Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Center

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Bug Center

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Goron Bombthrowers will randomly lock up in combat. One moment they're taking orders fine, and then they'll just stop responding. It doesn't matter if you issue move orders, attack orders, hit the withdraw button, or anything. They just stand like statues until they get slaughtered.
    That has been fixed. The fix will be implemented in the next patch.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    That has been fixed. The fix will be implemented in the next patch.
    Woops, must have missed that. Good to know.

Sorry for the doublepost, but I figure my report would be missed if I just editted it into the end of the last one.

Battle map for Snowpeak is bugged, at least while it is a village. Haven't been able to test the higher levels because I haven't the city built up that far yet. There are some floating buildings at the corner of town. Screenshots below:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

at the moment some units are unrecruitable in the campaign for example, lanayru cant get arurodas or battle crab archers. That has probably already been noted
    I shall consume... consume everything

Sorry, I forgot the map's name and forgot to take a screenshot, too, but I recently fought a campaign battle with the Moblins against Ordona.
    I had two armies, one was under siege in Ft. Eldara while the other one was standing right next to it, western direction.
    When I attacked the Ordonians with the army stationed in Ft. Eldara and set the other army as reinforcements, they couldn't join the fight because of the landscape.
    They were coming in from the West, but were unable to enter the battlefield because of impassable cliffs.

The other thing happened, when I lost my last settlement due to a revolt, but still had an army left. I didn't lose while my expenditure dropped to zero, but I still earned money from the king's purse.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

@Stal Keeta
    Cliffs have been an issue a couple of times, pretty much anywhere there are valleys. Sucks, but Neph knows about it
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

I unlocked the rebel faction for custom battles just to test em out and lo and behold link was in the mix just noting that as it stands he fights with his shield as his sword and his sword as his shield , a result of his left-handedness no doubt
    I shall consume... consume everything

@Ulfgard, nintendo64isking, and Stal Keeta

Thanks, I will add these bugs to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    I unlocked the rebel faction for custom battles just to test em out and lo and behold link was in the mix just noting that as it stands he fights with his shield as his sword and his sword as his shield , a result of his left-handedness no doubt
    I am now envious. I must adjust my files so that I may also use Link.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

Darknut Generals and Flagbearers get knocked over by their units constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakerz140 View Post
    Darknut Generals and Flagbearers get knocked over by their units constantly.
    Yes, it does seem like the darknuts enjoy tripping over themselves repeatedly. I will add this.

While testing for this bug I also found this. Just another texture bug, nothing much really.

I found this because, while testing the other bug, I thought, "What would Zuna Ziggurats look like on fire?" Here's the answer.

To be honest, it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would.

@Avatar of the Ice Wolf

Lol now i gotta go try that

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

The Master Entity does not have an attack. it says he's ranged, but he does not shoot anything, and does not have a melee. all he does is charge and laugh.
    Droma: :Rosa

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    The Master Entity does not have an attack. it says he's ranged, but he does not shoot anything, and does not have a melee. all he does is charge and laugh.
    Uh, if you mean the Majora Master Entity, then I do not think that should be included as a bug since Neph has not even released the Church of Majora in earnest. They are not currently supposed to be playable. I do not think they are supposed to be available for custom battles even in the completed version. This falls under the category, "not intended for player use, play at your own risk."

Another thing I noticed is, that the Ikanians seem to have some problem with suppressing revolts in their capital.
    Whenever they actually managed to take Ikana and hold it for some time, they ended up getting kicked out of it after a quite short time.
    I donīt know what causes it, but their civil order is usually only at 50% or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Stal Keeta View Post
    Another thing I noticed is, that the Ikanians seem to have some problem with suppressing revolts in their capital.
    Whenever they actually managed to take Ikana and hold it for some time, they ended up getting kicked out of it after a quite short time.
    I donīt know what causes it, but their civil order is usually only at 50% or less.
    Its probably because they are trying to convert from strict goddess worship to majora worship.

Hey guys, I'm really impressed with the progress that has been made thus far on this project.

