Default Faction - Moblins

Moblins

Main Color: Brown
    Religion: Lesser Deity Worship
    Culture: Barbaric
    Rival Factions: Ordona Province, Kingdom of Hyrule
    Cordial Factions: Darknut Legion

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:
    - Blood Thirsty: Moblins love to fight, and will usually run head on into any situation. As such they are the best chargers of any race.
    - Chaotic Army: Moblins are very disorganized and prefer to run into a fight as they see fit. As such they usually break formations shortly after they get into one.
    - Dimwitted Pigs: Blin creatures are remarkably stupid and can be difficult to give orders to.
    - Survival of the Fittest: Moblins have generally been forced to live in desolate wastelands with poor resources. As such they are better at surviving on limited income compared to other factions.

How to Unlock in Campaign: Complete a short Campaign as the Gerudo or a Long Campaign as any faction.

The Blin races of the southwest lands of Hyrule are one of the older races to inhabit the land. Most Blins are humanoid and share similar features, the most common being a piggish face. It's believed all Blin's shared a common ancestor, but over time their uncoordinated mating led to many changes. The dominate race of their kind would be the Moblins, the largest and strongest of the region. Leadership in their tribes is determined by who is the best, and by best that usually means who can bash in someone's head the fastest. Despite the fact that a majority of Moblins are rather unintelligent, figureheads of their kind tend to have unmatched cunning and in some cases tactical genius. As an army, the Moblins and their subjugated cousins are all bred for battle at birth. It's in their nature to fight, and they enjoy a good battle as much as any strong batch of ale. Their large size and lust for combat makes them a very aggressive army and one that's best suited for brute force and head on clashes. Despite this, the stupid intellect of most Moblins means that that are largely clumsy and uncoordinated in a fight. They'd rather fight amongst themselves to determine who gets to kill the soldier in front of them rather then work in unison to bring them down. Even with these drawbacks, a massive horde of Moblins can mow through most opposition with ease.

Moblin Unit Roster

Standard Units
    Miniblins
    Bokoblins
    Bulblins
    Boar Riders
    Mob of Moblins
    Moblin Grunts
    Forest Blins
    Bigblins

Defensive Emplacements
    None

Siege Weaponry
    Catapults

Command Units
    Moblin Chieftains
    Moblin Champions

Agents
    None

Heroes/Bosses:
    King Ganon
    Ogalon
    King Bulblin
    Demise

Special/Other Units:
    None

Miniblin Swarm

The smallest of the Blin creatures, Miniblins have long served as all purpose scouts, shock troops, and cannon fodder for their greater Moblin overlords. A tiny and frail creature that's easily bullied around by their larger brethren, the Miniblins nonetheless love the role that they have been put into as it lets them exercise their hyper aggressive and murderous tendencies. Many soldiers would rather face a giant Moblin then to be picked apart slowly by hundreds of Miniblin tridents.

Bokoblin

The primary footsoldier of the Moblin's crude army, Bokoblins are numerous and never in short order. While smaller then most humanoids, the Bokoblins nonetheless are violent fighters and easily make up for their short stature. Despite their eagerness to enter a fight, Bokoblins are not respected by their higher Blin cousins largely because Bokoblins will turn and run when their comrades start to fall around them. If one can keep the Bokoblins in a fight though, one can count on them to make short work of most enemies.

Bulblin Footmen

The masters of survival and warfare, the Bulblins make up the bulk of the Moblin fighting force. Their versatility in combat has landed them in many roles, though they most commonly serve as the primary foot soldiers and archers in most armies. Armed with a simple bow and club, Bulblins are equally deadly from a distance and up close in a bloody melee. Unlike most Blin creatures the Bulblins seem to have a code of honor and are more in control of themselves: as such they generally perform better in combat and are not scared away so easily.

Boar Riders

In the land of Moblins horses are not mounts, they are food. Instead the mighty boars native to the land are favored for their power and endurance. Mounted by Bulblins and armed with clubs, these boars have no trouble plowing through whatever the enemy throws at them, even other cavalry.

Mob of Moblins

While they may be the toughest and the largest of Blins, the majority of Moblins are far from the smartest creatures to walk Hyrule. Ridiculously easy to anger and upset, these lowly Moblins are little more then angry individuals that want to run around and maul whatever they can find to death. Armed with crude clubs and a mindless zeal to see everything in front of their small eyes turned into a bloody pulp, it's not uncommon to see Moblin armies unleash hordes of these untrained beasts unto their enemies before bringing in the more well equipped soldiers.

Moblin Grunts

Enforcers of the Moblin's power over the other Blin races, the Grunts act as an elite police force to make sure their cousin races stay in line and do no break out into civil war. Tall, naturally strong, and donned in a suit of crude but effective plate armor, the Grunts are more then a match for all but the biggest of Blin kind. When they are not crushing revolts they are serving as shock troops in most Moblin armies, bringing their favored spears to slay their enemies in battle.

Forest Blins

Distant relatives to all of Blin kind, these brutish warriors left the Old Moblin Kingdom and took refuge in many forests across Hyrule. They are much faster then their lumbering cousins but no less brutish.

