Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Morality of Homosexuality and Homosexual conduct [Frozenprince v. sterling] - commentary

Default Re: The Morality of Homosexuality and Homosexual conduct [Frozenprince v. sterling] - commentary

It's not that hard to win when your opponents argument is A) stolen, and B) based on a premise thats stupid as all hell.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Default Re: The Morality of Homosexuality and Homosexual conduct [Frozenprince v. sterling] - commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    How utterly simplistic.

Kropotkin theorised with evidence that co-operation within groups is natural. Killing is in accordance with our nature but so is co-operation. Morality is a construct perhaps but it defines socially acceptable things within groups and the groups have grown exponentially along with the needs of groups. As a construct or even as an objective measure of an observable instinctual event nothing ever points towards murder being moral except in artificial circumstances.
    Ummmm I wasn't using that as proof of morality, I was using that to demonstrate the poor logic being used in the debate.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Ummmm I wasn't using that as proof of morality, I was using that to demonstrate the poor logic being used in the debate.
    Yeah I got that afterwards

Facupay's Avatar Senator

1. If we act, we ought to act in accordance with our nature.
    2. Homosexual acts are contrary to our nature.
    3. Therefore, homosexual acts are immoral
    Even if the premises weren't false, it isn't a correct syllogism. It should be:

1. Acts contrary to our nature are immoral
    2. Homosexual acts are contrary to our nature
    ---------------------------------
    3. Homosexual acts are immoral
    HUMAN IS FISH ISLAM IS WATER. COME TO WATER AND BE RELAX...

Facupay's Avatar Senator

delete
    Last edited by Facupay; July 19, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
    HUMAN IS FISH ISLAM IS WATER. COME TO WATER AND BE RELAX...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12