So, I've only played a few turns thus far as Hyrule, Gorons, and Deku. Here's what I think:

• The world map is amazing, but move distances are tiny by comparison to the distances between settlements. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it sure means it takes many seasons just to get from place to place.
    • Goron unit upkeep is prohibitive. I found that just maintaining garisson units put me deep in the red, especially if I had any aspirations of an aggressive empire-building strategy.
    • Goron unit captains can't roll, which leaves them to get run over by their own men. This leaves them stunned and straggling a huge distance from their units, who then have to wait for them to catch up. Needless to say, this leaves the units vulnerable because they don't brace, or combat is initiated with a unit captain far away from the body of his unit.
    • Deku units seem to have a hard time firing, or at least they take ages to shoot. In a battle against the Kokiri my army was decimated despite my numerical superiority due to the fact that my units couldn't make up their mind whether to do their "winding up" animation or actually shoot at the targets. This should probably be considered priority. I didn't have this problem in the previous version, if I remember correctly.

Those are my two cents for now, I'm sure I'll have more to say as I mess around with this more.

Also, I noticed there's a lot of flavor text that needs editing. I've been told I'm a very good writer, and I'd be more than happy to look over it and proofread (and maybe write some myself) if I could have access to the script files.

Gerudo: Dune archers got no melee weapon as back up, They punch with their fists. Dont know if that is intented. And in campaign they cost only 40 rupee what have to be 400.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage62 View Post
    The world map is amazing, but move distances are tiny by comparison to the distances between settlements. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it sure means it takes many seasons just to get from place to place.
    The World map is far from complete. As it stands, there is a lot of space between settlements. The movement rate of units has been kept standard. If you are interested, look at Zectorman's continuation of PaulH's map redesign. The folks there have been working on ideas for more regions and a more balanced campaign map.

Goron unit upkeep is prohibitive. I found that just maintaining garisson units put me deep in the red, especially if I had any aspirations of an aggressive empire-building strategy.
    The Zora have the same problem. As a quick fix (non-permanent) to the initial unit and upkeep cost problem, Neph standardized upkeep to half of the unit cost. For the high-cost races such as the Gorons, Zora, and Darknut Legion, this creates a massive finance problem. My suggestion is to standardize upkeep at about one-fifth of the unit cost.

Goron unit captains can't roll, which leaves them to get run over by their own men. This leaves them stunned and straggling a huge distance from their units, who then have to wait for them to catch up. Needless to say, this leaves the units vulnerable because they don't brace, or combat is initiated with a unit captain far away from the body of his unit.
    Goron captains have the same model and animation of Ruby Guards/Fire Warriors. These units cannot roll due to their heavy equipment. For this reason, it is best to have either a family member or a Ruby Guard or Fire Warrior battalion lead the Goron ranks so the captain is not vulnerable. In fact, Ruby Guardians are considered the most overpowered single unit in the game, although I personally would give that honor to the Big Octo Battle Platform. I don't believe there can be a fix for this, as captains and such are standardized throughout the faction in the absence of a family member.

Deku units seem to have a hard time firing, or at least they take ages to shoot. In a battle against the Kokiri my army was decimated despite my numerical superiority due to the fact that my units couldn't make up their mind whether to do their "winding up" animation or actually shoot at the targets. This should probably be considered priority. I didn't have this problem in the previous version, if I remember correctly.

That is already listed as "Deku Scrubs secondary ranged attack is full of fail." To engage in melee, hold down the alt button when telling your men to attack. (assuming of course that you are using default controls.) This will cause them to charge in melee instead of attempt to shoot nuts at people.

Also, I noticed there's a lot of flavor text that needs editing. I've been told I'm a very good writer, and I'd be more than happy to look over it and proofread (and maybe write some myself) if I could have access to the script files.
    UndyingNephalim is working on that. If you wish to help, pm him and see if where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Blue Guard View Post
    Gerudo: Dune archers got no melee weapon as back up, They punch with their fists. Dont know if that is intented. And in campaign they cost only 40 rupee what have to be 400.
    I'll add this one.
    Last edited by Avatar of the Ice Wolf; August 03, 2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: replaced word "engage" with "attack" for clarity reasons

I'm not sure whether this was is linked to anything already posted, but I get a CTD everytime i attack a darknut city. playing as Gohma

darknut generals, family members and faction leaders all cause CTDs when they enter a battle. It's on the list of things to do