Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Center

mcloud's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bug Center

This is two pictures of the language problem I am experiencing with the game. One is the city in the Hylians campaign and the other is the Gorons campaign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000002.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1,010.1 KB 
ID:	291870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000004.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	781.8 KB 
ID:	291871

I encourtered a pretty annoying problem in my campaign. I played as Gorons and around turn 76 the game crashed. I continued the game from the last save and managed to continue a couple of turns further, but then game crashed again. Crashes became more frequent until eventually I could not continue from the save (Most propably corrupted save). There was no apparent reason for the crash, such as certain units in certain battles, or certain cities occupied. I have previously also had the same problem with Lizalfos, 75 turns of game until crashes start coming.

From the little I understand of the log files, it seems that some "Character FissureA" does not exist. Other than that, I am not able to find the problem.

Attachment 292979
    Attachment 292980
    Attachment 292981

By the way, sorry for broken english. Feel free to ask or correct if there is something mysterious.

I'm working on a list of bugs that I find while playing through the mod (Which is so very great.), but I noticed something that hasn't changed through the patches, and that's the Maximum unit pool. Is there some reason it's only at 2 for each and every unit? I know this isn't a bug or tech issue, but it just really bothers me and makes me feel that I need to keep constantly recruiting units to make sure I keep things effiecent. I'm not saying this needs to be patched, but is there a way I can go through and change these values for myself?

I'm only posting this in the Bug center because I don't know where to put it and I don't feel it deserves it's on forum.

Thanks in advance!

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by rawrieatchu View Post
    I'm working on a list of bugs that I find while playing through the mod (Which is so very great.), but I noticed something that hasn't changed through the patches, and that's the Maximum unit pool. Is there some reason it's only at 2 for each and every unit?
    It's set that way in export_descr_buildings.txt to keep things in a sort of balance while features are still being added to the game (from what I can tell anyway).
    To change it, look at this example line from the txt:

recruit_pool "Swordsmen Recruits" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { hylian, }

You can build a new unit only when you have enough points for a unit. In this example, 1 is the starting number of points, you gain .2 points per turn, and 2 is the maximum number you can have (0 is exp level, unrelated to this discussion). Just change the numbers as you like.

Source:
    http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml

This might be a known bug, but I had some interesting battles in my campaign, when I fought as Stalfos against Kokiri-led Gohma or Hylians under Blood Mage's command. It was quite funny, but it seems that the question mark used for rebel captains does not always work on the campaign map. (Or the battle map, though I do not remember wthether it was there at all...)

So the issue shortly: Captains for rebel forces are quite random. Totally nothing game-breaking, but maybe worth mentoning, as the question mark captains I see sometimes indicate, that such randomness is unwanted.

Civis

I have a question related to the crash that seems to be that "Character FissureA" does not exist. I was looking at the file "campaing_script" located in \mods\Hyrule\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign in the line 112563 (wow, I see why each turn takes so much time) and i saw this all in one line:
    ;and not IsFactionAIControlled move FissureA, 137, 49 ; select_character FissureA; select_ui_element construction_button ; simulate_mouse_click lclick_down

I´m not a modder nor anything close but, it is normal?. I have changed things other files to correct (in my opinion) some aspect of the campaign, like one thing in export_descr_buildings file allowing the darknut and the twili to upgrade their cities, etc (but thats it) and I had not see many ";" in one line. I hope it is the problem that can be solved and not something that the notepad just interpreted like that.

I've noticed in my last few battles as Kokiri vs Hyrule that the Hylian Repeater Crossbow kills the Hylian soldier standing at the front of it. It has happened in both siege maps and field battles.

At around turn 75 I'm given Mirora as a new faction leader and all of a sudden every winning battle allows me to adopt captains into my family, adopted members have vanilla game portraits, Mirora's traits dont show up even though it stated them in her entry notice she also has no command/loyalty/etc. and her name doesn't show up on the campaign map.

The holy pilgrams release only fixes the rams and towers, it doesn't fix the walls which are currently counted as buildings (neph said it is a simple miskeak by him) this means that the only way you can get in a settlement is to attack the gate, the AI doesn't even try to attack you
    Hi people, I'm new here, I have a question about ram/siege towers, I also have that problem in which they get destroyed in one fire arrow shot. Now, I saw this post by Jakeford on page 32, but I can't seem to find that fix by Holy Pilgrim (maybe I overlooked it somewhere). If someone can help me I would really appreciate it, ty in advance

Civis

Successfully defending against a relief force and the reinforcing defenders from a town causes a CTD after the decision to execute, ransom or free prisoners is taken. The relief force is the aggressor instead of the defenders sallying out thus the battle is in an open field. Possibly related to the defenders of the town dying and the town changing ownership?
    Had this happen with the Fairies of Tarm against Kokiri and with the Gerudo against Hyrule.

Civis

Looks like a similar crash occurs if a unit from a city is involved in a fight outside the city. After a victorious battle when the defending enemy armies start retreating into the city, the army outside the city retreats to the city and immeaditely after that CTD. Something to do with city's defenders taking part in a battle outside the city instead of the town changing ownership?
    Link to logs

mcloud's Avatar Civis

First off I would like say that I found out about a file that was changed when it installed the mod that made the language different. That is no longer causing problems, but during the campaign I receive no missions to complete (in V2 I got the first mission around turn 10 I think). I am already at turn 40 something and the mission menu has been blank for the entire time. Also when I accept the subrosians when they want join my faction i can't move troops to or from the subrosian core area to the actual map(the underground tunnel thing is considered a general and I can move the unit anywhere in the subrosian core are as well, the other one is stuck in place where I believe it should be).

Quick question for anyone who has played this mod a lot longer than me. Do you receive membership requests from the subrosians or the zuna whenever your factions power is either supreme or respectable or possibly modest on the? I ask because I started I campaign with the fairies of tarm and the subrosians requested to join my faction shortly after the gorons started a war with me (around turn 20 to 25).

When I make a custom battle, it won't let me choose a settlement.
    I click "settlements" and it says "no settlements present".
    I have Hyrule Total War version 3.0.1.
    Any idea as to how this can be fixed?
    Thanks.

mcloud's Avatar Civis

There is bug that crashes the game when you play as the stalfos. It happens when I take hyrule prime. I am able to kill the soldiers stationed there and there reinforcements but after the battle if I have prisoners and I execute them it crashes and if there is no prisoners and still crashes.

mcloud's Avatar Civis

Can anyone tell me how to make the darknuts quit staggering in battle? I think I do something in the export_descr_unit file but can't figure out what. Help would be appreciated.

I have found that the temples /religious buildings are unique to the settlement instead of the faction so how do I convert the faith of the settlement

also, I think this was already noted but in some settlements' walls are considered buildings to the game so siege towers and ladders are not usable

Quote Originally Posted by mattposidon View Post
    I have found that the temples /religious buildings are unique to the settlement instead of the faction so how do I convert the faith of the settlement

also, I think this was already noted but in some settlements' walls are considered buildings to the game so siege towers and ladders are not usable
    about the religion buildings, they are set to need 25% of the population worshiping their specific region. This can be fixed pretty easily, just go into your medieval 2 total war folder > mods > hyrule > Export_descr_buildings Then find the different relgion buildings and at the end of the faction list the the building is avaiable to it will have requirements to build it, just delete that. It is also set to each faction being about to build every single one of the relgious buildings, so changing the faction list to only those that worship the religion would be a good idea, don't want any majora worshiping gorons

mcloud's Avatar Civis

This may or may not be a bug, but when I attack a settlement in the campaign and I move my battering to ram to attack the gate. It somehow gets destroyed even if there is no ranged unit in the settlement under siege. (This has happend with every faction I have played as and in custom settlements. the defenses of the city were that of malkariko(it was a rebel settlement when I attacked it as the sheikah) and orlara (rebel settlement that I attacked as the Lybrynna Regime). I attacked within the first 5 to 10 turns.

mcloud's Avatar Civis

In custom battles the game crashes when I chose the Old Moblin Kingdom map to fight on.

mcloud's Avatar Civis

An the subrosia map. (sorry for the triple post)