Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Ordona Province

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Faction - Ordona Province

Their main advantage is not their damage, defence or HP really, it is (IIRC) the invisible stat relating to mass. It enables them to stampede through essentially anything (not Darknut though, I checked). Fun times! It enables them to stagger large groups of enemies without having to stop, which allows them to take on much larger forces, compensating for their low troop numbers.

I would lower the stats , especially mass, and raise the troop numbers. That should make them a little more fallable.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

The thing is, the mass threshold before you can throw things into the air is very low, IIRC.

Arise, my army!

Played an Ordona campaign recently. Aside from the fact that it was easy as hell (and felt all the more so as my last campaign was Gerudo ^^'), I have question about it: where is Ashey?

Because while I found and recruited Malon easily (in the Lon Lon ranch region, duh!), I couldn't find Ashey anywhere. Not in any of the starting Ordonna provinces, not anywhere in the half-map I conquered, not in Hyrule castle, not anywhere in the Lanayru province either... So... Not in game yet?

Unless you tried looking in Snowpeak, I think I saw somewhere that's where she's supposed to be, don't take my word for it, I don't believe she is.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

Well I don't know about Goat Lords, but here's a battle I had with Gohma Tanks, another unit with high mass...

The problem is that they're untouchable in melee, since as long as they're moving any infantry that gets close gets knocked down, including spearmen. The AI doesn't keep them moving at least, but they can send them to attack your ranged units/general in the back and there's nothing you can really do about it.

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

Exactly. We had a discussion some time ago of how the Essence of Tarm was basically invincible to any number of Triple Gold Chevron Bronze Weapon Upgrade Gerudo Glaive grunts, and now that I think about it it was not (just) Tarm's defense, but simply how big it was that melee units couldn't get to it even when it did nothing but sit there and shoot.

Referring to what I said earlier, though, the problem is the low threshold for a units mass to throw another into the air. The way to M2 devs had it, it wasn't "If my weight is greater than yours and I'm charging faster I'll throw you into the air." but "If my mass is greater than 2 (or some small number, can't quite remember) and I'm charging you ARE going into the air unless you're an elephant or going faster than me in the same direction I'm going." Goat Lords and Tank Gohma, among others, are internally referred to as elephants, and thus are sent flying. I had a full army of Scythe Lords charge against full army of Darknuts who were also charging across the stone bridge, and I saw units from both sides being thrown into the air because they had a mass over a certain amount, not a mass higher than the unit being thrown into the air.

Admittedly, I don't quite remember how I got some of the Darknut units to run in the first place-I've seen some units which should not be capable of running suddenly go into overdrive on their own accord. . . Hm.

Arise, my army!

Reloaded my save just to be sure, but I couldn't find any city or region named "Snowpeak". Thanks anyway, Silverlich.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

It is NW of KoH in between the Gohma, the kingdom, and the Lanayru Zora.

How did I manage to miss that? Must be because the region is called "Peak Province" and not "Snow Peak Province" or something... I feel a bit stupid. Either way, thanks for pointing it out to me.

(Still couldn't find Ashey though, whether I tried to send a general there as Ordona or as Hyrule allied with Ordona.)

Hey, you know what? Ashei was actually in the game. Only, quite far away from Ordonna (or Lanayru, for that matter).

Encablossa pointed it to me in a PM (thanks again ), and I checked a few minutes ago by sending a general there, just to be sure.

Here you go:
    Talus Peak region, where lay the labrynnan town of Symmetry.

You ever think about adding a defensive unit to replace the peasant farmer mid to late game? They crush militia head on but vs stronger infantry they fall fast and militia cant exactly hold their own in any direct fight( fun design and I like it from the lore). Not to mention the lumberjacks are not exactly the best at being defensive. A compliment unit to this charge based faction with some great cavalry and nice fun units like the goats and birds such as... a pikemen. A rancher or something with a larger pitch fork, or even a anti moblin aspect of the militia..they are a fairly large heavy charger faction from what I can tell.

anway makes sense lore wise and all that. Anyway, love this mod and faction. Just looking for a unit to help where the cavalry cant such as sieges or in more direct fights.

p.s. the goat herders are the best unit..so funny. Useful as a counter charge to to break their ranks, oh and the hawk hunter is fantastic at its role.. good job on those. Fun, niche but useful. Ordona is by far my favorite faction after 10-15 hours.

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

Are goat herders in the campaign yet?
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

It's pronounced "hoarders"

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Gramalian View Post
    You ever think about adding a defensive unit to replace the peasant farmer mid to late game? They crush militia head on but vs stronger infantry they fall fast and militia cant exactly hold their own in any direct fight( fun design and I like it from the lore). Not to mention the lumberjacks are not exactly the best at being defensive. A compliment unit to this charge based faction with some great cavalry and nice fun units like the goats and birds such as... a pikemen. A rancher or something with a larger pitch fork, or even a anti moblin aspect of the militia..they are a fairly large heavy charger faction from what I can tell.

anway makes sense lore wise and all that. Anyway, love this mod and faction. Just looking for a unit to help where the cavalry cant such as sieges or in more direct fights.
    I support this. Ordona's lack of spearmen can be a real pain at times.
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

Personally I think stat wise the ordonians are fairly well balanced. What needs to be nerfed on them is how fast they can churn out zerg stacks of units. As hyrule (or any faction really) it takes too long to have new units available, but ordinance seems to have fresh units every turn.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

he is not in because he is a child and they aren't going to send a child into combat. The Kokiri are all children because they don't have a choice, there are no adults

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    he is not in because he is a child and they aren't going to send a child into combat. The Kokiri are all children because they don't have a choice, there are no adults
    Well, the Lanayru deploy Prince Ralis, and he appears to be of similar age. You could also add him in when he is older.

I brought to Neph's attention that it's kind of weird for Ralis to continue appearing as a child even after he turns 40+ in terms of elapsed game time. He agreed and said he would look into making him grow to adulthood after he reaches a certain age.

What building do you need to build to recruit Ordonian Salesmen?

Senator

It'll be in the rupee exchange chain of buildings, one of them I'm sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast