Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Faction - Kingdom of Hyrule

Default Re: Faction - Kingdom of Hyrule

not really, after all the cities that they attack are usually fully stacked cities. but maybe since im darknut most of the time a fully stacked city doesnt seem fully stacked due to small army sizes. maybe there will be an update someday that will include AI changes, that would be cool. thanks for the replies

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Regardless, Hyrule has the most agressive AI. I've only seen the Deku and Zora really be close to their aggression.

Apani's Avatar Senator

I was thinking about the shields matter... I think the reason no soldier has shields in OoT, MM and TP is that, being guards, their main purpose is to look menacing and imposing; if they were to fight, it'd make sense that they'd wield spears two handed as their main concern would be scaring off threats and killing/capturing intruders and criminals rather than engaging in actual fights where defence is in an issue (they wear armour anyways because they need impressive uniforms). In a Link to the Past you have actual soldiers rather than guards, and they do wield shields.

That said, here are the things I'd change:
    Town guards: 2h spear is fine, but I think they would still use shields when they're defending cities from attackers and not patrolling them.
    Swordsmen recruits: I'd give them a small round shield and a shortsword rather than an arming sword and no shield.
    Mounted recruits: these should have a spear for charging.
    Hylian infantry: I'd let them keep their current swords and add a small round shield. I'd give them a coat of plates as an intermediate between heavy mail and plates. Also, how do those shoulderpads stay attached? Shouldn't they need chains or something?
    Crossbowmen: those lack any sideweapon whatsoever. I'd give them shortswords so they can fight with their pavise shield in melee. I don't think it's a problem if they end up faring better than swordsmen recruits.
    Castle guards: these need to look more menacing and imposing. I'd give them an halberd or a tower shield right away.
    Hyrulean Knights: the only problem is that their swords are the same as those of newbie recruits. I'd give knights long swords, shortswords to recruits and leave the current swords for Hylian Infantry.
    Flail Knights: from what I know flails don't need to be swung around in a whirlpool before attacking; it would be a pointless distraction for the wielder, and they would risk hitting other allies or other flails.
    Mounted H. Knights: same matter with the swords. No more lance means they will be more focused on melee than on charging, but that's fine.
    Ironclad Elites: I think they deserve an heavier and more advanced weapon than that spear and dagger technique. Something big and powerful like a greatsword or an halberd (I'd suggest a swordstaff like those of the gondorian fountain guards).
    Triforce Vanguards: ditto: having them all carry a barrier seems redundantly pointless and wasteful. I'd give them some goddess greatswords. Maybe a golden triforce for a pommel?

I think there needs to be more discrimination between elite units and those inferior, in a way that isn't inexplicably bizarre such as denying shields to recruits until we've built armouries (really, all I can think about is General Kazakk with a trollface). While I think armour increases finely (also, the color coding is pretty nice), Ironclad Elites shouldn't wield the same spears and swords used by town guards and swordsmen recruits. It'd make sense for hylian generals to commission different equipment for different grades in the soldier hierarchy the same way they provide different outfits.
    Last edited by Apani; August 05, 2015 at 08:28 AM.

I think the Ironclads and Vanguards need to go back to halberds <.T.> Makes a lot more practical sense, and looks a lot more dignified and regal.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

I was thinking about the shields matter... I think the reason no soldier has shields in OoT, MM and TP is that, being guards, their main purpose is to look menacing and imposing; if they were to fight, it'd make sense that they'd wield spears two handed as their main concern would be scaring off threats and killing/capturing intruders and criminals rather than engaging in actual fights where defence is in an issue (they wear armour anyways because they need impressive uniforms). In a Link to the Past you have actual soldiers rather than guards, and they do wield shields.
    You seem to be working from a deeply bizarre and frankly stupid assumption that shields don't look imposing.
    CA needs competition.

Quote Originally Posted by InferiorBeing View Post
    You seem to be working from a deeply bizarre and frankly stupid assumption that shields don't look imposing.
    I would assume it depends on Culture and Commander. Both European Tribes and Romans Probably Thought very poorly about the others Guards. As for any thing else. It would depend on the individual.

If the Guards were Roman. It was a Bad Idea to try to get past them. When they had those shields of theirs.
    As for European Tribes. Good luck out running those guards.

Why did the Hylian units get such a visual down grade? I thought they looked great in the previous versions now they kind of look like they where ported from Rome TW or something. I mean no offence of course as just about every aspect of this mod is incredible. I just don't see why the units were changed to something of lower quality, apart from the horses of course.

Soron's Avatar Tiro
    Throne room, in a castle, on a floating island, Somewhere on the flat Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hantscher View Post
    Why did the Hylian units get such a visual down grade? I thought they looked great in the previous versions now they kind of look like they where ported from Rome TW or something. I mean no offence of course as just about every aspect of this mod is incredible. I just don't see why the units were changed to something of lower quality, apart from the horses of course.
    The quality is actually objectively better, what you talk about is the desing.

I personally think the desing is better, especially for the town guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Soron View Post
    The quality is actually objectively better, what you talk about is the desing.

I personally think the desing is better, especially for the town guards.
    I personally liked the old models better. I thought they were more faithful to the LOZ universe. Not this new model set that came from Hyrule Warriors. Which isn't even a true Zelda game.

Hi, first i want to thank nepha and the others for develloping this mod, i really enjoys it.

Now i will talk about my experience with the KoH faction, the faction i played the most actually. So basically i love the fact that EVERYONE on the campaign map hates you, so you have to be constantly on guard with anyone who could backstab you, or superstrong IA alliances who could destroy you if they wanted. But when i was on the battlefield, i thought the KoH was not so "touche-à-tout" (can do anything) that it was promised, so i made some researchs and arrived here. Basically the problem is, if hyrule doesn't have any kind of unit, it's because we want that every faction to have their specificity.

In that case why don't we use a auxilliary system for hyrule? Like the roman empire used mens from conquered lands as auxilliary in his army, the KoH could do the same. It would be different as mercenaries, because you need to earn them, by taking the capital of certains factions, to deblock some special units. It could be a trait of the KoH.

For example:
    - if you take the Ordon capital city (or the emblematic city of the faction) you can create a building in it, were you can recrute auxilliary rangers (for a higher price than usual like 400-500 rupees because they are not really your faction) or auxilliary mounted rangers (still at higher price or a bit worse than the ordonnian cavalery), providing us the missile cavalery that we miss
    - if you take vigvaro, you can create a building were you can recruit hylian wizards (basically the worst mage of the wizzrobe) called "royal sorcerers", providing to KoH a unit of wizards that hyrule lacks against many armies (gorons and darknuts are a good exemple because balists shots are limited).
    -we can add many others things like this with for example the sheikahs

these exemples gives hyrule the versatility to face many opponents with a large panel of units, but not the best specialized units of the other factions. However this makes a tough choice for the player in the campaign, because you have the choice to keep your allies (sheikas, Ordonna, Wizzrobe even if they are not allies, they protect your north frontiers), or to assimilate them to become an empire but alone because no one else likes you, and in the same time, this system does not work with all the factions (the best exemple would be gerudo, darknut and moblins who would refuse to serve hyrule in all circumstances, stalfos well... that will not work between the two factions XD ) but provide hyrule what he lacks without giving them freely.

(sorry for my bad english, i still need to practice it )

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456