Bigblins

The largest of Blin kind, Bigblins have little in terms of life goals outside of seeing just how many things they can smash before eating. The lines between animal and individual are blurred when the Bigblins are brought into question, but what is sharp is their brutality and dominance of the battlefield. Bigblins pretty much best anything they can get up close to, even larger or more heavily armed creatures. The only effective means of taking down these giant beasts are outnumbering them.

Moblin Catapult

Ornamented with various blades, these protrusions are more for show then practicality. Like most catapults, the Moblin variety has a simple purpose: to tear down enemy fortifications so that troops may storm a castle or city.

King Ganon

His parents murded and his homeland scorched by Hylian Knights during his childhood, Ganon made it his lifelong goal to return the favor. Despising everything about the Hylians, Ganon will not rest until he slaughters every single one of them and defiles their holy relics. A massive creature in his own right, while his size certainly is something to be terrified of the true feature of Ganon that all fear is his cunning and intelligence. While not exactly a scholar, Ganon's skill in commanding, organizing, and strategy nearly lead him to topple the Kingdom of Hyrule once and for all.

King Bulblin

King Ganon's right hand man, the master of Bulblin kind chose to loyally serve the Moblin lord after the leaders of the other Blin races were killed by him. Like Ganon, King Bulblin shows a level of cunning and intelligence above the average Blin individual. Unlike Ganon, who's focus is on the Kingdom of Hyrule, King Bulblin wishes to topple Ordona Province for taking over his people's land in times past.

Ogalon

When chaos breaks out within the Moblin's kingdoms and unrest ensues, Ogalon is sure to follow to put an end to the revolt. She is in charge of enforcing Moblin superiority amongst all the various Blin races and to ensure their focus is on the other races of Hyrule. Regardless of her race's viewpoints, she believes that the Moblins should focus on uniting their kind and building their kingdom rather then waging war on their neighbors.

Demise

A legendary ruler of the ancient Moblin Kingdom, Demise took in Ganon as a son after seeing his parents murdered and village burned by Hylian Knights. An elder Moblin nearing the end of his life, he devoted his remaining years to parting his knowledge and ambitions unto Ganon in hopes that he would bring the Kingdom to greatness. With Demise's final breath he made Ganon swear to seek out the Triforce, and to defile the Goddesses of Hyrule for blessing the Hylians and leaving the Moblins in ruins.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; September 08, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Faction - Moblins

are there going to be any more Forest Moblin units or just one?

Might I suggest that the Bulblin boar riders become missile cavalry since they already have bows on their backs? Not too much since they are pretty good melee cavalry already, but it would fit what with Bulblins already being the Moblins ranged unit.

Edit: damn iPhone and it's cursed spellcheck.
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; July 30, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    Might I suggest that the Bokoblin boar riders become middle cavalry since they already have bows on their backs? Not too much since they are pretty good melee cavalry already, but it would fit what with Bokoblins already being the Moblins ranged unit.
    i believe you mean Bulblins

I too think it would be a good idea for ranged cavalry.

Everything about the moblins are great, except (in my opinion) the second variation of the bulblins. In the bulblin unit there are the bulblins we know from twilight princess, and another kind of skinnier different looking bulblins that I think is a bit jarring stylistically. is there any way to alter the files to just have the one kind of bulblin?

I wouldn't know how, but I imagine it can't be very hard to do.

Stupid iPhone, and it's stupid spellcheck messing up my stupid posts and making me look like a stupid idiot.

Grrrrr........

Quote Originally Posted by Formann View Post
    Everything about the moblins are great, except (in my opinion) the second variation of the bulblins. In the bulblin unit there are the bulblins we know from twilight princess, and another kind of skinnier different looking bulblins that I think is a bit jarring stylistically. is there any way to alter the files to just have the one kind of bulblin?
    yeah, the masked bulblins look pretty baddass, but those skinny, lanky little wrecthes...
    ugh.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

... Is demise even bigger than Ganon?

some units that may fit. {I'm having trouble with post. sorry. so I'm using links. }

Taurus http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Taurus
    Rat http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Rat
    Lynel http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Lynel
    Hinox http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Hinox
    Last edited by Eldren; September 14, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Hinox are Mercs.

You know, I think the blins could use a unit to show how angry they could get.

I think if any faction deserves some type of Berserker, it's these guys.

Blinserkers, or if we REALLY want them to back a punch, Bigblinserkers!

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

The Miniblins need a slight nerf. To see two ruby guard units eaten alive by one unit of miniblins just isn't right.

i llok forward to seeing demise in the mod, he looks awesome
    I shall consume... consume everything

I agree with Emrys on the nerf. I have seen mininblins swallow armies way superior to them.

I think they should stay because of comic relief and its a southern force to oppose the growth of Ordona

NO!

They're my babies! Don't nerf them, ever!

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Nerf them! Not only is it silly that the throw away units are the best, but I want to feed on the tears of agent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

The mix of number, spears and morale makes them a dangerous foe. The numbers mean they can last a few volleys of arrows, the spears mean that you can't break their lines, and the morale means you need to kill practically every last one. So for Ordona, who have lackluster line soldiers, your only choice is to circle around and charge them in the back with cavalry.

Or charge them head on with Goat Lords. Aurum Ordona! Sol Ordona! Deas Ordona!
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Locking Miniblin morale was a mistake, they probably have that stat because they are the first unit in the EDU to follow the series of locked morale Stalfos units. I probably didn't notice that they were a Moblin unit when I was copy pasting the stat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast