Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Darknut Legion

Default Re: Faction - Darknut Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Zectorman View Post
    So I think In the end what we are all saying is that the dark nuts are English, and the fokkaand zuna need to have a revolution to get away from oppressive taxes and laws that only serve the dark nuts!

.... And I think the folks should be more like basic infantry

i now have an image of Darknuts sitting down in full armor sipping tea from tiny little fancy china cups with their pinkies extended.........

so, Darknut basic infantry, are we all agreed that the fokka should fill the role?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    i now have an image of Darknuts sitting down in full armor sipping tea from tiny little fancy china cups with their pinkies extended.........
    It should be done, for science.
    Last edited by DiddlyDark; January 20, 2014 at 09:54 PM.

no, it took me forever to find an avatar i like, so the Stephanie Brown version of Batgirl shall stay!
    Ok, but can't you crop it a little better? She's so tiny...

Wouldn't imagery from the Knights of the Round Table fit better?

so, Darknut basic infantry, are we all agreed that the fokka should fill the role?
    Eh, do you have any idea at all how many times this question has been asked and regularly met with a resounding "Give them Wosu/Tinsuits" response?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Ok, but can't you crop it a little better? She's so tiny...

Wouldn't imagery from the Knights of the Round Table fit better?

Eh, do you have any idea at all how many times this question has been asked and regularly met with a resounding "Give them Wosu/Tinsuits" response?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1: i am an idiot when it comes to stuff like that. i just found a pic and copied it.

3: works for me. i just think the Darknuts need some basic infantry. especially since their units are so small and public order is a pain to keep, and some basic grunts would help fill out their numbers.

2 things. aren't the Darknuts all about power. sow would it make sens for them to worship the Fierce deity as there Highest God. it would salve the public order Problem.

zacen299's Avatar Senator

Canada eh? well if your a Newfie according to Total Drama you speak in complete gibberish.

im in the Suburbs about an hour from Philly so i'm lucky enough to miss most of the accent out here. still have a few weird things like saying "Water" as "Wader" and stuff.

ANYWAY!! Darknuts, think we could mix some basic cannon fodder into them other than Zuna Mercs? maybe make the Fokka more numerous and used like basic infantry? seeing as how they are now Fokka are pretty much useless.

Also, i finally found an avatar!!! cheese for everyone!
    I know this is a month late but two things I have to say 1. Newfies do speak gibberish. They're Newfies. 2. You didn't see the good Total Drama. I know (at least for a while) the Cody almost suffocating in the statue of liberties boobs was cut for the Americans. (IIRC it later got added back in)

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd like to see the size of Darknut units upped a little. their unit sizes are so small that their effectiveness is severely lacking.

So considering the Darknut Legion has the Fokka within its ranks, why weren't the Fokkeru added as well?

They are the female versions of Fokka, and are a mix of a harpie and phoenix design wise. In AoL they were found in the great temple, and seeing as many people are saying the Darknut Legion is lacking in numbers, and resources then maybe this unit could be added to their ranks, as maybe a spear unit, or maybe even a missile unit.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Xebenkeck View Post
    So considering the Darknut Legion has the Fokka within its ranks, why weren't the Fokkeru added as well?

They are the female versions of Fokka, and are a mix of a harpie and phoenix design wise. In AoL they were found in the great temple, and seeing as many people are saying the Darknut Legion is lacking in numbers, and resources then maybe this unit could be added to their ranks, as maybe a spear unit, or maybe even a missile unit.
    I like this idea.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

They are the female versions of Fokka
    I really don't think that's the case. Not anymore so than the Bokoblins being the female version of the Moblin. They are just different but very closely related species.

maybe a spear unit, or maybe even a missile unit.
    Definitely a missile unit, all these guys did was bounce in place and shoot fireballs at you... some of which were guided fireballs (for crying out loud, like the constant stream was not enough??)

Are the Darknuts supposed to be completely apathetic to what goes on around them? Because they totally are. They leave the rebels around them alone for so long, I start beating up on them and giving them the regions afterwards in hope that they'll be useful allies.

Couldn't help but notice that they're the only faction without any specific goal other than "own 25/30 regions". I think these guys need some motivation to work with, so I thought of what kind of rival factions Darknut would have. The Darknuts don't seem as concerned with conquest as the other races. Not as much as they're content to sit in their cliff castles feeling superior. So I decided that the most natural rivals would be those that pose any kind of interesting challenge to them and their ideals.

Short game - Eliminate faction: Ikana

The strength of the long-gone nation of Ikana was said to be the stuff of legends. When they turn up in the history books, they are completely unstoppable in the face of any army on the earth, and before they could be proven otherwise, they vanished into thin air. Their recent emergence into Hyrule brings with it the rare opportunity to prove the Darknut Legion's martial superiority to the entire world.

Long game - Eliminate faction: Ikana, Own region: Lynna City

Rumours abound of a rapidly expanding kingdom far to the east. They say the soldiers in that land are equipped with strange weapons that can kill from great distances, with deadly precision. Those armed with sword and shield choose to flee and surrender in fear of these weapons of fire. It is agreed that this method of warfare is an insult to everything the Legion stands for. The world must be shown that some cowards on top of a hill hiding behind their shooting-staves is nothing compared to a Darknut and his sword. If we do not succeed, we will surely fade into history.

I have no idea if there already are plans to give them their own specific goals, but here's my 15 minutes, I guess.

@Godot

Eliminate faction is impossible as the game does not use family members. change Eliminate faction: Ikana to holding the Ikana Canyon. Aside from that, I think the way they have it now, with Imperial Superiority, works. They don't really have any rivals, and any number of factions can both challenge their martial power and be an insult to their method of warfare. Zora, Wizzrobes, and Fairies use magic, for instance. Gorons have powder kegs, which are even more effective than labrynnan weaponry. For martial challenge, it could be argued that Gohma, Gorons, and Hylians (Hylians have Ironclad Elites and Triforce Vanguards who are very powerful melee combatants) all have a stake in the martial power tourny.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

They want to be the very best, like no one ever was!

So because familys arent used, its impossible to get the faction destroyed feature to work in HTW? Thats depressing.

On the plus side, there's no game over, so you can't continue to watch how the situation evolves even after being completely wiped out if you're curious to see who ends up dominanting the campaign.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

It's possible for a faction to still be defeated with a nice settlements < 1 script, I've just not put it in yet and I'm not sure if I will. I like the idea of a few leftover units trying to rebuild from nothing.

@UndyingNephalim

Is it possible to use that script in conjunction with military ranking < 1 in what would equate to an "and" condition?

yeah right now on my campaign ive taken the goron settlements, but theyve got a pretty big army left which could be a threat should be interesting- though remaining at war with them doesnt make it easy to negotiate with other factions over potential alliances
    I shall consume... consume everything

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    yeah right now on my campaign ive taken the goron settlements, but theyve got a pretty big army left which could be a threat should be interesting- though remaining at war with them doesnt make it easy to negotiate with other factions over potential alliances
    Ses the Zora king.

sorry nintendo64isking couldn't help myself.
    like the Signature. by the way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast