Thread: How Do You Make Your Characters?

Default How Do You Make Your Characters?

What traits do you go for? I try to make my characters like myself, e.g. being cruel, greedy, deceptive, and a hedonist.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: How Do You Make Your Characters?

Midas Touch all the way!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

I have a thing for inbreds...
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I have a bit variety between my choices.

Mostly, I try to make a tough soldier or a brilliant strategist, a general who can defeat the enemy with any number of men. But after winning a few battles though, I come across some intolerable prisoners whom I have to execute, and end up being wroth and cruel.

Sometimes I try to create a bastion of piety and chivalry, and always choose a just and right things and in events. But more often then not I end up being mocked as a weak noble who can't handle a thing right.

I also try to create a miser money freak who won't let a single florin out of his hand. I go for those money and stewardship traits. I have always been successful in this, but sometimes my vassals question me and my lieges get angry, but they benefit themselves by making me their steward. If someone tries to get too much up my sleeve, then I always have enough money to fund the assassins for him.

Otherwise, I try to make a famous man. I choose any trait, but mostly go for proud and other prestige giving traits. With that character, I go wherever some prestige is available, and I sacrifice my family if it lets me gain more prestige. Being so famous, I end up making very jealous enemies, but I save up some funds to fight, assassinate or gift them.

For your notice: I have the Ruler Designer DLC. So I can make many other type of characters other than above. So I have my own dynasty of dukes and counts. But Ruler Designer DLC has its drawbacks too.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

The game engine named my English king "Cruel" as a nickname ( i have no idea why srsly), so in his last ten years i went ape-**** with my high intrigue and start butchering dukes and heirs like it was a Guyanese bbq at Jonestown. Really settled some scores. Wiped out whole families. Probably my greatest king.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I always give them the negative trains that increase fertility.
    Try doing that and then getting 4 wives as a Muslim leader... so... many... children.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I always give them the negative trains that increase fertility.
    Try doing that and then getting 4 wives as a Muslim leader... so... many... children.
    Its all fun and games until decadence comes knocking

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    Its all fun and games until decadence comes knocking
    Hehe, I was about to say that too.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

then you get the hashashin on your ass. It's not pretty.

Civis

When I used Leader Designer the first time I made my leader a mix of my dad (estonian) myself (traits which made him to someone who likes to read, likes to give women a good tumble, is economical, not very fond of fighting and synical) and a little bit of the original character's traits (his education). I have used the same leader twice. The next time I'll make someone like Stalin, or any other paranoid leader from history, and see how that works out.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

*******s.