Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Center

Aipe's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bug Center

What the..... i thought custom settlements werent on the game at all

Edit so no double post: voices seem to be enabled (at least in my game)... shouldnt they be desabled?
    Last edited by Aipe; July 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zacen299 View Post
    Besides Zelda I does anyone know if any other heroes don't exist in their units? Like their lead by a normal general of their faction instead of them.
    Strange, hero's models are showing up just fine for me in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeR0199X View Post
    I think this is a bug, anyway.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is me as Hyrule attacking a Lanayru Zora fort. Instead of a fort, its Hyrule Castle. Just wanted to bring this up.
    How the freaking heck did THAT get in there?!?!?!?!

Uhhhh.... surprise accidental sneak preview of Hyrule Castle!

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Not a bug per se, but every few turns I end turn, the game throws a fit with the words:
    11:13:57.863 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    I have a log from when I saved manually just before ending turn (it's something I do), to the crash itself. The weird thing is, if I load the game back up, I can end turn a few more times before this happens again.
    Not a game breaker, but definitely disconcerting.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

the hyryle castle glitch has happened to me as well, when i've tried to start up a quick battle.

@Mattwensley

the same thing happens to me. my brother was playing as the Deku, but forgot to save for a while, and hhis game crashed. after that, it started to crash ALL THE TIME!!! it's very annoying.
    Droma: :Rosa

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by ZeR0199X View Post
    I think this is a bug, anyway.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is me as Hyrule attacking a Lanayru Zora fort. Instead of a fort, its Hyrule Castle. Just wanted to bring this up.
    WHAAAT!? Ok, that definitely is bug of the year. Excellent find.

@UndyingNephalim

Saria, Darunia, Princess Zelda, King Farkos, and most of the non-boss units do not have their model appear in a campaign battle. They are replaced by a vanilla unit for that faction. Their icon is there, but their model isn't. I will have to list that as a bug if you intended for their models to be in the campaign.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    Not a bug per se, but every few turns I end turn, the game throws a fit with the words:
    11:13:57.863 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    I have a log from when I saved manually just before ending turn (it's something I do), to the crash itself. The weird thing is, if I load the game back up, I can end turn a few more times before this happens again.
    Not a game breaker, but definitely disconcerting.
    Related to adding or increasing a trait for a character. Will investigate...

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Saria, Darunia, Princess Zelda, King Farkos, and most of the non-boss units do not have their model appear in a campaign battle. They are replaced by a vanilla unit for that faction. Their icon is there, but their model isn't. I will have to list that as a bug if you intended for their models to be in the campaign.
    I'm really not sure why this is the case, they all appear for me in the campaign with no problem. Perhaps you guys are doing something with their unit that causes the game to remove their battle models? I'm not sure what could cause that though.

WHAAAT!? Ok, that definitely is bug of the year. Excellent find.

@UndyingNephalim

mine are in there fine too.

if only neph could figure out how u did that with the castle, he could do it to everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I'm really not sure why this is the case, they all appear for me in the campaign with no problem. Perhaps you guys are doing something with their unit that causes the game to remove their battle models? I'm not sure what could cause that though.
    I'll run more campaigns to try and figure this out. All I know is that Saria was not there in any of the battles I fought with her and Darunia and Farkos were not present either when fighting against them. I cannot say for Princess Zelda since I killed her in a pathetic auto-resolve.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

I'll run more campaigns to try and figure this out. All I know is that Saria was not there in any of the battles I fought with her and Darunia and Farkos were not present either when fighting against them. I cannot say for Princess Zelda since I killed her in a pathetic auto-resolve.
    The named characters do seem pretty suicidal in the campaign map. They just garrison pathetic towns alone and get crushed.

Related to adding or increasing a trait for a character. Will investigate...

@Nephalim. Hero unit's can not be retrained due to them being an unlocalised placement text. If i remember right, unlocalised placement text means the computer doesn't have a unit from which to assign to the hero, at least not a unit or a description that it recognizes. It's probably because when you give them a name instead of putting down their unit (i.e) instead of writing Emerald Archers, you put Saria. The Comp doesn't have a unit in the campaign script called "Saria" so it just reads it as unlocalised placement text.

this may help

http://mjollnir.twcenter.net/forums/...d.php?t=211121
    Last edited by Scar86; July 11, 2012 at 05:48 PM.

I'm not getting any music at all. Anyone know if this is a normal problem?

This mod is awesome btw.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Scar86 View Post

@Nephalim. Hero unit's can not be retrained due to them being an unlocalised placement text. If i remember right, unlocalised placement text means the computer doesn't have a unit from which to assign to the hero, at least not a unit or a description that it recognizes. It's probably because when you give them a name instead of putting down their unit (i.e) instead of writing Emerald Archers, you put Saria. The Comp doesn't have a unit in the campaign script called "Saria" so it just reads it as unlocalised placement text.

this may help

It should work regardless whether the game has a name for them or not. Dictionary entries for units are dictated in the EDU, not the export_units.txt, the file responsible for the "Unlocalised Placement Text"

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Scar86 View Post

this may help

I fixed the unlocalized placement text problem in the patch I just released. Even so that only effects the tooltips and descriptions of units, it should not cause any problems with retraining and it certainly should not effect the Hero's Battle Model appearing as the general, which is handled in the campaign_script file.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackamusJones
    I'm not getting any music at all. Anyone know if this is a normal problem?
    Two possible problems:

1) If the background menu is also missing or it shows the stock Medieval 2 menu, you did not install the Core Files.

2) The Holy Pilgrim knows the 2nd solution.

I fixed the unlocalized placement text problem in the patch I just released. Even so that only effects the tooltips and descriptions of units, it should not cause any problems with retraining and it certainly should not effect the Hero's Battle Model appearing as the general, which is handled in the campaign_script file.

Two possible problems:

1) If the background menu is also missing or it shows the stock Medieval 2 menu, you did not install the Core Files.

2) The Holy Pilgrim knows the 2nd solution.
    Actually, yeah, the stock background is there. Guess I should reinstall then?

Ah, I got the core files from moddb. I can't believe I overlooked that in the first place. I must've been herp derping all over. Thanks for the wonderful mod. :

1. It looks like streets dont have any affect on trading income, even if both cities have them, the income is the same like without, there are also none of the little carriages on the roads that show the traiding in the area.

2. Pirate ships spawning in the zora lake.

I ran a new campaign after installing the new patch. (The patch made the campaign a lot smoother by the way). Still, neither Princess Zelda nor Nardu the White showed up when I fought them. They were replaced by a Triforce Vanguard and a Song-Sayer respectively. I searched their entire battalion for the heros, and they were not there.

@Drachenfan

I'll check the roads and see what effect they have. They probably have the same problems the farms had. I've seen the Pirate ships for myself, I'll add that to the list.

So when is this going to be moved into the Bugs/ Technical issues subforum?

zacen299's Avatar Senator

I ran a new campaign after installing the new patch. (The patch made the campaign a lot smoother by the way). Still, neither Princess Zelda nor Nardu the White showed up when I fought them. They were replaced by a Triforce Vanguard and a Song-Sayer respectively. I searched their entire battalion for the heros, and they were not there.

@Drachenfan

I'll check the roads and see what effect they have. They probably have the same problems the farms had. I've seen the Pirate ships for myself, I'll add that to the list.
    Yeah now that you say that the Triforce Vanguard is what Zelda turned into for me as well. Except shouldn't they use Spears while this one was using a sword (though I am probably wrong.)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    So when is this going to be moved into the Bugs/ Technical issues subforum?
    Uh, I swear that wasn't there when I made this thread. As a matter of fact, I just noticed that today. I'll move it now but I'll keep this one running until people transition into the new one and this one dies.