Gorons

Main Color
    : Red
    Religion: Goddess Acknowledgement
    Culture: Barbaric
    Rival Factions: Zora
    Cordial Factions: Kingdom of Hyrule, Kokiri

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:
    - Rock Bodies: The Gorons are composed of rock and mineral rather then flesh. As such they are much more durable in combat compared to other races.
    - Masters of Siege: The Gorons deploy the best siege weaponry in all of Hyrule.
    - Instinctual Miners: The Gorons have a long tradition of mining ores and minerals from the Death Mountain Range, and as such their mines yield a higher income in the campaign then those of other empires.
    - Heat Seekers: The Gorons require warm temperatures to live, as such they suffer massive penalties when fighting in snow.

A proud and powerful race, the Gorons are composed of mineral and rock rather then flesh and bone. Native to the Death Mountain range, their deadly and harsh homeland has molded them into a strong people. Gorons prefer things simple and easy, and are content to just live a relaxed and peaceful life. Despite this, Gorons love to fight under honorable pretense. Wrestling and fist fights are all common forms of recreation in their society. Even though they are not warlike, this interest in combat has aided the Gorons well in their past, most notably when the Zora Dominion attempted to invade and annex Death Mountain for its valuable gems and resources. The Gorons drove the Zora out in a bloody skirmish, and let the races of Hyrule know that fighting a war with the Gorons is a costly mistake. In battle the Gorons embody power. Most of their soldiers are very strong in a fist fight, and even stronger if they have a weapon in hand. They are also well armored, and taking down a Goron is difficult unless they are outnumbered. Their bulky size and relaxed nature has left them fewer in number and slow on foot though, so faster armies can easily run circles around an unprepared Goron force. Despite their lethargy, no one will deny the power of a well placed Goron punch to the face.

Goron Unit Roster

Standard Units
    Guardians
    Berserkers
    Tribal Monks
    Miners
    Bombthrowers
    Rams
    Sumos
    Fire Warriors
    Ruby Guards
    Dodongos

Defensive Emplacements
    Bomb Platform

Siege Weaponry
    Powder Keg Launchers

Command Units
    Ruby Captains
    Ruby Generals

Agents
    Goron Merchant

Heroes/Bosses:
    Darunia
    King Dodongo
    Dangoro
    Darbus
    Biggoron

Special/Other Units:
    Dongorongos

Goron Guardians

A culture such as the Gorons yields no shortage of warriors. Simple folk among their tribes, Goron Guardians are quick to defend their homes and bring about their might and wrath on their enemies. They have decent durability and fight with their fists.

Goron Berserkers

Some Gorons fall into the rage that they have long strived to control and master. These angry individuals roll into battle and plow over enemy soldiers. They are hard to control, but few enemies can fight more violently then these infamous members of Goron society.

Bomb Throwers

The infamous Bomb Flowers native to Death Mountain have long been cultivated by the Gorons. During times of war they use these explosive flora as ranged weapons. Very few enemies can survive the detonation of a Bomb Thrower's bomb.

Tribal Monks

Elderly warriors of the Goron people, even in old age these individuals refuse to retire from fighting. Selfless Monks who's only goal is to protect their people, these Gorons enter the battlefield with their deadly pole-arms and unbreakable spirits.

Goron Miners:

The Death Mountain Range is host to a bountiful fortune of gems, minerals, and other ores that could bring wealth to any empire that were to harvest them. In the case of the Gorons though, many of these valuable resources are considered delicacies and the best source of food for their people. Goron miners work their lives away harvesting these rare dishes for their people, all for the promise that they'll get the surplus of their daily toils.

Goron Rams

Suited up in durable Goron forged armor, the Goron Rams are walking hulks of destruction. More then a match for anything smaller then itself, these large beasts are string enough to punch breaches into stone walls.

Fire Warriors

Tempered by the lava of Death Mountain, these Goron elites have trained rigorously in the inhospitable environment of their homeland's crater. Donned in a full suit of armor and armed with a giant bone crushing hammer, the Fire Warriors live to bring the wrath of Death Mountain to their foes.

Mounted Fire Warriors

Taming the Dodongos of Death Mountain is not an easy accomplishment, but if there's anyone who can do it it's the Fire Warriors. These mounted counterparts to their infantry brothers charge into battle and plow over enemy soldiers with ease.

Ruby Guards

Watchers of the Goron Sacred Stone, the Ruby Guards are walking walls of death. Armed with a massive tower shield, a deadly hammer, and a will of unbreakable stone, the Ruby Guards are unmatched in defense.

Dodongos

Long time enemies of the Gorons, the need for survival eventually lead to the two races forming an uneasy pact. These reptilian beasts can close in the distance with a swift charge and rip apart soldiers in melee.

Bomb Platform

When the Gorons need to hold their ground for a long period of time, Bomb Platforms serve as one of the best emplacements they can field. An elevated dock manned by a group of Bomb Throwers, a single Bomb Platform can hold off approaching armies until the melee arrives.

Powder Keg Launchers:

Normally used by the Gorons for blowing open mountain sides in search of valuable minerals and rupees, in times of war they use the infamous Powder Kegs to instead blow open walls, gates, and large contingents of enemy soldiers. A specially designed ballista launches these explosive barrels at high velocities towards their unfortunate target. The Launcher has two firing modes: one which simply launches the barrel that explodes on impact, and another that lights the barrel's fuse before launch so that it explodes in the air above its target. Lighting the barrels carries a risk of predetonation before launch however.

Ruby Captain

Considered smarter and better then their brothers, Ruby Captains are often given charge of Goron army forces when leadership is needed during wartime.

Ruby General

Gorons always appreciate a fight, but these war veterans relish the chance to test their skill in battle with their fellow Goron warriors.

Goron Merchant

While many Gorons prefer the simple life, there are examples of their kind that seek more riches then just rocks of the earth. Goron Merchants seek out what resources they can from other cultures, the most important being Rupees.

Darunia

The King of the Gorons, Darunia was slain in battle with the legendary leader of the Volvagia only to be awakened as the Sage of Fire. He then succeeded in banishing the beast from Death Mountain and restoring peace to his people. He marches into battle with his bare fists, lighting enemies on fire whom get in his way.

Dangoro

A mysterious Goron whom survived the devastating eruption of Death mountain, Dangoro pledges himself to Darunia after being found. He strives to assure that his people can rebuild what they have lost and become the masters of Hyrule. In battle he brings forth his powerful fists which few things can survive.

King Dodongo

The undisputed leader of the reptilian Dodongos. After making an uneasy pact with King Darunia, the leader of the Dodongos charges headfirst into masses of enemy soldiers with a single intent: trampling them to a bloody pulp.

Last edited by UndyingNephalim; September 08, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Default Re: Faction - Gorons

I understand some refinement and debugging of the Goron Powder Keg Launcher is in the works. What all is being planned, aside from restoring the ability to burst gates in a single explosion? Also, what sort of damage increase would that mean against the rest of the walls? As of right now, they do 1% damage per keg that actually physically impacts the wall.

I ask because I prefer to use them NOT as offensive weapons, but rather as defenses. One of the few siege engines that I've ever found effective in defense, the massive blasts both in the air and on the ground are devastating against advancing enemy armies- particularly those who are naturally inclined to function as swarms (Gohma, Fairies, etc.). Furthermore, they are the only siege weapons I have ever encountered that have any sort of success when firing on approaching siege towers (most others either refuse to fire at all or just blow massive holes in my own walls); Powder Keg Launchers consistently blast away at approaching towers without endangering the walls themselves- although woe betide any defender on the wall between the Launchers and the towers.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    I understand some refinement and debugging of the Goron Powder Keg Launcher is in the works. What all is being planned, aside from restoring the ability to burst gates in a single explosion? Also, what sort of damage increase would that mean against the rest of the walls? As of right now, they do 1% damage per keg that actually physically impacts the wall.

I ask because I prefer to use them NOT as offensive weapons, but rather as defenses. One of the few siege engines that I've ever found effective in defense, the massive blasts both in the air and on the ground are devastating against advancing enemy armies- particularly those who are naturally inclined to function as swarms (Gohma, Fairies, etc.). Furthermore, they are the only siege weapons I have ever encountered that have any sort of success when firing on approaching siege towers (most others either refuse to fire at all or just blow massive holes in my own walls); Powder Keg Launchers consistently blast away at approaching towers without endangering the walls themselves- although woe betide any defender on the wall between the Launchers and the towers.
    I did have an idea that the Powder Keg Launcher could have two firing modes, one that detonates in the air and one that detonates on impact.

Ah. I was wondering if the fire modes would get a toggle switch or remain random as they are now. Toggle could be useful, but I also like the versatility of the mixed firing mode that's in place now.

Actually, that's pretty much what my feedback boils down to. I like them very much as they are now. I was just wondering if you had any specific changes planned beyond the aforementioned bugfix.

I was wondering, since most other factions have a "Title" for their nation, would it be too much to ask for the Gorons to be renamed to the "Goron Brotherhood"?

Goron Brotherhood. it fits them well, with their honor/brother mentality.

We still using the unit suggestion thread anymore for suggesting units or just doing it here?

I guess the unit suggestion thread is good for things you wish to see in the game but don't know which faction they would fit in (like say, Ghirahim or Vaati, or the Vires).

I assume the biggoron will have a HUGE two handed sword ?
    I shall consume... consume everything

Mh... I suppose it's reasonable. They did describe the Biggoron Sword as a small blade or even a knife.
    I was rather looking forward to him pummeling his enemies with his punches alone though.

what are you talking about i want to see him throw a 10 count mega bomb, the one dark like use in four swords. the one that kill all on the Surface of the map.

If you want more generals for the Goron, I suggest Gor Coron the sumo you fight in TP that is friends with Bo.
    Last edited by mnviking; October 02, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Are you going to have a lesser version of the mounted Fire warriors?
    Last edited by mnviking; September 11, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: double post

Neph, i have a question. Just how do the Gorons see where they are going when rolling?

Test to see if this makes the thread update.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Mjolnr

Yep, it worked. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

The post itself was always here, but on the development thread it still said Mmvikings was the newest one, and was still way down on the page.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Mjolnr

But it gave me the updated insignia the moment you posted it. Moments later the symbol went dark again and reverted back to the previous post being the "newest".

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Hmmmmm...................

The plot thickens. Wonder if Holy knows whats up.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    Hmmmmm...................

The plot thickens. Wonder if Holy knows whats up.
    Yeah... the system has always been a bit wonky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast