Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Center

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Bug Center

I actually think I found the cause of several errors. I misspelled the ownership entries of Lanayru and Labrynna for several buildings in the export_descr_buildings file. Usually the game crashes moments after starting it up if there's an error in this file, so I'm surprised the game was even running in the first place.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@UndyingNephalim

Do I sense a patch?

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    @UndyingNephalim

Do I sense a patch?
    Probably would be a good idea. I theorize that the AI was trying to build something it was not supposed to. Likely the Inn or the Embassy since those were the two buildings that had incorrect spellings and thus factions listed in their ownership that did not exist. Since there are traits tied to those it probably caused all sorts of chaos. I'm sending updated files to a few people to test the theory, since I personally am not getting any of these crashes for some reason.

also , for some reason the darknuts have the option to build a siegeworks when they dont have a siege weapon

ZeR0199X's Avatar Centenarius

Not sure if this is a bug, but shouldnt the River Zora act like the Mongols from the vanilla game and actually attack any town. Because I am playing as Labrynna, (which now works with me), and all they do is stand around the rivers and don't move at all. I kind of expect them to assault my cities and troops. Also @Avatar I can confirm that the diplomats also have the default agent portraits.

EDIT: Question Neph, Why can't Labrynna recruit diplomats even when I build embassies in their cities.
    LONG LIVE THE MAD GOD! LONG LIVE MAJORA!!!

Marik Ravencroft-Cousland
    (Death by Ruby Guard) - Lyndis Cousland (Death by natural causes) - Selina Cousland (Retconned) - Lucius Cousland (Retconned)

Thomas Horatio Rolfe (Retconned) - Vincent Aurion (Soul consumed by demonic warrior, body now possessed) - Kriam Vaern

Pierre Lorraine
    (Death by natural causes)

@Zero

I copy that. Adjusting description. Also adding "River Zora stand around". May also add "Labrynna cannot recruit diplomats".

@nintendo64isking

Look in the description. Does a siegeworks allow any unit for them? If not, I will list that.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Patrician Artifex

I've uploaded two fixed files and attached them to this post. Paste these in the data folder and let me know if the campaign crashes stop.

Unable to load old save for obvious reasons. Starting a new one now.

Sorry for the double post, but I need I fear this may get overlooked in an edit. So far, the quickfix works. No CTD so far.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I need I fear this may get overlooked in an edit. So far, the quickfix works. No CTD so far.

Funny how misspelling Lanayru as "Lanryu" can cause all sorts of crazy errors.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Funny how misspelling Lanayru as "Lanryu" can cause all sorts of crazy errors.
    Shamefryu Dispray!
    You see what I did there?

Implemented the fix, can't wait to get going!
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Hehe played 30 turns gerudo and still no ctd Have to say assassins are incredibly powerfull! In 29th and 30th turn al my generals and family members where assassinated xD For revenge i am going to assassinate all hyrules family members.

does the file need to be extracted from the zip folder or not?

yup just extract the files to desktop or somewhere else and then copy them and place in data folder of Hyrule. You can also extract them direct to data folder.

right ive extracted the files and also left the zip file in the data folder, ill let you know if i encounter any new problems, also avatar - the siegeworks dont let the darknuts build anything, so it is an unnecessary building also the moblin meat building thingy has no bonus.

@Dutch Blue Guard

Even in Hyrule: Total War, it is the lone "hero" (or in this case assassin since there is no black and white good and evil) who can do far more than an army ever could.

@nintendo64isking

Understood. Adding it in now.

well, i have discovered that Lizal-stalfos can rout.

The kokiri AI acts really strange during sieges. They just stand outside and donīt do anything except firing the siege wepons (forgot the name), and when they destroyed the walls they just wait, so I have to storm out and loose a lot af man in a field battle.

Ps.: playing as Zora, only confirmed with dominion prime since it is the only town they attack.
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Since the fix, I can't load my previous Ordona save/autosave. I tried a new game, and it worked fine, but when I tried the Ordona save again, I got this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

16:49:38.194 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_38.tga,2359340
    16:49:38.194 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_38.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:38.253 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:38.254 [system.io] [trace] file open,,24E94570,2082
    16:49:38.254 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:38.254 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:38.255 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds
    16:49:38.255 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:38.255 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga
    16:49:38.256 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds,,not found
    16:49:38.256 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    16:49:38.256 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga,262188
    16:49:38.257 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:39.334 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:39.334 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds
    16:49:39.334 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:39.334 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga
    16:49:39.335 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds,,not found
    16:49:39.335 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    16:49:39.335 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga,196652
    16:49:39.335 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Hyrule/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    16:49:41.284 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

I've got the full thing saved
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

i too cannot load my darknut campaign but thats understandable, im having fun taking over the death mountain range as the zoras, no crashes to report, im renaming the goron settlements from things like 'Gor Unduga' to 'Zor Unduga' mwahahaha just need to get Gor Goronon now have to deal with Darunia come on Mage cannons dont let me down

Ah I have found a bug, the castle walls and some of the buildings on the Death Mountain Crater map were floating above ground, I still managed to take it away from those unclean Gorons, I shall now proclaim Death Mountain as Dominion Mountain! (though i must still deal with a large Goron contingent in Gor Goronon they dare to make a last stand against me pathetic!
    Last edited by nintendo64isking; September 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM.