Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Center

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Bug Center

Question marks are not a bug. With the Mirror of Twilight system in place it's impossible to have multiple models for rebel generals (which would be needed in the instance of wildlife). I thought a question mark was the best compromise.

Farms appearing across your territory when you build farms is not a bug either. It's been around for several versions.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Fighting Peahat rebels - about 5 groups, so ~36 of them with three groups of Ordona Militiamen (Ordona's General unit now! What?!). According to the battle commence screen, success was greatly in my favour. In battle, it was entirely one sided, losing everything. I reloaded, autoresolved, and killed them all for a loss of about 8 men. Not really a bug, but the game isn't giving them the value they deserve.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Meerv's Avatar Civis

Is it normal that I have every faction unlocked ? (Fairies, Ikana, Stalfos etc...)

Ruin excavation missions can be destroyed like any other building and rebuilt, thus enabling you to excavate as many times as you like. Is there a way of making an expedition an upgrade of a unique building that cannot be directly built? That would stop people being able to do this.

I already stated this in the releases Thread but since this is a bug will post it here again:

Playing as Wizzrobe, I allied the Zuna, which was enough to make them join me (round 8, no cites). Next round, I´ve got an offer for adoption and the Zuna general became my faction leader.
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Matt

I already have it listed that autoresolve does not accurately portray an army's strength.

@Drachenfan

That's... interesting to say the least. I'll get that up.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Wizzrobes build Goddess acknowledgement statues and buildings instead of strict goddess ones, thus shooting themselves in the foot.

@Mjolnr

I copy that. Will add that one.

@UndyingNephalim

I removed the question mark bug. By the way, what's the word on Fairy recruitment?

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

I've also eventually ended up with every campaign so far no matter race with adoption.

@Mjolnr

Only tested 2 races in-depth so far (Fairies and River Zoras). Fairies I saw had adoption, River Zoras did not. I will test the other races once I get my computer operational again.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    Ruin excavation missions can be destroyed like any other building and rebuilt, thus enabling you to excavate as many times as you like. Is there a way of making an expedition an upgrade of a unique building that cannot be directly built? That would stop people being able to do this.
    Yeah I can make it so that they can't be destroyed and rebuilt. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    By the way, what's the word on Fairy recruitment?
    That's definitely a bug, sounds like the same bug that ruined the Deku Tribes in the last version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    I've also eventually ended up with every campaign so far no matter race with adoption.
    What races and what turns did the adoptions happen?

@Neph

As for times I can't remember, but for factions it was Hyrule, Twili definitely. Possibly River Zora as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Yeah I can make it so that they can't be destroyed and rebuilt. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Blast it, should have kept that to myself!

zacen299's Avatar Senator

Question marks are not a bug. With the Mirror of Twilight system in place it's impossible to have multiple models for rebel generals (which would be needed in the instance of wildlife). I thought a question mark was the best compromise.

Farms appearing across your territory when you build farms is not a bug either. It's been around for several versions.
    Well I know Farms are supposed to show up on the map that's not what I mean. I mean literally the entire territory you build the farm on gains farm texture (well if it's grass.) Like say Nal Ordona it is nothing but farm now. Same with Hyrule Prime. (I toggle fow so I could check.) I might try to take a screenshot of what I mean next time I play. Currently far to busy playing what games I got for christmas.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Hey everyone. I've been trying to fix a problem with running this mod. About a week ago I was running the past version fine. I had to uninstall it all so now there is no data of old version left. I have tried installing the new version (I use both the main installer and core files, I've tried installing them both in either order) and installation appear to go fine. When I try to satrt up the mod, no matter what UI i select, if the game loads up form a successful UI selection, all that comes up is the game loading screen, or the slash image. From there it just crashes, no error, nothing. There is no log folder inside the medieval II: total war directory hat i can find, and no files about any logs. The only issue ive found is I've heard that in the regular game, running the "kingdoms.exe" file doesn't work, you need to use one of the side games. Well heres one thing I found related to that maybe, this has appeared only when I try to run the "AUI" batch file in the "Hyrule" folder in the "mods" folder as administrator, and select correct UI startup option (example: hit 1 for civilized, then 1 again for Hyrule, then enter). This apppears below what is already there on the second prcoess (after the first 1, used in the example):

The system cannot find the path specified.

after those 3 lines a box pops up saying this:

Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

That's it. Can anyone help me please? I'm now dying to play this update, and this is just getting very frusturating. On a side note i have uninstalled both the mod and main game several times.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    Hey everyone. I've been trying to fix a problem with running this mod. About a week ago I was running the past version fine. I had to uninstall it all so now there is no data of old version left. I have tried installing the new version (I use both the main installer and core files, I've tried installing them both in either order) and installation appear to go fine. When I try to satrt up the mod, no matter what UI i select, if the game loads up form a successful UI selection, all that comes up is the game loading screen, or the slash image. From there it just crashes, no error, nothing. There is no log folder inside the medieval II: total war directory hat i can find, and no files about any logs. The only issue ive found is I've heard that in the regular game, running the "kingdoms.exe" file doesn't work, you need to use one of the side games. Well heres one thing I found related to that maybe, this has appeared only when I try to run the "AUI" batch file in the "Hyrule" folder in the "mods" folder as administrator, and select correct UI startup option (example: hit 1 for civilized, then 1 again for Hyrule, then enter). This apppears below what is already there on the second prcoess (after the first 1, used in the example):

after those 3 lines a box pops up saying this:

Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

That's it. Can anyone help me please? I'm now dying to play this update, and this is just getting very frusturating. On a side note i have uninstalled both the mod and main game several times.
    Just to make sure the UI switcher is not the problem, go to Hyrule's mod folder and start the game up by double clicking on Executable.bat. That will bypass the UI switcher and just start the game up like it used to.

It appears that the Fairies cannot train ANY units since they can't build smiths.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Just to make sure the UI switcher is not the problem, go to Hyrule's mod folder and start the game up by double clicking on Executable.bat. That will bypass the UI switcher and just start the game up like it used to.
    I've tried it already. Both running it regularly and as administrator. Running it regularly does the same thing, splash loading page comes up then just crashes with nothing popping up. Running it as administrator make the command prompt box comes up, with nothing inside it, and the "Windows cannot find 'kingdoms.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again" error message pops up like before. Any other ideas?

Playing as Labrynna, cannon fodder missing character portrait and in battle models are weird (yet somewhat cool looking) silver/crystal color. I think the rebels had this problem waaaay back. Also what does factory do? built it early on and nothing it seems to have done nothing

@HTD

Already listed.

@Saria's Vanguard

Will list the cannon fodder bug. I killed Labrynna early on, so I overlooked that, believing it was still just the Rebel bug. Also, the siege works is supposed to build Cannons.