Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Faction - Ordona Province

Default Re: Faction - Ordona Province

Medieval and Historical Firearms​ Know-it-All Incoming

If I had to guess, I would say that the helmet is probably simply hardened leather. Of course, I'm drawing from historical knowledge and I don't believe there was a single historical civilization to use all-leather helmets (or armor pieces on their own for that matter), but generally leather was by itself (within a single garment, I mean; very few accounts of leather armor by itself). Correct me if I'm wrong.

It would certainly be pretty protective if it were really layered on just that thick. Boiled leather is pretty tough.

Also, I'm not entirely sure you can really say it would stop firearm projectiles. Buffalo are resistant to bullets (both modern and historical) because of their tough, muscular frames and thick bones. A bit of their skin might not stop a bullet on its own.

Then again, is this cow leather or some mystical Zelda creature leather?

And also, on the note of the 'Partial' armor, that was indeed a thing. For a long time, pre-professional army raising and even a good ways into those times, armor had to be bought by the individual wearing them unless their master equipped them. A really good example of this would be the gambeson cloth armor used in the Hundred Years War. Most of the time it would simply be layer upon layer of cloth, sometimes interspersed with tiiinnyyy bits of metal along places where they expected to be slashed.
    Last edited by Cielo the Pachirisu; August 11, 2015 at 04:05 PM.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

Quote Originally Posted by Xebenkeck View Post
    Just curious as to why you didn't have Colin as a hero unit?

When you think of important people from Ordona in the game there are 5 characters who would fall into that catagory, Link, Ilia, Colin, Rusl, Bo, in that order.

I find it odd that you didn't include him for the simple fact that children are quite prominent in the mod. The Kokiri and Prince Ralis come to mind. Even if he doesn't seem like someone who is combat worthy, i.e. use a sword and shield(despite TP end credits where he is using one), he easily could be given a more passive unit, like Hawkmen.
    I think Colin as a General is a great idea. In TP Colin is a Link wannabe and is shown to wield weapons in the end credits, this would translate well into a General character and I think you are right about making his guard a more passive unit as that would reflect his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post

On that note. The helm looks quite thick. I would say as think as Buffalo Hide. Which would stop musket fire. But not rifles sadly.
    Ether that. Or it has some thing under it. Like Wood or chain mail.
    Or it may be a Sandwich of Leather, then something, then leather again.

What do you think?
    To me Rusl's helm looks like the top half of a Medieval great helm, padded with leather with a chainmail visor. I thought it fitted the Ordon theme of a hastily put together militia with no permanent standing army, while also showing Hylian influence and Rusl's workmanship.

4.2.1:

Very pretty. Malon also getting the goats is nice. Will have to check properly to see if they knock down everyone like the Goat Lords. Also check the unarmoured ones for the same.

Ordon Farmers no longer having spearmen/anti-cavalry capabilities, and their morale seemingly being even poorer, means their only purpose is to die or push siege equipment. Do not use them, currently. Militia are better line troops.

On the other hand, the goats(Both the Goat Lords and the new unarmoured variant in the new Grazelands building) have gained Anti-Cavalry and Frighten Enemy capabilities. Your response to enemy cavalry is to charge them yourself, as long as you have the goats-Ordona Horsemen don't really have the power to do so, though they'd still be a solid part of your forces. The Goat Lords have equal statline to the Hyrule Mounted Knights.

Lots of axes as melee weapons, no AP except on the Lumberjacks. This is probably a balance thing.

Farmer Archers have Missile 5, melee 1, 0 defence. Mounted Archers have Missile 3, melee 1, 0 defence. Supposedly they're the same unit, only one's on a horse. Why so? This was true in 4.1, also.
    Last edited by Bloodly; September 02, 2016 at 07:38 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234