellas would do as mercenaries in the Darknut region?
    http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Doomknocker
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mh, hi first of all.

I must say I've not played the Darknut legion in the campaign, but I have faced them a lot and played them in custom battles.

Honestly to me, they feel a lot like the guys in black in this video:

Really overwhelming and strong. The think is I think the darknuts would do good with something like the black machine in minute 1:00, something that is "kind" of a siege weapon, but that uses a -sword- as main weapon, like a melee siege weapon.

This would not go against their martial code, of only fighting with swords (its weapon would simply be an oversized sword) and it could be employed to crush walls or similar, allowing them to break through fortresses by other means than crushing the door with the ram.

What do you think about it?

Damn video not working... -.-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZpAdxdBJI

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast