Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Ordona Province

Default Re: Faction - Ordona Province

Cavalry in med 2 are just broken. Med 2 was designed with cav being a medieval equivalent of a tank. Any mod for med 2 cav decimates all infantry unless its pikes. In rome u coukd give your cav the same stats as a med 2 cav and you would not get the entire unit decimation u get from med 2.

Apani's Avatar Senator

May I ask, why are Ordonian Horsemen said to be well armored for light cavalry? They're wearing gilets.

There's kind of an issue with Plantations as related to Farms.

Farm upgrades don't work like trade boosts-only the highest applies. The regular farm chain takes you to Farms+4. Plantations are Farms+5. It's more worth your time to upgrade the town and take the Farms+5, than to go after any of the other farms, except for the sake of having 1 farm for the troops.

I'm noting the Rangers and Mounted archers are 1 missile point less than the Gerudo, the supposed masters of archery.

...They're not so much 'militia' as they are 'the Rohirrim'.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Well that's kind of the point. The Rohirrim are infantry with the best cavalry in Middle Earth.

As for the plantation, I'm not entirely sure. The Farming Network (+4) is supposed to be a pre-requisit for plantations, so you aren't supposed to have access to it until you build all of them first anyway. That being said, it is not an upgrade, but a second building which means, technically, you should have +9 crop yield by the time you finish that plantation. All in all, this actually seems like it was an overlooked broken aspect of their tech tree.

Well, it's easy enough to check yourself. Start an Ordon game. There's one settlement that can build both Farm and Plantation from the get go. Open the settlement details, watch how it changes as you add in the farm and the plantation. Notice that with the Planation in play, the farm adds nothing to either growth or money, not even on mouse-over? That I regard as proof, if needed.

Besides which, the large city requirement is fairly long and expensive enough, to be honest. That's something for another topic, though.

Oh I don't doubt you. My initial reaction was that the plantation is an upgrade to the Farming Network, but it is not, so it should provide +9, assuming that is the way the plantation is supposed to work.

I've already noted it in the Tech Tree thread, so we'll have it marked for the future.

farming_level is not additive
    Maby given the Plantation farming_level bonus 1 to make it a additive bonuses, but need testing
    Thus it gives allways + 1 or what ever number you want
    For reverenz
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Export_...ngs.txt_-_M2TW

Or you make planation the final farming building level only buildable by Ordona and thus freeing up a building slot

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Well that's kind of the point. The Rohirrim are infantry with the best cavalry in Middle Earth.

As for the plantation, I'm not entirely sure. The Farming Network (+4) is supposed to be a pre-requisit for plantations, so you aren't supposed to have access to it until you build all of them first anyway. That being said, it is not an upgrade, but a second building which means, technically, you should have +9 crop yield by the time you finish that plantation. All in all, this actually seems like it was an overlooked broken aspect of their tech tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    Well, it's easy enough to check yourself. Start an Ordon game. There's one settlement that can build both Farm and Plantation from the get go. Open the settlement details, watch how it changes as you add in the farm and the plantation. Notice that with the Planation in play, the farm adds nothing to either growth or money, not even on mouse-over? That I regard as proof, if needed.

Besides which, the large city requirement is fairly long and expensive enough, to be honest. That's something for another topic, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Oh I don't doubt you. My initial reaction was that the plantation is an upgrade to the Farming Network, but it is not, so it should provide +9, assuming that is the way the plantation is supposed to work.

I've already noted it in the Tech Tree thread, so we'll have it marked for the future.
    If that's the case why not add plantations as a 5th level to the Farming building tree. It would free up a building slot for tech trees. And all we have to do is just make it that Ordona is the only one who can get level 5 Farms.

Edit: Gebilde beat me too it.
    Last edited by Eldren; August 11, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

I suppose the best thing would be to ask Neph. He didn't put a green arrow there by accident...unless he did. The simplest way to do it would be to make it an upgrade however. Maybe make it +6 to denote Ordon's superior farming skills? I'm not sure if +4 or +5 is the normal top tier farming output.

Top Tier is usually Irrigation, which is farming+4. Usual cost is 6400 and 6 turns(Which is 'ouch' in a 200 turn campaign in itself, not to mention the costs and time in getting a city to Large Town). I can't judge this too well. I've been modding costs for some things. Downwards, for the most part, to deal with reduced income.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Here are my critics about the units' design:

Ordonian militiamen: these guys are weird. Why do they have expensive swords but barely any armour? I'd give them a spear (the poor man's weapon) and a full suit of leather armour or light chainmail.
    Lumberjacks: same thing about partial armour. It feels just so wrong to wear armour that leaves plenty of room for stabbing.
    Ordonian Horsemen: they need better armour to face enemy cavalry successfully, maybe a barding/horse chainmail too. And it bugs me how no horse unit in the game has any spears whatsoever.
    Rangers: these should be mounted, since they are supposed to be fast units.
    Goatlords: riders should wear plate armour. It's a waste to armour the mount if you don't armour the rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    Here are my critics about the units' design:

Ordonian militiamen: these guys are weird. Why do they have expensive swords but barely any armour? I'd give them a spear (the poor man's weapon) and a full suit of leather armour or light chainmail.
    Lumberjacks: same thing about partial armour. It feels just so wrong to wear armour that leaves plenty of room for stabbing.
    Ordonian Horsemen: they need better armour to face enemy cavalry successfully, maybe a barding/horse chainmail too. And it bugs me how no horse unit in the game has any spears whatsoever.
    Rangers: these should be mounted, since they are supposed to be fast units.
    Goatlords: riders should wear plate armour. It's a waste to armour the mount if you don't armour the rider.
    The only problem with these ideas is how to make it match the cannon Lore and style of Art?
    If you can do that. I'm all for it.
    Because if they don't look like Ordona. Then I'm against it.
    And I would say this is the case for all faction. They need to look like they belong in their Zelda game. And are recognizable at first glance.
    Last edited by Eldren; August 05, 2015 at 12:50 PM.

Apani's Avatar Senator

You make a good point, I'd simply remove those airbag thingies and extend the armour to make it more covering. Maybe peasants should also dress warmer to represent the cold climate of Ordona.

Here is an armoured Rusl:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Notice how it looks metallic, by the way?
    Last edited by Apani; August 05, 2015 at 04:23 PM.

The first time I walked into that bar I mistook his helmet for a bucket and burst a lung.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    The first time I walked into that bar I mistook his helmet for a bucket and burst a lung.
    When I played TP. I always thought it was a bucket. But looking at that picture. It looks like Leather. Maybe I just had a Low-res TV.

You make a good point, I'd simply remove those airbag thingies and extend the armour to make it more covering. Maybe peasants should also dress warmer to represent the cold climate of Ordona.

Here is an armoured Rusl:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Notice how it looks metallic, by the way?
    Now that I look at that Picture again. It makes me think there is an Alliance between Ordona and Labrynna.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    When I played TP. I always thought it was a bucket. But looking at that picture. It looks like Leather. Maybe I just had a Low-res TV.
    I dunno, it seems grey to me.

I dunno, it seems grey to me.
    We are talking about the helmet , not the armer. And the helm has chain mail as a visor.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Ah yeah, you can see the sewing on the helmet.

Ah yeah, you can see the sewing on the helmet.

On that note. The helm looks quite thick. I would say as think as Buffalo Hide. Which would stop musket fire. But not rifles sadly.
    Ether that. Or it has some thing under it. Like Wood or chain mail.
    Or it may be a Sandwich of Leather, then something, then leather again.

What do you think?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast