Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Center

Default Re: Bug Center

the labrynna captain is also bugged, the colour doesnt appear, hes just a shiny silvery texture
    I shall consume... consume everything

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Finall had some time to tday to fix a few bugs on the list.

I've fixed:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Twili Bloats seem too strong in melee.
    - Princess Zelda II can be recruited when the "no heros" option has been turned on.
    - Event based faction leaders appear to spawn in odd places. (I presume this meant Akazoo, Zant, and Igos)
    - Ordona Farmers have no upkeep.
    - Kokiri Generals' models are not appearing in custom battles.
    - Hyrule Castle may pop up instead of forts. It has thus far been encountered when fighting a Lanayru fort and when using quick battle.
    - Upgrading Roads does not provide additional income.
    - Factions with No Deity Worship have no means to counter religious unrest. Give them the means to do so.
    - Deku Generals have a completely black mask.
    - Fix Emerging Faction Units spawning for other armies that control their targeted city.
    - Limit the age of adopted Generals
    - Fix Unit Cards for these units: Electromancers, Powder Keg Launcher
    - Check Kokiri Barracks
    - Get rid of Saxon Name Generating Faction from the Diplomacy Scroll.
    - Check Wizzrobe Faction Icon and names in battles.
    - Fix starting General loyalty
    - Labrynna's melee is lacking early on. Do something cool for them.
    - Goron Bombers melee attack not working right.

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    a similsr thing happened to me. i destroyed all the Wizzrobe cities, but could not find the faction leader. then much later in the game i found him outside of Ordonofawn.
    I've actually noticed that myself, if the Wizzrobes lose all cities they make there way to grid 1, 1 on the campaign map. Of course that location is blocked off, so they get stuck wandering around in Ordona and Moblin territory. I have no clue why this happens, as it only happens with the Wizzrobe and none of the other emerging factions if they lose all their cities. I guess Nostrum really likes the plains down there.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Finall had some time to tday to fix a few bugs on the list.

I've fixed:

- Twili Bloats seem too strong in melee.
    - Princess Zelda II can be recruited when the "no heros" option has been turned on.
    - Event based faction leaders appear to spawn in odd places. (I presume this meant Akazoo, Zant, and Igos)
    - Ordona Farmers have no upkeep.
    - Kokiri Generals' models are not appearing in custom battles.
    - Hyrule Castle may pop up instead of forts. It has thus far been encountered when fighting a Lanayru fort and when using quick battle.
    - Upgrading Roads does not provide additional income.
    - Factions with No Deity Worship have no means to counter religious unrest. Give them the means to do so.
    - Deku Generals have a completely black mask.
    - Fix Emerging Faction Units spawning for other armies that control their targeted city.
    - Limit the age of adopted Generals
    - Fix Unit Cards for these units: Electromancers, Powder Keg Launcher
    - Check Kokiri Barracks
    - Get rid of Saxon Name Generating Faction from the Diplomacy Scroll.
    - Check Wizzrobe Faction Icon and names in battles.
    - Fix starting General loyalty
    - Labrynna's melee is lacking early on. Do something cool for them.
    - Goron Bombers melee attack not working right.
    These bugs are officially listed as fixed.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

There is nor road that conect dominion prime and kakariko.
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenfan View Post
    There is nor road that conect dominion prime and kakariko.
    I've actually fixed that recently since the last version.

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't know if this would be considered a bug or not. But I was doing a custom battle against Zora with the gorons, and after the battle had already been completed and I was just chasing the routing Zora cavalry. There was this weird bug where one octorok rider was just riding around just out of reach all over the battlefield while my army was right on his tail the whole time, but being slowly taken out. The crazy part is this lone octorok rider killed the rest of my troops and refused to run away.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

Quote Originally Posted by Attaxer View Post
    I don't know if this would be considered a bug or not. But I was doing a custom battle against Zora with the gorons, and after the battle had already been completed and I was just chasing the routing Zora cavalry. There was this weird bug where one octorok rider was just riding around just out of reach all over the battlefield while my army was right on his tail the whole time, but being slowly taken out. The crazy part is this lone octorok rider killed the rest of my troops and refused to run away.
    I've had that happen to me too. What's worse though is that there were three rampaging Big Octos coupled with the glitch that did not allow the enemy reinforcements to enter the battlefield. The result? I was forced to kill the octos, or the battle would not end. I eventually killed it, but the three rampagers killed more than the rest of the army. I've also noticed a bug with ordona. I've only seen it happened once so I am not ready to call it a bug yet but... their shepherd flocks refused to route. They ran into the maps corners but could not exit the battlefield. I had my Gohma Adolescents pick them off (they were rampaging so I didn't want to get close) but it took forever.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Great Work! but in the mini-map, the map of MTW2 (Europe, Asia, Africa, etc.) can be seen through the Hyrule map.

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    I've had that happen to me too. What's worse though is that there were three rampaging Big Octos coupled with the glitch that did not allow the enemy reinforcements to enter the battlefield. The result? I was forced to kill the octos, or the battle would not end. I eventually killed it, but the three rampagers killed more than the rest of the army. I've also noticed a bug with ordona. I've only seen it happened once so I am not ready to call it a bug yet but... their shepherd flocks refused to route. They ran into the maps corners but could not exit the battlefield. I had my Gohma Adolescents pick them off (they were rampaging so I didn't want to get close) but it took forever.
    Exactly what happened to me Except my game crashed because I wondered what would happen if the thing killed the rest of my army which it did. I sicked the rest of my army on it and it trambled over all of them over time, but it took forever. Because it had already said I won the battle and the enemy did not retreat and i had no army the game crashed.

▲ ▲

Quenya's Map

Quote Originally Posted by aquilaXXI View Post
    Great Work! but in the mini-map, the map of MTW2 (Europe, Asia, Africa, etc.) can be seen through the Hyrule map.
    you probably have 1.0 still loaded, If you redownload it with 1.1, core files and 1.12 loaded you won't see the europe map.

Neph, I don't know if it is a bug or you just haven't gotten around to it but it seems at least when i played as the moblins that leather tanners added no benefit to my troops.

Wakerz140's Avatar Ducenarius

none of the weapon or armor buildings work do anything yet. It's on the list of stuff to fix.

T34mki11's Avatar Laetus

It seems all traditional siege weapons in my game are only capable of shooting cow carcasses. My game starts getting laggy from all the fumes, and sieges are impossible. Maybe I did something wrong, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by T34mki11 View Post
    It seems all traditional siege weapons in my game are only capable of shooting cow carcasses. My game starts getting laggy from all the fumes, and sieges are impossible. Maybe I did something wrong, any ideas?
    The Lizalfos catapults are supposed to be able to shoot animal carcasses. Other races should have varying siege equipment, though they all should launch attacks in some way or form. (examples: Hylian trebuchets launch boulders and flaming boulders, Zora Mage cannons send bolts of lightning through enemy lines, Goron Powder Keg launchers launch powder kegs which may explode mid-air to cause a rain of fire.) If you are only receiving generic siege weapons that launch cow carcasses as any race besides Lizalfos then there is probably an issue with your installation.

New item for today. If Twili capture a town, a generic Moor's faction flag appears over the town instead of the twili flag. Screenshot proof in spoiler.

Off-topc, HYRULE IS MINE.. err... the Kokiri's!
    Last edited by Avatar of the Ice Wolf; July 25, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

New bug today, Armogohmas fail against walls. They do about as much damage as the powder kegs were doing.

Alright, here's a short list of what I've encountered so far. Some of it has already been reported, and I'm just reposting for confirmation or elaboration, other stuff I didn't find in the thread yet.

First: Heroes aren't getting battle models in my campaign. I know it seems that they work for some folks and not others, but I'm just sharing that it's a problem for me as well.

Second: Siege ladders only reach about 75% of the way to the top of a wall. Siege towers and rams are still fine.

Third: Lizalfos models get kinda buggy during battles. Their necks deform and expand and contract and kink up, and it looks very, very odd.

Fourth: Not all settlements seem to be upgradable. I know it's been reported for Lanayru, but I've encountered similar problems as the Gerudo and Lizalfos- one or more settlements did not have any further levels of development despite having in excess of 50,000 population. (Tested through use of the console, when building options didn't seem to appear at normal thresholds).

Some settlements show expansion options for both a castle and town of appropriate level, without having clicked the "convert this settlement" option. IIRC, Ft. Ayloch is one of them.

==
    That's all off the top of my head. Hope some of these were helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Alright, here's a short list of what I've encountered so far. Some of it has already been reported, and I'm just reposting for confirmation or elaboration, other stuff I didn't find in the thread yet.

First: Heroes aren't getting battle models in my campaign. I know it seems that they work for some folks and not others, but I'm just sharing that it's a problem for me as well.

Second: Siege ladders only reach about 75% of the way to the top of a wall. Siege towers and rams are still fine.

Third: Lizalfos models get kinda buggy during battles. Their necks deform and expand and contract and kink up, and it looks very, very odd.

Fourth: Not all settlements seem to be upgradable. I know it's been reported for Lanayru, but I've encountered similar problems as the Gerudo and Lizalfos- one or more settlements did not have any further levels of development despite having in excess of 50,000 population. (Tested through use of the console, when building options didn't seem to appear at normal thresholds).

Some settlements show expansion options for both a castle and town of appropriate level, without having clicked the "convert this settlement" option. IIRC, Ft. Ayloch is one of them.

==
    That's all off the top of my head. Hope some of these were helpful.
    -The first one was already added as a bug.

-Will add the siege ladder bug.

-I'll check out the Lizalfos models in battle and check Xebenkeck's animation tests for the Lizalfos. I will add that bug if necessary.

-Apparently villages are not upgradable regardless of population. I've been able to upgrade most towns and castles. Please list specific towns if they did not start as villages. Will add this as a bug.

-The last one on the list is a bit of an odd one. Nephalim has listed "investigate Fort Ayloch." May you please list any other settlement this has been happening in?

Thank you for your contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    -Apparently villages are not upgradable regardless of population. I've been able to upgrade most towns and castles. Please list specific towns if they did not start as villages. Will add this as a bug.

-The last one on the list is a bit of an odd one. Nephalim has listed "investigate Fort Ayloch." May you please list any other settlement this has been happening in?

Thank you for your contributions.
    Villages aren't? Hmm, good to know.

I'll have a look back at other settlements that may or may not function properly. I'm just happy to help.

----------------

Okay, so it isn't thoroughly done, but based on your response, I've run a series of quick tests.

First, I screenshotted the weirdness with Ft. Ayloch. I know we've already identified strange stuff, but I figured a screenshot never hurts.

Secondly, what surprised me about villages not being upgradable was the fact that it is not consistent. For example, Timberfell can be expanded normally, while many other villages cannot!

On a related note: I found a temporary workaround for the villages which don't appear to be upgradeable as per normal. If you convert it to a Motte and Bailey and then back again, it unlocks the appropriate town size upgrade.
    Last edited by Ulfgard the Unmaker; July 27, 2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: New information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Villages aren't? Hmm, good to know.

I'll have a look back at other settlements that may or may not function properly. I'm just happy to help.

----------------

Okay, so it isn't thoroughly done, but based on your response, I've run a series of quick tests.

First, I screenshotted the weirdness with Ft. Ayloch. I know we've already identified strange stuff, but I figured a screenshot never hurts.

Secondly, what surprised me about villages not being upgradable was the fact that it is not consistent. For example, Timberfell can be expanded normally, while many other villages cannot!

On a related note: I found a temporary workaround for the villages which don't appear to be upgradeable as per normal. If you convert it to a Motte and Bailey and then back again, it unlocks the appropriate town size upgrade.
    Thanks for the information. I will list this appropriately.

Goron Bombthrowers will randomly lock up in combat. One moment they're taking orders fine, and then they'll just stop responding. It doesn't matter if you issue move orders, attack orders, hit the withdraw button, or anything. They just stand like statues until they get slaughtered.