Default Faction - Darknut Legion

Darknut Legion

Main Color: Gold
    Religion: Lesser Deity Worship
    Culture: Civilized
    Rival Factions: None
    Cordial Factions: Gerudo, Moblin, Zuna

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:

- Unmatched Armor: The Darknuts are infamous for their nearly impenetrable armor, making them pound for pound the most powerful soldiers in all of Hyule.
    - Heavy Contenders: Darknuts are all very slow and most are unable to run because of their massive armor.
    - Honor Bound: The Darknuts have a strict code of ethics and honor that prevents them from using weapons other then swords. As such they lack cavalry, archers, and other specialized units outside of infantry.
    - Lord Race: In the campaign, the Darknuts are nearly worshiped by the Fokka, and generally are aided by the Zuna of the Gerudo Desert. Mercenaries are also generally more willing to work for them regardless of pay.

How to Unlock in Campaign: Complete a short Campaign as the Gorons or a Long Campaign as any faction.

The Darknuts (the Gerudo word for Cliff Lords) are a canine race that originated from the mountain ranges west and south of the Gerudo desert. They are an ancient people, predated only by races of legend such as the Oocca and Fairies. In the past their civilization almost fell apart through civil warfare, and conflicts with border races such as the Gerudo and Moblins nearly resulted in the extinction of their race. Facing the end of their people the warring leaders decided to put aside their differences and declared that from there on out every single Darknut would be trained to be a disciplined and unstoppable warrior at adolescence. After devising a rigorous code from which to follow, the Darknut Legion and its infamous armored warriors were born. From an early age Darknuts are trained to wield the best armor, the biggest swords, and maintain the highest order of discipline to preserve their creed. Darknut philosophy places focus on the individual: if one soldier cannot master himself then it is impossible for him to function in a group. For this reason Darknuts often prefer to fight alone in engagements, leaving their comrades to their own devices when fighting against groups. When assembled into an army, the Darknuts are without a doubt the single most powerful force to walk Hyrule. This has come at a price however, as the Darknut Legion places focus on the sword. Their faction has no archers or cavalry at all, and is strictly infantry based. That, combined with their slow speed, makes them hard to master despite their obvious prowess in a hand-to-hand fight. Regardless, a wall of Darknuts shrugging off hundreds of arrows as they slowly advance is bound to put doubt into most armies that they face.

Darknut Legion Unit Roster

Standard Units
    Initiates
    Adepts
    Masters
    Mighties
    Legendaries
    Deities
    Fokka Knights
    Dishonored

Defensive Emplacements
    None

Siege Weaponry
    Siege Ram

Command Units
    Legion Heads
    Army Heads

Agents
    None

Heroes/Bosses:
    Zalunbar
    Senturon
    Onan

Special/Other Units:
    None

Initiates

As Darknut children come of age and pass into manhood, they are finally given the task of aiding in Darknut army movements. Compared to their older and more experienced fathers, these young Darknuts wear little armor and are more nimble on their feet. They act as improvised scouts and are ideal for catching enemies that are too fast for their heavily armored comrades to take down.

Adepts

The bulk of the Darknut forces, Adepts serve as all purpose footsoldiers, guardians, and police.Armed with a broadsword, shield, and a heavy suit of armor by many race's standards, Adepts are a powerful foe on the battlefield despite their fairly low rank amongst the Darknuts.

Masters

Partakers of past battles and skirmishes, Masters often serve as front line soldiers because of their experience should a Darknut army be formed. They prefer to work alone or as a commander of lesser Darknuts, but when gathered in a group they are a walking wall of death and destruction.

Mighties

Veterans of past conflicts the Darknuts have been part of, Mighties have seen their fair share of war and bloodshed. In most cases they operate alone as generals or high ranking commanders, but they can be assembled into groups should an enemy force prove to be resistant. There are few forces that can survive a group of Mighties working together in unison.

Legendaries

Elder heroes often spoken of in Darknut myths, Legendaries are old Darknuts nearing the end of their lives. Instigators of famous wars and battles of the past, Legendaries have given up their names and identities and instead serve as embodiments of the Darknut's creed. There are almost none in Hyrule who can confront a Legendary and hope to claim a victory.

Deities

A myth even to their own kind, Deities are perhaps the longest lived Darknuts that walk the land. Considered immortal by their own kind, Deities are virtually unstoppable should they appear from their place of hiding and join a fight on the battlefield. Stripped of all identity and their names erased from history, the Deities of the Legion embody the goal that all Darknut warriors intend to achieve.

Dishonored

Warriors that have commited some form of crime against the Legion in their service, Dishonored are banned from using the sacred Darknut's sword. Instead they wield massive maces designed to weigh them down even more. While their society looks down on them in shame, many enemies of the Darknuts would argue that the Dishonored are amongst the most deadliest of the Legion's soldiers because of their destructive weapon.

Darknut Siege Ram

Crafted from refined metals used in Darknut armor, these siege rams are virtually indestructible. The only sure way to stop this juggernaut from tearing down a castle wall is to kill the Darknuts operating it.

Fokka Knights

It is said in legends that the Fokka were once mere animals, and that the mighty Darknuts taught them to speak and to fight. A true tale or not, the Fokka revere the Darknuts as gods and are often found working under their command. While Fokka Knights might not have the sheer power their cerberi overlords possess, they are very nimble on their feet because of their avian ancestry.

Onan

A Darknut Mighty of no real standing, Onan's been shunned from fame by other more notable members of his race. He instead serves as an emissary of the Darknuts and works close with Agahnim on diplomatic issues. He may not speak his opinions much, but he believes the Darknut creed is flawed and too stubborn in its ideals and demands reconstruction.

Senturon

Not much is known of Senturon, a Darknut Master whom travels about Hyrule seeking historical relics instead of honing his combat skills. He is in particular obsessed with the history of many religions, notably that of the Hylians and their Goddesses. His current objective in life is to find clues as to the whereabouts of the Oocca, whom he beleives he will be able to learn powerful knowledge from.

Zalunbar

The undisputed leader of the Darknuts, Zalunbar is the longest lived of his kind and many believe him to be an immortal god. So great is the general respect of his people for him that they cover their eyes in his presence until he grants permission to be looked upon. His judgement is swift and absolute, a trait that more skeptical members of the Legion would question his validity were they not fearful of his wrath.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; August 22, 2012 at 09:32 PM.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Faction - Darknut Legion

you forgot Dishonored
    Droma: :Rosa

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    you forgot Dishonored
    Not sure how I forgot that...

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    you forgot Dishonored
    Kind of fitting, don't you think?

Ya know, I've been wondering, why not make Darknut priests female? I mean, with all the men filling military roles, there has to be someone to fill the ecclesiastical part, right? It would certainly give their females more usefulness than being baby makers, anyway.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

that reminds me, what do the females look like?

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    Ya know, I've been wondering, why not make Darknut priests female? I mean, with all the men filling military roles, there has to be someone to fill the ecclesiastical part, right? It would certainly give their females more usefulness than being baby makers, anyway.
    The way the Legion is, I see the men do all the killing and glory winning, I see the women doing EVERYTHING else. From hunting and farming, to running the cities, to making the clothes, to everything. Hell they would probably make the weapons and armor that they don't get from the Zuna.

It's Sparta minus the Helots, and with women filling in their place.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    The way the Legion is, I see the men do all the killing and glory winning, I see the women doing EVERYTHING else. From hunting and farming, to running the cities, to making the clothes, to everything. Hell they would probably make the weapons and armor that they don't get from the Zuna.

It's Sparta minus the Helots, and with women filling in their place.
    Yup, the Darknuts are very patriarchal. In fact, other then the Gorons and Moblins they are the only male dominant society in the game. Almost everyone else is matriarchal or somewhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Yup, the Darknuts are very patriarchal. In fact, other then the Gorons and Moblins they are the only male dominant society in the game. Almost everyone else is matriarchal or somewhere in between.
    And the Ikana and Stalfos.

EDIT: Sometimes I can't see that a post seems smartassy until after I post it...
    Last edited by Agent 51; July 28, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

What happened to death being the great equalizer?

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    What happened to death being the great equalizer?
    Until magic and gods get involved. Magic and gods are totally sexist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Quote Originally Posted by Zectorman View Post
    Until magic and gods get involved. Magic and gods are totally sexist
    Except there's Three Goddesses.

And the leader of the most powerful magic user factions (Fairies and Wizzrobes) are both lead by women.

So really it's just the undead that are sexist.

Those jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 51 View Post
    Except there's Three Goddesses.

And the leader of the most powerful magic user factions (Fairies and Wizzrobes) are both lead by women.

So really it's just the undead that are sexist.

Those jerks.
    Well apparently only death let's you escape the dominion of women. Since they got no rest in life, they have to come back to love the lives they never had free from the abuse of women!

Sexism (as Zectorman implies in his post) is whenever genders are not treated equally, not just when it's women being discriminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Sexism (as Zectorman implies in his post) is whenever genders are not treated equally, not just when it's women being discriminated.
    Precisely, chap, that is indeed the correct definition of the word. Unfortunately, I can never say that with a British accent, as I live in Canada.

Precisely, chap, that is indeed the correct definition of the word. Unfortunately, I can never say that with a British accent, as I live in Canada.

Canada eh? well if your a Newfie according to Total Drama you speak in complete gibberish.

im in the Suburbs about an hour from Philly so i'm lucky enough to miss most of the accent out here. still have a few weird things like saying "Water" as "Wader" and stuff.

ANYWAY!! Darknuts, think we could mix some basic cannon fodder into them other than Zuna Mercs? maybe make the Fokka more numerous and used like basic infantry? seeing as how they are now Fokka are pretty much useless.

Also, i finally found an avatar!!! cheese for everyone!

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Allow me. I am the most English person ever, with the possible exception of Stephen Fry.

I have actually said "Precisely, chap, that is indeed the correct definition of the word" out loud, just for you. I also added an "Indubitably" to the end, just for you. Now give me your resources at skewed trade rates, you colonials, and fight in my wars!

Hahaha, we get on really

@Mjolnir
    I can't eat cheese. I dieted a couple years back, lost a load of weight, and I'm still concious about putting it back on, so I have to avoid cheese. Kind of ironic, as Wensleydale is a famous cheese
    Also, I recognise you as one of those "no avatar" people. Get rid of it. I don't like change I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
    Last edited by Mattwensley; July 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    Allow me. I am the most English person ever, with the possible exception of Stephen Fry.

I have actually said "Precisely, chap, that is indeed the correct definition of the word" out loud, just for you. I also added an "Indubitably" to the end, just for you. Now give me your resources at skewed trade rates, you colonials, and fight in my wars!

Hahaha, we get on really

@Mjolnir
    I can't eat cheese. I dieted a couple years back, lost a load of weight, and I'm still concious about putting it back on, so I have to avoid cheese. Kind of ironic, as Wensleydale is a famous cheese
    Also, I recognise you as one of those "no avatar" people. Get rid of it. I don't like change I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!

if you're really the most English person ever, you must say "Pip Pip Old Boy", "Cheerio", "Cor Blimey" and other things that everybody knows English people say, despite the fact that nobody ever actually says them, English or not.

and no, it took me forever to find an avatar i like, so the Stephanie Brown version of Batgirl shall stay!

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I occasionally do say old chap, and other such phrases. I also face all bad times in life with what can only be described a 'stiff upper lip'.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

So I think In the end what we are all saying is that the dark nuts are English, and the fokkaand zuna need to have a revolution to get away from oppressive taxes and laws that only serve the dark nuts!

.... And I think the folks should be more like basic infantry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast