Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wall - Home to the Night's Watch

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default The Wall - Home to the Night's Watch

Welcome, traveller, to the Night's Watch. Here you may seek the presence of the Lord Commander, for any number of reasons. We are always looking for new Knights to take the black, and even the-not-so knightly will find something at the Wall - we have a use for everyone...

Castle Black

The main fortress a long the Wall. Here lies the HQ of the Watch, and the Lord Commander himself. Come here if you have business to discuss with the Watch, wish to join the Watch, or even just to piss off the edge of the Wall - be warned, you may not find what you're looking for. The Lord Commander, plus other officials, are often away, so there may be a long wait. Castle Black holds a garrison of a thousand men, but it can host many more.

The Levy:
    Total: 1000 men
    Rangers (heavy infantry): 500
    Builders (polearms): 150
    Archers: 240
    Light Cavalry: 100
    Heavy Cavalry: 50

The People:
    Lord Commander Stark
    • Field Battles +3
    • Siege +3
    • Survival +4
    • Assassinations +4
    • Loyalty +2

First Ranger Woodfort
    • Duels +2
    • Field Battle +2
    • Capture +1
    • Survival +2
    • Escape +1

First Builder Snow
    • Siege +3
    • Fist Fighter +1

First Ranger Gardener
    • Income +3 (15%)
    • Survival +2
    • Assassinations +3
    • Escape +2

Income:
    Castle Black (very poor province) - 20,000
    The Lord Commander - 36,000
    First Ranger - 12,000
    First Builder - 12,000
    First Steward - 13,800

Total - 93,800

Nightfort

Eastwatch

Shadow Tower

Extra Characters:
    Commander Barnsley - Commander of Westwatch
    Captain Methel - A Captain of the Night's Watch, stationed at Castle Black (In Oldtown)
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; July 20, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Wall - Home to the Night's Watch

When requesting the presence of a member of the Night's Watch, please can you specify which Castle you're at, even if it isn't listed above - and who you are wanting to see, even if out-of-game you know they're not there.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

After many months of traveling Manfrey Bloodriver arrives at Westwatch-by-the-Bridge. Covered in snow and huddled in a dark blue cloak he made his way to the tallesty tower and announced himself to the men on watch.

"I am Lord Manfrey Bloodriver and I am here to join your order for the greater good of the realm."
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Citizen

Blog Entries

Westwatch

Commander Barnsley grumbled as a guard came in, allowing the cold air to flood into the room, saying that a Lord Manfrey Bloodriver had arrived, requesting to join the Watch. Barnsley was surprised to say the least, it was very rarely that someone made the journey to Westwatch to enquire about joining he Watch. Nevertheless, he was honour-bound to see who it was, and greet them to the Watch.

Getting out of his chair, and reluctantly leaving the warmth of the fire, Barnsley made his down the staircase to see this Lord. When he reached the bottom he saw a men huddle in a dark blue cloak, pulling it around him to keep him warm. He couldn't be blamed, today was particular a cold day - even for Westwatch. The draft created by the Gorge always seemed to make Westwatch that bit colder.

"Greetings, m'lord, and welcome to the Wall. I apologise for the cold, today is particularly chilly. Please follow me back up the tower so we can talk at least in some comfort." Barnsley greeted warmly, before turning around and making his way back inside the tower, hoping the Lord would have the sense to follow.

OOC: I presume you want to join the Watch, and RP as a Ranger/Builder/Steward. As the fist I'll let you pick which. ;-) Later on in the RP you can either decide to remain at Westwatch and train there, or travel along the Wall to Castle Black and train there, the choice is yours, and I'll give you a prompt when you should make the decision. ;-D
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; July 11, 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Manfrey looks up towards the sky as another flurry of snow begins to fall. Abandoning any attempt to look brave he shakes off the gathering snow and quickly follows the lord into the shelter of the tower. Looking around he notes the lack of decorations and chairs, like an army encampment this tower was designed to keep men alive and to toughen them up. Always moe at home on the battlefield than in a ball Manfrey realised this would be the prefect place for him, if only it wasen't so damn cold.

"Thank you , after a month of sleeping in the snow a warm fire will be a welcome sight."
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

Citizen

Blog Entries

Westwatch

"Ha ha!" Barney chuckles heartily, "it is a welcoming sight, but it does bugger all when it comes to warming you up."

After entering the tower Barnsley climbs up the staircase, welcoming the warmth that the excursions brings, and enters his office. Like the rest of Westwatch it is sparsely furnished, but is sufficient to do the job. Commander Barnsley reached for his chair and sat down with a sigh, motioning for the Lord to sit down on the chair in front of him, before leaning over and grabbing to flagons of ale that were on the side. When the Lord was seated he handed one of the flagons to him, and then took a deep gulp of the drink.

"So m'lord, what brings you here, and why the Watch?"

Manfrey takes the offered cup and downs half the ale in a flash before wiping his mouth and nodding his thanks.

"I am here to take the balck of course, my family is gone, my castle destroyed, my people dead and my lands have been burnt to cinders. I have nothing but the sword at my side and the cloak on my back. These will never bring me back what I have lost but they can be usefull in defending others from what lies behind the wall."

Manfrey places his flagon down and leans forward.

"I have fought in both large scale wars and smaller raids since I was old enough to pick up a weapon, I have led men into battles where certain death awaits and bought them back alive, I have taken castles and held them from armies many times larger than my own.
    I have spent the last two years wandering the Riverlands just living with no goal in my mind but revenge, it is time my talents are put to better use and if you will have me I can prove that I am only an asset to The Nights Watch."
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; July 12, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Westwatch

Maybe I shouldn't of given him that ale...

"Balck? Are you feeling alight m'lord?" Barnsley replies, a slight smile creeping onto his face. However it quickly vanishes after hearing the rest of what the Lord has to say.

"Aye, I said story that - and one that we are hearing too often. Was it an Ironborn raid?" Barnsley asks seriously, before taking a sip of the ale.

It is a shame that we a sworn not to take part in events in the realm, those bastard Ironborn need a good ol'e smack, after what they did to Molly...

OOC: Note the stuff in italics are the characters thoughts, and aren't spoken allowed.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; July 12, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Manfrey ponders what the ale is doing to their speach, did this man just ask if he was alight?

"I was out hunting at the time but the evidence does point towards the Ironborn, their raids up and down the western coast have bought only pisery and pain but evne they do not know that they are nothing compared to the threats beyond the Wall."

Manfrey picks his drink and takes a smaller sip this time, enjoying the taste.

OOC: Shame on you for insulting my spelling. (is it wrong that I have an urge to go into the Highgarden thread and shout "I'm a fish wheres my waffles!"?)

Citizen

Blog Entries

Westwatch

OOC: Hahaha, what is in this ale? :-P And yes it is, very wrong... ;-)

At least he is going easy on the drink...

"I thought so. You do know that if you take the black you are sworn not to partake in events going on in the Seven Kingdoms? You'll be sworn to the Wall - and defending it." Barnsley replies. "It is a noble idea, but one that can end up ruining a man. Are you up to it m'Lord. Are you ready to give your life in the service of something better then yourself?" He continues to say in a passionate voice, although he says the same thing to any potential recruit. "If so then we can move on, if not you're welcome to stay and I'll be able to arrange passage back down south." He finished promptly, before taking another swig of the ale, draining the last dregs into the back of his throat.

Manfrey looks out of the window into the night pondering the question for what seemed like hours before looking back towards Barnsley. "I failed to protect my family from the Ironborn but perhaps I can make up for that by protecting the realm against what lies beyond the Wall. I have come here to join the Black and I shall serve the Night's Watch until the end of my days," he announced while standing up. "I would never have came here if I thought for an instance I would not be up to the challenge." Manfrey drains the last of his ale and sets the flagon back down onto the table while waiting for Barnsley'as responce.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Westwatch

He seems willing...

Looking up at the man thoughtfully Barnsley pauses for a minute, before a smile creeps up onto his face. Standing up he extends his hand towards the Lord, "Then welcome Manfrey to the Nights Watch!" he grins, "You'll come to love it."

Smiling broadly, Manfrey accepts the commanders hand and shakes it. "I am sure I will, as long as it does not get too cold," he states before laughing.

OOC: Now what?

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Having recieved a raven, Prince Merlyn, at age 15 and heir to the throne of Skagos, gives up his titles and women to take the black. After a long boat ride, he arrives at the wall, East-Watch specifically, ready to serve all of Westeros, not just his homeland of Skagos.
    Last edited by Gone 2 the Celts; July 14, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    Smiling broadly, Manfrey accepts the commanders hand and shakes it. "I am sure I will, as long as it does not get too cold," he states before laughing.

OOC: Now what?
    Westwatch

"Pah! You ain't seen nothing yet, wait until the depths of Winter!" Commander Barnsley chuckles heartily. "Now then, you have two options. Most new recruits usually turn up at Castle Black, rarely do they go anywhere else - especially not Westwatch, we really are on the edge of the world. So you can either make your where to Castle Black and begin your training there, or you can stay here and serve at Westwatch and the Shadow Tower, it is up to you?"

OOC: Follow my lead...

Quote Originally Posted by Gone 2 the Celts View Post
    Having recieved a raven, Prince Merlyn, at age 15 and heir to the throne of Skagos, gives up his titles and women to take the black. After a long boat ride, he arrives at the wall, East-Watch specifically, ready to serve all of Westeros, not just his homeland of Skagos.
    Eastwatch

Now who the bloody hell is that?

First Builder Snow was inspecting the outside of the Castle's wall when he saw a lad land by the docks. Most of the men had stopped work to see, rarely did boas such as this bother with a journey to Eastwatch. He saw the lad dock, before realising this was up to Commander Vixen to sort out. "Oi you slackers, get back to work!" the First Builder shouted at a nearby group who had stopped their work to watch the events unfolding. However, upon hearing Edric Snow's stern voice they quickly got back to work. He himself turned around to back on with inspecting the fortifications.

Commander Jamie Vixen made his way towards the dock, after watching the boy just standing their for what seemed like an hour. The First Builder's gruff shout snapped him out of his trance, and he made began making his over. "Greetings m'lad, what brings you so far up North, and with a ship like that too." Commander Vixen asks, nodding his head towards the vessel that brought the boy here. "What can I do for you?"

OOC: Welcome, and thanks for joinging. :-D Do you have any inclination as to whether you want to be a Ranger, Builder or Steward? Could you let me know as that will effect what happens next. Cheers.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Merlyn bows to the commandeer, in Skagosi custom. As he rises he says
    "Greetings my lord, I am Prince Merlyn Bjifskag, former heir to the throne of Skagos. After my father recieved a raven from the watch, I volunteered myself to take up this great honour. I am interested in becoming a ranger for the watch, to protect the people of Westeros."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Manfrey asnwers immediately having known this answer would come.
    "Castle Black may be where the recruits go but we both know that if if anyone wanted to get past the wall he would come this way. I will, with your permission, stay and train here.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

A caravan arrives with a box full of gold, The Investment the Nights Watch made have paid off: 1600.(Let us still finish the RP, this is just to get it done now.)

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gone 2 the Celts View Post
    Merlyn bows to the commandeer, in Skagosi custom. As he rises he says
    "Greetings my lord, I am Prince Merlyn Bjifskag, former heir to the throne of Skagos. After my father recieved a raven from the watch, I volunteered myself to take up this great honour. I am interested in becoming a ranger for the watch, to protect the people of Westeros."
    Eastwatch

A bloody prince! The Lord Commander ain't going to believe this...

Commander Vixen looks at the man queerly for a minute, before regaining his composure. "A Prince you say?" Now all of the men who had heard the exchange had stopped their work and were staring at the two men. "I think we better continue this conversation in private." He says, turning around and calling out to the First Builder, "Builder Snow! Over hear please."

It is bloody First Builder Snow you whelp.

Edric Snow mumbles something incoherent before making his way over to the Commander and his new arrival. "Yes, sir?" He asks, with a hint of bitterness.

"Can you join us please," replied Commander Vixen, trotting off towards the Keep.

The First Builder made eye contact with the new arrival and shrugged his shoulders, following the Commander. Now before shouting back at the Builders to get into their quarters before the night truly sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    Manfrey asnwers immediately having known this answer would come.
    "Castle Black may be where the recruits go but we both know that if if anyone wanted to get past the wall he would come this way. I will, with your permission, stay and train here.
    Westwatch

He speaks some sense...

"Very well, I respect your bluntness" Commander Barnsley replies chuckling, "However the hour is late, and this ale is making me drowsy. Bob," he said waving at the door, indicating that he was talking about the guard, "will show you to your quarters. Get a good nights sleep, you'll be up bright and early tomorrow so we can see how could with a blade you really are." He then stands up, ending the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    A caravan arrives with a box full of gold, The Investment the Nights Watch made have paid off: 1600.(Let us still finish the RP, this is just to get it done now.)
    Castle Black

Methel must have sorted things out quicker then I thought.

The Lord Commander heard the rattling of carriages before he saw it. Glancing down from his tower he saw a carriage full of gold was making its way up to Castle Black. He thought it was a bit late in the evening for such a load, but at least it was here. Exiting the tower he meets the cart drivers and thanks them, offering a bed for the night, it was too late in the evening to make the journey even to the Hearth. The Lord Commander hoped that Gareth had made it there alright.

OOC: Okay, can just RP a response to keep it going?

Manfrey stands up and nods his head in agreement. "As you wish Commander" he says before leaing the room and following Bob to his new sleeping quarters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast